How serious are you about your NO vote?

R6acer

Ok I don’t post much but read a lot. There is a majority of UPsers who feel betrayed by Hoffa’s actions. I have seen petitions online and members at our gates getting signatures to try to enforce the vote. This morning it hit me that this won’t change the mind of man who has his set already. But us as members feel betrayed, so what are we going to do about it? Bitch, moan, and complaining? Hope someone saves us? Well I asked a few members this morning about an idea I had and they liked it so I’ll test it here. This is what I came up with...let’s the no vote members start a go fund me to fund an employment attorneys office to investigate Hoffa and his administration to see if they have broken any laws in this negotiation. Let’s apply pressure out of our own pocket. If each no vote member donated 20$ we could easily get over 1 million. I have started looking into DC attorneys but is this something we are interested in?

R6acer

Also once this gets going think of the media attention that Teamsters members are hiring their own representatives to investigate the union and Hoffa. That would cause some serious change.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ok I don’t post much but read a lot. There is a majority of UPsers who feel betrayed by Hoffa’s actions. I have seen petitions online and members at our gates getting signatures to try to enforce the vote. This morning it hit me that this won’t change the mind of man who has his set already. But us as members feel betrayed, so what are we going to do about it? Bitch, moan, and complaining? Hope someone saves us? Well I asked a few members this morning about an idea I had and they liked it so I’ll test it here. This is what I came up with...let’s the no vote members start a go fund me to fund an employment attorneys office to investigate Hoffa and his administration to see if they have broken any laws in this negotiation. Let’s apply pressure out of our own pocket. If each no vote member donated 20$ we could easily get over 1 million. I have started looking into DC attorneys but is this something we are interested in?
Start it up. See what happens?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I would google to see if there are any past actions like this in any union. Hoffa is an attorney so am pretty sure he is standing on firm ground but maybe if you caused enough trouble and the media gets on board , you never know.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What about just going to the NLRB? I would have to research more about the subject, but it seems like the union failed to properly represent the membership. They negotiated the best contract they could, for themselves, certainly not for us.

I would like to have someone look into the conduct of the negotiating committee throughout the whole process. It seems like there are plenty of politically driven folks in leadership positions that would pounce all over any sign of misconduct. So, either they are too weak to actually do anything meaningful, or, as twisted as it sounds, there really has been no misconduct.

Going forward, I know for myself that the Union does not have any interest in properly representing me. I was never planning on sticking around for a full career, and this contract simply gives me extra motivation to move on as soon as possible.

Having said all that, count me in. I'd toss in 20 bucks if it had any chance at all of giving union leadership even the slightest of heartburn.

a911scanner

That’s one of the dumbest ideas that I’ve seen here . It’s getting ridiculous
upload_2018-10-13_14-48-33.jpeg

browndevil

If Hoffa and Taylor didn't enforce the Constitution, THAT would be breaking the law. Do yourself a favor and save your time and money and work to change the language in 2021. They are only doing what they are obligated to do. Ask Sean O'brien, he was in the room with them

Hadjabear

If Hoffa and Taylor didn't enforce the Constitution, THAT would be breaking the law. Do yourself a favor and save your time and money and work to change the language in 2021. They are only doing what they are obligated to do. Ask Sean O'brien, he was in the room with them
Better call the cops then, because they didn't do that last contract with the supplements.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wrong