How was your Fri july 3rd?

TheDick

Did your CTM seem to not have a clue how to dispatch the number of cars the DM told them to run?:funny:
Where your EDD's jacked up and in no order?
Lots of sick calls?
No air-shuttle? I liked this one:peaceful:
Did whole streets not get put on cars because you said the DDS office was taking Fri off?:angry:
Did lots of customers call wondering why they didnt get their pkgs and got told by CTM that they werent getting them delvd. cuz they were scanned once already and a second delivery scan is like double dipping?
Did you center manager and local sort sups make a feeble(funny to watch) attempt at running the sort themselves because they told the sorters not to come to work Friday except 2?

So how was your 3rd?

bigbrownhen

Very screwey at first. It was like a Monday, routes cut out and air all over the place. My work group figured it out together and we did fine once we got the mess figured out. Having good people running routes next to you makes all the difference.

Once I delivered all my business stops, it was easy after that, alot better than I thought it would be.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i was off today, but got my package that my wife was waiting for....go team!

my driver, who was a cover driver, said I was his 192nd stop today...and it was hot.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
:censored2: horrible,,peak like stop counts with at least a 11.5 planned day, horrible loads due to all the add/cuts....oh yeah, to add insult to injury we were told to gas and wash our trucks as the reload people had been told to stay home ..... %^$%$$%$%^%^

slantnosechevy

Did your CTM seem to not have a clue how to dispatch the number of cars the DM told them to run?:funny:
Where your EDD's jacked up and in no order?
Lots of sick calls?
No air-shuttle? I liked this one:peaceful:
Did whole streets not get put on cars because you said the DDS office was taking Fri off?:angry:
Did lots of customers call wondering why they didnt get their pkgs and got told by CTM that they werent getting them delvd. cuz they were scanned once already and a second delivery scan is like double dipping?
Did you center manager and local sort sups make a feeble(funny to watch) attempt at running the sort themselves because they told the sorters not to come to work Friday except 2?

So how was your 3rd?

I believe that was the scene today in a large majority of the centers. We have seen a glimpse of the future

JJ53

Our management team accidentally took everyones' pickup runs out of their diad boards, so everyone had to wing it once again....:smart:

screamin chicken

I have been sending my clo buisness all week, I go to put my stuff in ther truck today and I could not walk into the back, my loader sucks, and on top of that the dummy loaded all of my close buisness. and out of the 143 stops I had maybe 15 comm. and 2 pick ups which was not to bad, but then i had to go onto another route with comm. across town. I will say it was nice haveing all of those resi. stops and I am on vacation next week.:happy-very:

satellitedriver

It was the worse dispatch I have seen in 23yrs,and,
that is saying a lot.
Saved the day, once again.
Utilizing all my knowledge and skills, I
called the center and explained that it was impossible for me.
Kindly, they sent help, and took 3hrs work off of me.
Even with the help, it was another 10hr day.
Did my best, but I am sure it was not good enough.

O9', this one is for you.:peaceful:

brown bomber

brown bomber
hey gang....I was off (vacation)..I figured this sort of cluster friend&$K was going to happen....I try to take any week off going into a holiday...

barnyard

KTM rider
I had a great dispatch. Took break, picked up the 4 accounts that were open, went back to the center, unloaded the 5 pieces that I picked up, went home. This was, by far, my best holiday that I have worked. I was off the clock at 16:30. The day after Christmas, I was done at 19:15.

Originally, I was pretty bummed. My route was cut out. I spent the past 3 weeks getting closures and early closures. I knew there was not enough work on my route and knew there would be a combo. Guy on the route next to mine had a PH, so I thought I was all set.....

The route I was on, the regular guy was on vacation and the cover guy did not submit any closures. At 11a, I had 40 stops done, but over half were CLO H. Half the pick up accounts were closed. Neither the sub nor the regular driver turned in a very good list of closures.

If I were a driver supe, I would be pretty honked off.

So, if your dispatch was really far off, who was to blame?? Was it the people that put together the loads, knowing that some jag-off drivers did not turn in even 25% of closed businesses?? or was it the jag-off drivers that did not turn in closures, management knew this and loaded them up???

TB

BrownBlue

New Jack
Horrible, I have hardly any businesses on route, and the idiots pulled some of my area off so I can drive back and forth delivering other drivers stuff. But it's always nice to stop and chat with other drivers that are delivering the same STREET! Our dispatch needs to be fired.:angry:

upsgrunt

I put in an 8 hour request for Monday because I think it will be even screwier (?) than today. I was the second of 3 drivers "on call" today to not work, but my luck the volume was enough that they added 2 routes and I had to go in. 23 years in and the 10th driver down from the top and I still don't have enough whiskers to get the day off:happy2:

helenofcalifornia

That's funny you mention one dentist in a building will be closed and ALL the businesses in that building were closed. We had alot of that. If we didn't we would still be out there delivering.

brownrodster

Today sucked. My route was business as usual with minimal holiday closures. However, one neighbor route was 90% closed and I got his remaining 10% and all his pickups. 12 hour day.

SKAGITDRIVER

well they cut a third of the routes out everyone was in the red and in the morning PCM an oncar supe said take a half an hour lunch instead of an hour lunch and you will get done faster I had to laugh

8up

years ago our center manager, who had come out of I.E., shared this with us, he called it the 6 P's:
Poor Prior Planning = Pi$$ Poor Performance.
after seeing how the plan was performed this year.
monday i'm calling it the 7 M's
Maniac Management Morons, Make Major Mangled Mess. i'll be on vacation.
it will be a "peak season" day, without extra cars or helpers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had one of the easiest days I have had in a while. 122 stops, 250+ pieces, and that was with 2 extra residential sections. I was able to get rid of everything on the car. I had enough time to double trip and dump what pickups I had made to that point and still had to wait for my drop boxes. I even had time to get a haircut. The only closings I had were the college, schools and a foundry, so this will add to my bulk on Monday.

The only annoying part was the CLO H cetification that we had to sign and the PCM and 2 ODS messages which basically repeated what was in the certification that we had just signed. They asked us not to scan any CLO H but to segregate them in the car so that they could scan then when we got back to the center. My on car said it has something to do with cost and making their numbers look good.

screamin chicken

well they cut a third of the routes out everyone was in the red and in the morning PCM an oncar supe said take a half an hour lunch instead of an hour lunch and you will get done faster I had to laugh

WOW it sounds like our center, I thought we had all the idiots, guess UPS does spread them out.