how was your day?

DS

Fenderbender
I know this may seem like a kinda gay title for a thread but it may help to kill some of the pain.
I find if you are in the same area for a long time,you can get a bit too efficient.In the old days I was time studied and my min/max stop count
was 63-73...I can do this easily and get my break and do my log,plus 20 oncalls in 10 hours.OK this was my day.
Today was one of those rare perfect days. Stop count said 68,and I ended up with 55.My reg pu`s were light and I got 8 oncalls.I went back for every sendagain and ended up with 62 stops.I got rid of all my paid and had 2 cods left.Considering I cant pick up my letterboxes before 6PM and cant leave the area until 6:30 as per the cutoff time for oncalls,
was I padding miles? stealing time? I dont think so,I usually dont have the time to go back.ok I had a cake day....how was yours?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
One of the worst days I have ever had. Sold my house and had to go close on it this morning. I get to work 3 minutes before start time and everyone is already on the clock preloading. There are about 50 packages behind my car and the car is so full you can't get in it. First thing I spot is 12 packages taking up the whole left side of my car that don't even go on my route. I leave the building 30 minutes later than usual. Preloader has my stop count at 98. I wind up with 127 stops and 248 packages on a P700. This might not be bad on some routes but I have 1 bulk stop at the college that got 36 packages. That leaves a lot of 2 and 3 package stops. Got in tonite at 9:30 pm. Hopefully tomorrow will be better but I doubt it. We are a driver short and there is no one to help out. Thank the Lord I have a week of vacation next week.

satellitedriver

Typical,
but better then the average day.
Sent a message I had more than I could do. Left 2 hours worth of stops in the trailer for another driver to pickup and deliver.
Punched out at a 9.5 day.

DorkHead

DS, 9/10/07, sucked for me. Load was horrible which is usually NOT the case. Had a section cut from my route then put back on but was never repalled. Showed 1000 section in the Diad, but was loaded in the 7000 section because of the earlier cut. Didn`t find them till 2:00pm. Had to get them on my way back in.

P.S. Down here when we attempt a 2nd time del. it doen`t count as another stop.

retired2000

had a great day. got up about 8am read the paper until 8:30 then i ate. got dress , saw my grandaughter off to school and ran a few errands. had lunch with a pop from a blue can (labatts) did a little yard work. had another pop. then it was time for dinner. what a great day. it sure is nice to be retired:thumbup1:

rod

Retired 22 years
had a great day. got up about 8am read the paper until 8:30 then i ate. got dress , saw my grandaughter off to school and ran a few errands. had lunch with a pop from a blue can (labatts) did a little yard work. had another pop. then it was time for dinner. what a great day. it sure is nice to be retired:thumbup1:
Errands AND yard work on the SAME day? You sound like one of those work-o-holics to me. Slow down man- have another Blue:)

ups79

I know this may seem like a kinda gay title for a thread but it may help to kill some of the pain.
I find if you are in the same area for a long time,you can get a bit too efficient.In the old days I was time studied and my min/max stop count
was 63-73...I can do this easily and get my break and do my log,plus 20 oncalls in 10 hours.OK this was my day.
Today was one of those rare perfect days. Stop count said 68,and I ended up with 55.My reg pu`s were light and I got 8 oncalls.I went back for every sendagain and ended up with 62 stops.I got rid of all my paid and had 2 cods left.Considering I cant pick up my letterboxes before 6PM and cant leave the area until 6:30 as per the cutoff time for oncalls,
was I padding miles? stealing time? I dont think so,I usually dont have the time to go back.ok I had a cake day....how was yours?

I would imagine if you are asking us whether you are stealing time, you probably fill as though you are. Not only are you padding miles, but you are also padding stops. Have you heard of the duplicate stop key?

helenofcalifornia

Yeah, that was my question too. Don't they enforce that "Duplicate key" stop in Canada? Personally, I think if you go back two times, then it's two stops. Are the rules different in Canada?

xDELETEDx

Got to meet my friendly local preloaders :crying: Our night sort got done 10 minutes after preload's start time. Counting the sups that are working, we have about half of the people we're supposed to have. Doesn't help that one of them keeps scheduling people off, there are 3 people on vacation this week. HR and the center manager are coming in, I'm about to give them the riot act.

Fnix

4:30am->6:30am unloaded 2 drop frames
6:30am->6:45am unloaded half an extendo
6:45am->7:30am busted bags in the airbay
7:30am->7:45am break
7:45am->9:00am irregs
9:00am->3:40am HOME

Sammie

Retired,

Do you think we'd be rubbing it in when we share how much we DON'T miss getting up at dawn's crack every day no matter how crummy we feel, or that we don't have to see those jerks we don't like any more, and that we donated all of our uniforms and dress clothes?

Or that every day is a holiday and the Productivity and Purpose at work aren't missed in the slightest? I think the late publisher Malcolm Forbes had to be kidding when he speculated that "Retirement kills more people than hard work ever did."

Except that our retirement stash will have to last 40 more years :sad:, it's all cake!

DS

Fenderbender
I would imagine if you are asking us whether you are stealing time, you probably fill as though you are. Not only are you padding miles, but you are also padding stops. Have you heard of the duplicate stop key?
Yea I`ve tried the dup key many times,it just beeps...wont let me.

Ms Spoken

Just wondering if anyone else feels like they are BURNED OUT ? We are already running at max stops and everyone is worn down.
Have any tips on how to get out of this funk? Real ideas please and only a few jokes if you don't mind. thx

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to find that drinking alot helped. If you could go through the next day in half a fog it was bearable:tongue_sm

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Another great day today! Punched out at 9:01 pm. They thought they were doing me a big favor by pulling 17 stops. The easiest residential stops I have. I can run 30 stops an hour on them. One of our feeders broke down and we sat for an hour waiting for it to arrive. I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings.