How to become a pilot

quad decade guy

I got about five hours of Boeing flight time in Delta simulators, so I guess I'm the most qualified on this thread. Back years ago when I was a BSA leader, one of the other leaders worked for Delta maintaining their simulators. They train other pilots too and had to run these things 24/7/365 out of the year. Between Christmas and New Years' no pilot training was scheduled so we would get to take the troop and play on them. You can feel the tires hit simulated gaps in the runway and pull G-forces on takeoff. They can fly by themselves. They are easy to get off the ground but you wouldn't want me landing one with the auto-pilot turned off!

View attachment 329329
Cool.

Great.

You got Xbox too?

The most qualified on this thread......because you know the simulator mechanic?

Fair enough.....

So, how to become a pilot? Become a BSA Scout Master? Serious question.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok....

Now, tell us how to become a PILOT?

.............?

34519B81-A682-4F6F-A113-924CBE2B15DF.gif

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Cool.

Great.

You got Xbox too?

The most qualified on this thread......because you know the simulator mechanic?

Fair enough.....

So, how to become a pilot? Become a BSA Scout Master? Serious question.
Guess what you motherless :censored2:er?
My Officer Selection Officer just informed me that as long as I can maintain full time enrollment in online college, my ASTB-E and ASVAB scores entitle me to an automatic drop ship for SNA training

MisplacedRailWorker

Guess what you motherless *er?
My Officer Selection Officer just informed me that as long as I can maintain full time enrollment in online college, my ASTB-E and ASVAB scores entitle me to an automatic drop ship for SNA training
My main motivation to fly jets in the Marine Corps, at this point, is so that I can :censored2:ing throw it in your face. How many millions of combat and or jet hours do you have, mister long shaft?

MisplacedRailWorker

The part that makes me livid is everybody who mentions “ADD“ or “ADHD“. These are labels that you might give OP and prevent her/him from pursuing a lucrative career that he’s totally qualified for because of a bull:censored2: made up diagnosis, or a prescription that he didn’t even ask for…?

MisplacedRailWorker

Military is the cheapest. Free except for 8 years of your life give or take. How is your health. Do you take happy pills? Xanax that type stuff. If you do it's disqualifying all around civilian/military. Bad eyes? There are limitations. Before you do anything, make sure you can pass a Class 1 physical. You have to have this for the airlines. If just a private pilot, Class 3.

How smart are you.....? This has all sorts of limitations.

You can buy your way into the airlines with enough time and money(hours/experience).

There are colleges with Aerospace degrees and private to airline jobs. They can help you.

Beware of scams.

Again, make sure you can qualify first. ADHD and all that can be disqualifying.
Oh and my vision is 20/400… Prior service recruiter said “looks like you’re getting free PRK!”

And I already have a date to go down to Pensacola for NAMI

and I’m not even smart, like you

MisplacedRailWorker

To all:

The FAA publishes the guidelines for disqualifying medicines. For all to see. Tip: before you ever apply and go for an FAA medical of any kind......get a consultation from the FAA certified doctor and tell him about your health history. If you want to be a pilot. Once you fail
(disqualify) for a medical.....it triggers a whole bunch of protocols that must be explained or waived or not. Some are disqualifying forever. No, I'm not a doctor but very familiar with the medical certification process. Most airline pilots have to go every 6 months
EKG's and all that. No? Check it out.

Rotary wing same as fixed wing? Don't think so. It might help but I think you still have to have 1200 multi eng. maybe even multi turbine.
1200? Lay off the… sobriety

You wouldn’t even get a confirmation email from UPS with less than 10,000 hours PIC Jet time

How many thousand hours do you have as pilot in command in the jet aircraft, Perfection?

What'dyabringmetoday???

For about a minute, after I logon to BrownCafe to see she's quoted a post of mine, with more of her inane ramblings.

Same with you....

:biggrin:
We can't all be full of ourselves, I mean a wealth of information....like you Big Union Man. But since you are so much better than lowly dues paying members, you are free to say what you like. You can be anybody that you want to be on the internet....Big Union Man.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The part that makes me livid is everybody who mentions “ADD“ or “ADHD“. These are labels that you might give OP and prevent her/him from pursuing a lucrative career that he’s totally qualified for because of a bull* made up diagnosis, or a prescription that he didn’t even ask for…?
What makes you think this is a made up diagnosis? Just curious.

MisplacedRailWorker

What makes you think this is a made up diagnosis? Just curious.
I don’t. That part I probably worded incorrectly. I’m diagnosed with ADD, and prescribed dextroamphetamine (Adderall)

I dated a girl in high school who is told in a 15 minute doctors appointment that she had it as well, and they prescribed Adderall to her and as a result she wasn’t able to apply for the Navy ROTC scholarship that she definitely would’ve gotten. Come to find out now she hasn’t taken it since then and 10 years later functions perfectly fine and does not believe she has a deficit of attention, like I do. My point is:

A) A doctor’s opinion, while highly regarded, if reached too quickly may be disabling on the patient’s future and career.

