How's the ride?

TheBeerDriver

I was curious to see how your guys package cars ride on the road. I drive a freight liner business class m2, and I'm bouncing off of my friggen seat when I'm in town. Just curious to see how those package cars ride.

8000Shelf

I feel every bump and crack in the road in a deisel or gas truck. The newer ones are better but not great riding either. Makes me really sore and tempts sciatica, etc.
I still can't believe the difference when l get in my personal care to come home.

TheBeerDriver

I feel every bump and crack in the road in a deisel or gas truck. The newer ones are better but not great riding either. Makes me really sore and tempts sciatica, etc.
I still can't believe the difference when l get in my personal care to come home.

Yes I know what you mean. We have maybe 1 or 2 trucks in our shop that have a nice seat in it. When you happen to drive one of those which is rare you feel like it's a Cadillac on route.

TheBeerDriver

Ever hit a speed bump that isn't painted at 20 m.p.h. ?
It'll wake you up.

Ouch! Haha in the town I drive in there roads are horrible. I've literally hit my head on the ceiling of the cab a handful of times. Haha

I bring a huge coffee mug because I know half of it spills before I get to drink it. Then I get back to the shop and get yelled at for coffee spills in the truck. Have to wash my truck everyday. Sucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ouch! Haha in the town I drive in there roads are horrible. I've literally hit my head on the ceiling of the cab a handful of times. Haha

I bring a huge coffee mug because I know half of it spills before I get to drink it. Then I get back to the shop and get yelled at for coffee spills in the truck. Have to wash my truck everyday. Sucks.

Every travel mug that I have ever had has always had a lid. Just sayin'.

Box Ox

I have the most bumpy fun when running in ancient 500s with broken/no ABS. You're slowing down but it feels like you're throttling up for liftoff.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was curious to see how your guys package cars ride on the road. I drive a freight liner business class m2, and I'm bouncing off of my friggen seat when I'm in town. Just curious to see how those package cars ride.
If you are legitimately bouncing out of your seat. Slow the :censored2: down.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All UPS package cars suck in terms of ride quality. Some suck less than others. My 2006 Freightliner diesel 665-series car sucks significantly less than all the others I have ever driven. This time of year when my wineries start shipping out, I might pick up 3 or 4 thousand pounds of wine cases and once I am loaded down with that kind of weight the ride quality is actually pretty good.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It happens when I take the truck out into some really bad roads. Some places have bars in the weirdest places and sure enough you gotta find a way to get a semi there.

Yes I understand I know some beer drivers. You're still driving too fast if your head hits the ceiling. Unless maybe you're 6'10"

BrownThunder

Workhorse pos. Horn has been written up a dozen times and still only works when it wants to. I can feel every bump on the road, but it's at least torquey and its governed at 75mph.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All UPS package cars suck in terms of ride quality. Some suck less than others. My 2006 Freightliner diesel 665-series car sucks significantly less than all the others I have ever driven. This time of year when my wineries start shipping out, I might pick up 3 or 4 thousand pounds of wine cases and once I am loaded down with that kind of weight the ride quality is actually pretty good.
Drove a Mercedes Benz sprinter for a few years that thing drove like a car you'd feel like you were doing 50 look at the speedo and your doing 70

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually think my normal package car, a 15+ year old P7 dually, rides pretty well. Until it's in the shop and they give me one of the newer single rear ends that just glides ver everything. It doesn't feel as stable but it's much smoother.