How's the view???........

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you really want me to say what I am feeling right now?

Resident know-it-all.
You had a brain fart and said something uninformed and kind of dumb.

Happens to the best of us.

If you are feeling belittled and ridiculed by our collective responses, perhaps you might pause and reflect upon those feelings the next time you feel compelled to respond in a similar manner towards a new or uninformed poster who comes to this forum and poses a question or comment that fails to live up to your lofty intellectual standards.

Just a thought.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You had a brain fart and said something uninformed and kind of dumb.

Happens to the best of us.

If you are feeling belittled and ridiculed by our collective responses, perhaps you might pause and reflect upon those feelings the next time you feel compelled to respond in a similar manner towards a new or uninformed poster who comes to this forum and poses a question or comment that fails to live up to your lofty intellectual standards.

Just a thought.

You're a better man than me.

Sent using a Potato

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
That would probably be a reasonable request, if he had named any other ship that has ever been commissioned by the USN.

School kids know about the Arizona.
In theory, there could be another Arizona. I believe there have been about 1/2 dozen USS Enterprises commissioned throughout US History.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Actually, I would like to apologize to CementUPS for helping to derail his thread and turning it into yet one more "all about Dave" thread.

Maybe the mods could move a bunch of posts into another thread, and this one could get back on track.

soberups

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1404699699.095377.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you're gonna rib him then do so. You guys are making it out like HE bombed the Arizona not the Germans.

Just a little FYI, in your attempt at humor you couldn't even name the proper assailants. The Japanese sank the USS Arizona, NOT the Germans. Or maybe that was part of your "joke." I don't know.

soberups

Heres the skid marks left by the 17 yr old girl who rear-ended me last Thursday. Im just glad nobody got hurt and I am hoping that since the damage to my rear bumper was superficial ( I wrote it up and shop isnt even going to bother with it) that UPS isnt going to go after her parents and cause their insurance rates to get jacked up.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1404699987.419874.jpg

soberups

Just a little FYI, in your attempt at humor you couldn't even name the proper assailants. The Japanese sank the USS Arizona, NOT the Germans. Or maybe that was part of your "joke." I don't know.
He was making a joking reference to a drunken John Belushi's speech in the movie "Animal House."

soberups

Nothing that a hammer and a little brown paint wont fix....but that would require washing the truck first so I dont see it happening in this lifetime. That leaf has been stuck in my bumper for over a month now.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1404700622.938632.jpg

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Just asked my wife and daughter if they heard of the. Arizona at Pearl Harbor. Negative. Can't say I would have answered correctly under pressure.

There's a good chance your wife and daughter wouldn't jump at every chance they had to make other people feel small, too.

And that's exactly what Upstate attempts to do with each of his posts. He counts on folks like you and Cach to feel sorry for him. It spurs him on.

Don't pity him. He's earned every ounce of scorn this forum has to throw at him.

Sent using a Potato

FilingBluesFL

Heres the skid marks left by the 17 yr old girl who rear-ended me last Thursday. Im just glad nobody got hurt and I am hoping that since the damage to my rear bumper was superficial ( I wrote it up and shop isnt even going to bother with it) that UPS isnt going to go after her parents and cause their insurance rates to get jacked up.

View attachment 14257

...... she caused a preventable accident...

obviously not a safe driver.

What if it wasn't a package car with a "sturdy" rear bumper that couldn't take an impact like that?