B) @quad decade guy is wrong and I know many Navy and Marine Corps aviators who are currently prescribed Adderall or Dexedrine from Navy psychiatrist and are currently serving as naval aviators

C) I hate @quad decade guy

MisplacedRailWorker

Ok. Fair enough.

Now, Chuck Yeager......

Your qualifications.......please: For all to see...........

BTW, refute anything I've said exactly......exactly now.

BTW, do you know me? Really? Except of course whatever snippet you are trying to smear me with here.

Please tell me what I know.

Your job here is....?

Pilot qualifications? Hours? Education?
Good info.

I would add that crying about ANY flying slot is pretty immature. Expecting a top slot would be way uninformed. Who would go into the Academy without knowing this?

I would guess that your friends son was pretty average at the academy. That's where "other" folks go IF they even get a flying slot. There are exceptions where some top finishers want cargo or helicopters and such.

You also didn't talk about wash out rates...they are very high. I've read 50% or higher. Just because you are relatively smart or a girl or minority(yes they are selected that way) doesn't mean you can cut it.
You obviously didn’t, or even apply most likely… So shut the :censored2: up maybe?

MisplacedRailWorker

Good info.

I would add that crying about ANY flying slot is pretty immature. Expecting a top slot would be way uninformed. Who would go into the Academy without knowing this?

I would guess that your friends son was pretty average at the academy. That's where "other" folks go IF they even get a flying slot. There are exceptions where some top finishers want cargo or helicopters and such.

You also didn't talk about wash out rates...they are very high. I've read 50% or higher. Just because you are relatively smart or a girl or minority(yes they are selected that way) doesn't mean you can cut it.
You are so completely :censored2:ing wrong every time you use the Internet you spew bull:censored2: from your keyboard. Nowadays you don’t even have to get a passing score on the ASTB-E (aptitude test for naval aviators in Navy and Marine Corps)

we are dying for pilots, even in the Marine Corps. You could be a complete knucklehead but if you so desire and can’t complete a four year degree, and especially mark off Asian, black, or other on your OCS application, they will push you through like a hooker’s throat…

MisplacedRailWorker

You are so completely *ing wrong every time you use the Internet you spew bull* from your keyboard. Nowadays you don’t even have to get a passing score on the ASTB-E (aptitude test for naval aviators in Navy and Marine Corps)

we are dying for pilots, even in the Marine Corps. You could be a complete knucklehead but if you so desire and can’t complete a four year degree, and especially mark off Asian, black, or other on your OCS application, they will push you through like a hooker’s throat…
Anything is waiverable. If not for the sole fact that nobody in the military who’s done eight years as an officer, and probably has 100 six-figure job offers being thrown in your face at any given time, wants to do another eight years. Why else would we be offering $200,000 to pilots just to stay a little bit longer

MisplacedRailWorker

Tell that to the Dozens of Topgun graduates I met during my stint in the Marine Corps reserve… Currently prescribed amphetamines for their “mental state” and also for alertness during combat missions… Go shake a stick at those combat veterans and then you can come :censored2: with me on here

quad decade guy

You are so completely *ing wrong every time you use the Internet you spew bull* from your keyboard. Nowadays you don’t even have to get a passing score on the ASTB-E (aptitude test for naval aviators in Navy and Marine Corps)

Must be.........wow.

Man, you just smeared a whole lot of folks.....

quad decade guy

I don’t. That part I probably worded incorrectly. I’m diagnosed with ADD, and prescribed dextroamphetamine (Adderall)

I dated a girl in high school who is told in a 15 minute doctors appointment that she had it as well, and they prescribed Adderall to her and as a result she wasn’t able to apply for the Navy ROTC scholarship that she definitely would’ve gotten. Come to find out now she hasn’t taken it since then and 10 years later functions perfectly fine and does not believe she has a deficit of attention, like I do. My point is:

A) A doctor’s opinion, while highly regarded, if reached too quickly may be disabling on the patient’s future and career.

B) @quad decade guy is wrong and I know many Navy and Marine Corps aviators who are currently prescribed Adderall or Dexedrine from Navy psychiatrist and are currently serving as naval aviators

C) I hate @quad decade guy
Wow.....

There it is...they say a lot of hot heads and mental cases in the military....I guess it's true.....

Hate......there it is.......

I thought you were a mental case....but admitting it?

But then admit your "girlfriend got denied for my exact statement......but hate me for it...

Say, how many lies have you told your "recruiter"? Is he/she in on this?

Are you a liar? Officer candidate? Private?

Liar?

quad decade guy

Tell that to the Dozens of Topgun graduates I met during my stint in the Marine Corps reserve… Currently prescribed amphetamines for their “mental state” and also for alertness during combat missions… Go shake a stick at those combat veterans and then you can come * with me on here
Yes, called "wakefulness pills" by my doc. Whole other subject. Good luck pal....Im concerned for our military.....