How Will UPS Compete With Amazon?

Thebrownblob

look at this way I'm returning back to amazon for 17.50 per hour "full time" with a work load that is easy yet I turned down Fed ex and UPS because they only offered partime at 15.50 with such a heavy workload. I can quit amazon whenever I want to and get hired whenever I want to. With these other so called union warehouses, you would probably get fired before you even quit.
Silly boy you have to have seniority to get a full-time inside job. And they pay over $35 an hour. Vacations. Free insurance, overtime after eight. Yearly contractual raises, And pension.

Lol you said they told you they could search your car that’s funny. Another joke account.
yes, giant distribution said they could search your car for drugs, weapons and if they believe you stole some fruits or vegetables from them. You couldn't be walking outside the break room with fruits or vegetables or else it would be considered theft of there products. They also said if someone is acting quite and by themselves to report them to a management because apparently to them such a person is a danger and has guns yet the same top manager doing orientation was bragging and talking about owning guns and even the so called HR lady. They actually were trying to sound like they tough while claiming that quite shy are a risk and that people should look out for them. I had wanted to walk out and say something but I decided to not go back. Mind you all these workers most likely were on drugs and had prior criminal convictions yet they had the nerves to say watch out for the quite person that doesn't talk.
Not to mention the outrageous amount of carts they wanted you to load per hour it was like 450 or 1000 per hour. By carts i mean bulk boxes of fruits like banana, soda, chicken weight like 50 pounds. Not those small soda boxes of 12 but those 24-36 cans of soda.
They were basically trying to take advantage of new temporary person, keep in mind they layoff all those temporary employee each month and replace them. The permanent employees were just standing around laughing talking with each other, and they were old men in the 40s-60's while the new temporary employees where working hard killing themselves.
I'm sure most of the veteran permanent employees were part of the so called union. Those union leaders are the elite that get all the special rights and promotions. Anyone not close to union is basically paying a membership for no reason.
I'm willing to bet all those union leaders and there close friends will remain on the job while everyone else gets laid off- that's the sad reality of it. Remember I said they took 140 dollars from my check of 2 days that I went there and they did nothing for me.
These same union members esp. the leaders who are considered veteran workers were expecting me to come to work for them while they took a 1 month vacation only so that they could come back and get me laid off. That's a union which jeff bezo's isn't willing to support.

Silly boy you have to have seniority to get a full-time inside job. And they pay over $35 an hour. Vacations. Free insurance, overtime after eight. Yearly contractual raises, And pension.
seniority. Only a few drivers earn that it was recently revealed by a lot of Fed EX and UPS employees but in warehouse no. In amazon you can work full time or part time. With UPS no only part time less than 20 hrs per week and with fed ex only part time with the manager/hr telling me fulltime was only available for a select people after a while and mind you I was applying far away in the country because the fed ex around me in the near the city where I live paid only 16.00 per hour and this one paid 19 but only part time.
Actually in amazon if your new you start off at $15.50 and in some buildings at $17.50 and for each year you get 1 dollar extra up to 5 years. Night shift starts off at 17.90 for a newbie.
Can't say that UPS, recently applied and quit the job on first date because it was less than 20 hours of work and only 15.50 per hour. No way to make a living. Traveling between 2 part time jobs is a hassle and not worth it.

actually some some guy a couple of years ago quit UPS on the same day I went to orientation at UPS. He started screaming and made a threat this this HR woman. Something that I never seen at amazon. I kind of felt glad he did cause that woman told me she would call me for the first day of work and never did. I'm sure he had a legit reason to be upset and it probably was the workload which I hear is pretty heavy just putting boxes inside trucks which I avoided doing in amazon since in amazon you can do other things like just pull pallets around the entire shift. I'm sure he was pisssed off over the work load, pay and few hours. I think it was like 12.50 per hour like 5 yrs ago. They said he had been there for a couple of years and that day he had had enough.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

