How to deliver large office buildings with suites? Question to drivers.

Overpaid Union Thug

For me how to deliver to multiple stop/multiple floor buildings varies depending on certain factors (like which is a bulk or bulkiest stop) but one thing I try to do for all of those buildings is deliver from bottom to top. I do that because if I screw up (like if one piece gets forgotten or lost in the stack) I can take care of it on the way back down instead of backtracking back up.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It sounds like your handcart does not have a tongue as it is not easy to slide a stack of packages off of a handcart with a tongue.
My handcart has the tongue that folds down to increase capacity, but I avoid using it if possible. I would rather use the largest/heaviest package as the "tongue" because that allows me to push the pile up against a wall and pull the handcart out from underneath it. Using the tongue means I have to unload the cart by hand.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My handcart has the tongue that folds down to increase capacity, but I avoid using it if possible. I would rather use the largest/heaviest package as the "tongue" because that allows me to push the pile up against a wall and pull the handcart out from underneath it. Using the tongue means I have to unload the cart by hand.

Not using the tongue would double to triple the number of trips I would have to make in to the complex I described earlier. Yes, you do have to unload the cart by hand, but I'll take that over having to make 2-3 trips when 1 will do.

Fragile

18ixhcr5g3522jpg.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree with sober on loading the hand truck inside the package car and pushing it out the back..unless it's a very heavy amount of weight then I don't do it..but if a sup is doing an observation they would freak out over this method..not that it would matter to me..The hand truck has those rails that make it convenient

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I agree with sober on loading the hand truck inside the package car and pushing it out the back..unless it's a very heavy amount of weight then I don't do it..but if a sup is doing an observation they would freak out over this method..not that it would matter to me..The hand truck has those rails that make it convenient
I use this method even during an OJS. They always say something about it and write it down on their clipboard. Oh well.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Are you talking about leaving and then having to come back to the mall 5 separate times? Why in the world would she be doing that?

Its a strip mall with about 40 different businesses. She breaks for air then returns, she breaks for some early pickups then returns, she breaks to get other businesses if she cannot locate a package, she breaks for lunch and returns, and then she is back for pickups in the afternoon.

It's really a very screwed up route but they wont change it to make it more efficient. There are shops that are spa'd to rdr AND 3000 but the loaders don't catch because it doesn't have the store name. Very few stores have the suite #s so she has to try sort before making the stop, All this and the BA makes us just DUP the stop because "you are professional drivers and that's what we pay you for". Makes not one iota of sense to me, but that's why I'm just a driver and not a BA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its a strip mall with about 40 different businesses. She breaks for air then returns, she breaks for some early pickups then returns, she breaks to get other businesses if she cannot locate a package, she breaks for lunch and returns, and then she is back for pickups in the afternoon.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

It's really a very screwed up route but they wont change it to make it more efficient. There are shops that are spa'd to rdr AND 3000 but the loaders don't catch because it doesn't have the store name. Very few stores have the suite #s so she has to try sort before making the stop, All this and the BA makes us just DUP the stop because "you are professional drivers and that's what we pay you for". Makes not one iota of sense to me, but that's why I'm just a driver and not a BA.
What does a BA have to do with it? They don't pay you.