How you like them apples local 89????

oldupsman

1-800- "nobody cares" about the APWA.

Oh gosh Bug. I agree the APWA is a non factor. I just see guys crossing picket lines en mass in 2018.
Unless the union completely capitulates. I mean agreeing to whatever UPS wants. I could see that happening too.
What this contract has shown UPS is how completely divided the union is. The shark smells the blood in the water.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I paid $454 to cover the rest of the cost of a sleep study my wife had, the other bill was $489 to cover an ER visit for my son. He wasn't admitted, and also mis-diagnosed by the young "Physician's Assistant", the local hospital no longer uses real doctors in the ER. He went in for abdominal pains, she couldn't figure out the obvious that it was a kidney stone. Welcome to the new national healthcare system. Lab and Radiology bills pushed it over a grand. Been in Teamcare 29 years, we have always had to pay 20% of everything.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
And another 5 years for UPS to prepare.

By watershed, are you referring to decertification or UPS refusal to recognize IBT as the bargaining agent?

I think you are absolutely right on Hoax. This will be the last contract. The number of people not voting shows how out of touch
the union is with it's membership. I can easily see people ignoring the IBT and just going in to work in 2018.

I'm preparing financially to have my pension cut in half in 2018, if not by more. Even the yes voters on here say, "What more do you want."
Does that sound like people who are going on strike? Now you see all kinds of side deals being made in health care. And you already have all
kinds of different pension plans. There is no national unity at all. It's all over but the shouting.

I'm merely stating the fact that the union members are in a state of flux and need leadership to corral the members or it will be taken into a different direction.

Do I think we will decertify? NO CHANCE
Will UPS recognize the IBT ? THEY HAVE NO CHOICE
Hoax ! Union members see how "real" UPS employees are treated by their board of directors. The Union will be together regardless.

I still believe in Hoffa/Hall but they can't hide their heads in the sand with the voting outcomes.
They need this now, but members have to realize UPS has the right to not have us in their plan.
Healthcare is a national issue, and WE ALL have to realize how fortunate we are as UPS Teamster members in what we have now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I paid $454 to cover the rest of the cost of a sleep study my wife had, the other bill was $489 to cover an ER visit for my son. He wasn't admitted, and also mis-diagnosed by the young "Physician's Assistant", the local hospital no longer uses real doctors in the ER. He went in for abdominal pains, she couldn't figure out the obvious that it was a kidney stone. Welcome to the new national healthcare system. Lab and Radiology bills pushed it over a grand. Been in Teamcare 29 years, we have always had to pay 20% of everything. ​

Up to a maximum out-of-pocket per year?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I think you are absolutely right on Hoax. This will be the last contract. The number of people not voting shows how out of touch
the union is with it's membership. I can easily see people ignoring the IBT and just going in to work in 2018.

I'm preparing financially to have my pension cut in half in 2018, if not by more. Even the yes voters on here say, "What more do you want."
Does that sound like people who are going on strike? Now you see all kinds of side deals being made in health care. And you already have all
kinds of different pension plans. There is no national unity at all. It's all over but the shouting.

Yeah, good luck getting that point across to the Hoffa crowd. I've been saying it for a long time now, and all I get for it is being called a TDU lackey and a sore loser. That's ok, I've been socking away lots of money, counting on the fact that the pension won't be there when I'm done. Lucky for me, I've only got 10 + or - years left.

Funny, I just now read your post, but a few hours ago I posted almost the same thing you're saying in the "Welcome To Teamcare" post.

It's a shame that our union loves to pin our raises from the last two contracts in their hat, when they made a devil's pact with UPS on the backside.

Unfortunately, the union's apathy and the member's laziness let it slide in, nice and greasy.

Dracula

I paid $454 to cover the rest of the cost of a sleep study my wife had, the other bill was $489 to cover an ER visit for my son. He wasn't admitted, and also mis-diagnosed by the young "Physician's Assistant", the local hospital no longer uses real doctors in the ER. He went in for abdominal pains, she couldn't figure out the obvious that it was a kidney stone. Welcome to the new national healthcare system. Lab and Radiology bills pushed it over a grand. Been in Teamcare 29 years, we have always had to pay 20% of everything.

"Yeah, but you get paid 100K and 40K in benefits, so shut up and stop complaining or asking questions", said the Hoffa team.

Dracula

I'm merely stating the fact that the union members are in a state of flux and need leadership to corral the members or it will be taken into a different direction.

Do I think we will decertify? NO CHANCE
Will UPS recognize the IBT ? THEY HAVE NO CHOICE
Hoax ! Union members see how "real" UPS employees are treated by their board of directors. The Union will be together regardless.

I still believe in Hoffa/Hall but they can't hide their heads in the sand with the voting outcomes.
They need this now, but members have to realize UPS has the right to not have us in their plan.
Healthcare is a national issue, and WE ALL have to realize how fortunate we are as UPS Teamster members in what we have now.

Hehe, you crack me up.