yes, giant distribution said they could search your car for drugs, weapons and if they believe you stole some fruits or vegetables from them. You couldn't be walking outside the break room with fruits or vegetables or else it would be considered theft of there products. They also said if someone is acting quite and by themselves to report them to a management because apparently to them such a person is a danger and has guns yet the same top manager doing orientation was bragging and talking about owning guns and even the so called HR lady. They actually were trying to sound like they tough while claiming that quite shy are a risk and that people should look out for them. I had wanted to walk out and say something but I decided to not go back. Mind you all these workers most likely were on drugs and had prior criminal convictions yet they had the nerves to say watch out for the quite person that doesn't talk.
Not to mention the outrageous amount of carts they wanted you to load per hour it was like 450 or 1000 per hour. By carts i mean bulk boxes of fruits like banana, soda, chicken weight like 50 pounds. Not those small soda boxes of 12 but those 24-36 cans of soda.
They were basically trying to take advantage of new temporary person, keep in mind they layoff all those temporary employee each month and replace them. The permanent employees were just standing around laughing talking with each other, and they were old men in the 40s-60's while the new temporary employees where working hard killing themselves.
I'm sure most of the veteran permanent employees were part of the so called union. Those union leaders are the elite that get all the special rights and promotions. Anyone not close to union is basically paying a membership for no reason.
I'm willing to bet all those union leaders and there close friends will remain on the job while everyone else gets laid off- that's the sad reality of it. Remember I said they took 140 dollars from my check of 2 days that I went there and they did nothing for me.
These same union members esp. the leaders who are considered veteran workers were expecting me to come to work for them while they took a 1 month vacation only so that they could come back and get me laid off. That's a union which jeff bezo's isn't willing to support.
Seek help your mental condition seems fragile. As well as your nonsense stories. No one can search your car without a search warrant knucklehead. Grow a set of balls and tell them to go pound sand. But I guess that would explain why you enjoy working and Amazon a company that routinely is ranked around the bottom of employee treatment.

Thebrownblob

seniority. Only a few drivers earn that it was recently revealed by a lot of Fed EX and UPS employees but in warehouse no. In amazon you can work full time or part time. With UPS no only part time less than 20 hrs per week and with fed ex only part time with the manager/hr telling me fulltime was only available for a select people after a while and mind you I was applying far away in the country because the fed ex around me in the near the city where I live paid only 16.00 per hour and this one paid 19 but only part time.
Actually in amazon if your new you start off at $15.50 and in some buildings at $17.50 and for each year you get 1 dollar extra up to 5 years. Night shift starts off at 17.90 for a newbie.
Can't say that UPS, recently applied and quit the job on first date because it was less than 20 hours of work and only 15.50 per hour. No way to make a living. Traveling between 2 part time jobs is a hassle and not worth it.

Seek help. Every employee earns seniority the very first day they start.

Thebrownblob

actually some some guy a couple of years ago quit UPS on the same day I went to orientation at UPS. He started screaming and made a threat this this HR woman. Something that I never seen at amazon. I kind of felt glad he did cause that woman told me she would call me for the first day of work and never did. I'm sure he had a legit reason to be upset and it probably was the workload which I hear is pretty heavy just putting boxes inside trucks which I avoided doing in amazon since in amazon you can do other things like just pull pallets around the entire shift. I'm sure he was pisssed off over the work load, pay and few hours. I think it was like 12.50 per hour like 5 yrs ago. They said he had been there for a couple of years and that day he had had enough.
I think we will call you the Amazonrube. Seems to fit better.

Seek help your mental condition seems fragile. As well as your nonsense stories. No one can search your car without a search warrant knucklehead. Grow a set of balls and tell them to go pound sand. But I guess that would explain why you enjoy working and Amazon a company that routinely is ranked around the bottom of employee treatment.
if your a private property they can search your car or fire you. Either you could say no and get fired or you can stay with them and let them search thru your car. A lot of people there didn't have options. I'm sure a lot of them were ex-convicts and on something. Any if your doubt me go apply there and see it for yourself.
Amazon is an easy company to work with and get along with. The work is not hard. Either you like working or you don't. I myself met thousand of lazy people that come into amazon thinking they can get awy with just standing or walking around. They quit once they get warnings or they get fired. When they do get fired, I'm happy they do. Cause they come in on first day acting like they want to work than they don't even want to lift a box afterwards.
I myself am not a workaholic but when there is work to be done I get it done. But there are some jobs I will never take because of the work load and amazon isn't one of those companies.

bro amazon is an easy company to work for. The work load isn't heavy. I would say its moderate workload but not heavy workload compared to UPS and FedEx. It may be heavy work load for a female which amazon does hire a lot of but for a man isn't medium workload.
But I will say this " plenty of men get hired by amazon yet the woman outperformed them". I know more females that still work for amazon and more men that quit amazon because they wanted to walk around lifting a few boxes each day. The boxes are not even that big. It was pure laziness.
And I know these employee that quit amazon wanted lightwork where they could just talk and walk around all day which at most companies they do get away with while making other employees do the most workload but with amazon they couldn't do this.

