How to have fun in a retirement community for spring break?

Hello all,

I am going to Florida with my family. We are staying with my grandma who lives in a retirement community type thing. They have their own houses, but they're all old people. I'm 26 years old and how can I make this fun?

Thanks.
John

moreluck

golden ticket member
Skip lunch to make sure you are really hungry at 4:00 PM for the early bird restaurant specials!

As an aside, kid, your grandparents won't be around forever. Forget about you having fun. Don't be selfish and try to learn something from people who have already "done it" !!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hello all,

I am going to Florida with my family. We are staying with my grandma who lives in a retirement community type thing. They have their own houses, but they're all old people. I'm 26 years old and how can I make this fun?

Thanks.
John
Twister. Old people love twister.

P

pickup

Skip lunch to make sure you are really hungry at 4:00 PM for the early bird restaurant specials!

As an aside, kid, your grandparents won't be around forever. Forget about you having fun. Don't be selfish and try to learn something from people who have already "done it" !!

Original poster: The advice from the lady with a dog in her avatar is all the more reason you need a car.

You also might make yourself and everyone happy by agreeing to a date with Mrs. Konenfeld's granddaughter who also happened to get guilt tripped into visiting "Cemetary" village. Old people love playing matchmaker and you will both appreciate time away from the old timers.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I haven't looked at all the replies yet, but I have a feeling this is the best answer.
I like Dave's answer. More has a great point, too. Mine are gone, now. I miss them dearly.

I think Ovah and I would have had those old people hootin' and hollerin', though! Booze and twister! Woo-hoo!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I like Dave's answer. More has a great point, too. Mine are gone, now. I miss them dearly.

I think Ovah and I would have had those old people hootin' and hollerin', though! Booze and twister! Woo-hoo!!!

I wann go with you on that vacation, your bikini, my apron, booze and twister!! Sounds like a good week!!

over9five

Staff member
I just thought of something better!

There are often widows in a retirement community. A young 26 year old stud such as yourself.....

Just sayin, you could make some 86 year old woman very happy!

Johney

May I ask where in Florida? I deliver to a few of those retirement communities, most have a nice clubhouse with pool and a few other things(pool table,ect.) other than that forget it. The weather has been extra warm where I am(south) nice pool weather although mine is still a bit cold for me(no heater).

Menotyou:Naked twister is better with the right person:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
I just finnished a 4 week stay at my mother-in laws retirement park in Arizona. Walk around the park starting about 4:00 in the afternoon and I guarantee you will find a group or 2 who are just starting their cocktail hour which lasts til 10:00 or 11:00. Them people love to party (especially Canadians). They are old -not dead.