Thebrownblob

if your a private property they can search your car or fire you. Either you could say no and get fired or you can stay with them and let them search thru your car. A lot of people there didn't have options. I'm sure a lot of them were ex-convicts and on something. Any if your doubt me go apply there and see it for yourself.
Amazon is an easy company to work with and get along with. The work is not hard. Either you like working or you don't. I myself met thousand of lazy people that come into amazon thinking they can get awy with just standing or walking around. They quit once they get warnings or they get fired. When they do get fired, I'm happy they do. Cause they come in on first day acting like they want to work than they don't even want to lift a box afterwards.
I myself am not a workaholic but when there is work to be done I get it done. But there are some jobs I will never take because of the work load and amazon isn't one of those companies.
Are you going to keep jabbering? You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and your policies do not pertain to UPS, also we’re not a bunch of pansies at UPS like you are at Amazon, we have a union and we have rules the company has to follow, please go away.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

bro amazon is an easy company to work for. The work load isn't heavy. I would say its moderate workload but not heavy workload compared to UPS and FedEx. It may be heavy work load for a female which amazon does hire a lot of but for a man isn't medium workload.
But I will say this " plenty of men get hired by amazon yet the woman outperformed them". I know more females that still work for amazon and more men that quit amazon because they wanted to walk around lifting a few boxes each day. The boxes are not even that big. It was pure laziness.
And I know these employee that quit amazon wanted lightwork where they could just talk and walk around all day which at most companies they do get away with while making other employees do the most workload but with amazon they couldn't do this.
There’s one thing I can assure you, I am not your bro. Amazon does not pay anywhere close to what UPS pays full-time employees. Neither in hourly wages nor in benefits. Keep dreaming if you believe otherwise otherwise, it’s comical and laughable. If you enjoy where you work have At it, but most people are not looking to be someone’s bitch and have some say in the workplace.

Obviously none of those Amazon drivers , drive safely

I see Bunches of Mercedes Vans will beat the hell and back and they're brand new

Thebrownblob

1664057292756.gif

newfie

Amazon has a ways to go before it can handle lots of irregs and lots of air. Any customer that deals with those isn't going to be very interested in Amazon until they can handle all of their parcels...unless they give them one hell of a deal. Until then only thing UPS can do to keep customers is decrease their rates. Amazon won't offer any better service than UPS or Fedex. It's going to be all about reliability and cost.
they'll cherry pick the easy volume.

you UPS employees are funny. I just turned down a UPS offer last week. I mean less than 25 hours per hour about 3 hours per shift only 5 days at 15.50$ yet minimum wage is 12.50$ in most states. I mean how am I suppose to even make a living off part time work. I check on google maps there were so many UPS warehouse delivery stations in each town that they can hire employees for less than 3 hour shifts and they still make millions not sacrificing there deliveries just paying the lease on there buildings.
Read the reviews on UPS. Having worked at amazon I know that they at least are able to provide 4 hours per shift and offer fulltime.
I think everyone agrees Giant Peapod is the lowest of the job barrel in warehouse work. I mean who wants to be stuck in a freezer only making 12.50$ per hour.
As for me. I know Amazon is one of the lowest jobs in the market if you want to work in the warehouse distribution sector that is only because of the pay rate and the refusal of amazon to utilize forklifts and other powered equipment which prevents its employee's from learning how to make more money and learn a new skill since more forklift operators make over 20$ per hour.
And yes I'm fed up with amazon and have decided to move on and find a better paying job and have learned how to operate a forklift in order to apply for better opportunities in real distribution centers making at least 22$ per hour.
I have also learned to accept that if I want a well paying job in the distribution center I have to apply real far away in the country where there are less employee's applying at those locations. The pay rate is also better at these isolated locations where you need a car to get to.

Last edited:
you UPS employees are funny. I just turned down a UPS offer last week. I mean less than 25 hours per hour about 3 hours per shift only 5 days at 15.50$ yet minimum wage is 12.50$ in most states. I mean how am I suppose to even make a living off part time work. I check on google maps there were so many UPS warehouse delivery stations in each town.
Read the reviews on UPS. Having worked at amazon I know that they at least are able to provide 4 hours per shift and offer fulltime.
I think everyone agrees Giant Peapod is the lowest of the job barrel in warehouse work. I mean who wants to be stuck in a freezer only making 12.50$ per hour.
As for me. I know Amazon is one of the lowest jobs in the market if you want to work in the warehouse distribution sector that is only because of the pay rate and the refusal of amazon to utilize forklifts and other powered equipment which prevents its employee's from learning how to make more money and learn a new skill since more forklift operators make over 20$ per hour.
Or you can go driving for UPS st $42 an hour but that's your choice

Last edited: