over9five

Staff member
Is that a submarine right next to it?
20190329_134037.jpg

Good eyes. Some old Russian sub.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How is your Florida house Search going bud???
My current plan is to wait until January for the pension bump before I get serious about picking a date. I got my 29 year safe driving award Friday morning so I am tempted a little bit to go for 30 for personal bragging rights. I'm keeping an eye on Florida real estate, I want something on the Gulf Coast. We had a dog trainer fly up to visit us the other day that spent all her life in Florida, she couldn't believe that we want to move out of this area after visiting that park.

F

Frankie's Friend

My current plan is to wait until January for the pension bump before I get serious about picking a date. I got my 29 year safe driving award Friday morning so I am tempted a little bit to go for 30 for personal bragging rights. I'm keeping an eye on Florida real estate, I want something on the Gulf Coast. We had a dog trainer fly up to visit us the other day that spent all her life in Florida, she couldn't believe that we want to move out of this area after visiting that park.
Gulf housing keeps your legs in shape.
Screenshot_20190406-232412_Google.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

I have rented house like that for vacation. I love places like Saint George Island out in the middle of nowhere. I am thinking about houses 20-30 miles from the coast, age 55+ golf cart communities near Tampa. You don't have to worry about storm surges and state taxes.
Stay away from Pensacola. There's a lot of stilt houses there for a good reason.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have rented house like that for vacation. I love places like Saint George Island out in the middle of nowhere. I am thinking about houses 20-30 miles from the coast, age 55+ golf cart communities near Tampa. You don't have to worry about storm surges and state taxes.
Tampa is definitely on the radar.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Tampa is definitely on the radar.
Its in the middle of the state with a lot of things to do nearby. I love the warm water and sugar-like sand on the Gulf of Mexico. The Atlanta Braves are building their new Spring training stadium nearby so that's a plus for me.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its in the middle of the state with a lot of things to do nearby. I love the warm water and sugar-like sand on the Gulf of Mexico. The Atlanta Braves are building their new Spring training stadium nearby so that's a plus for me.
When I went to Florida Orlando was in the middle of the state and Tampa was on the Gulf side of Florida. I guess those hurricanes have really jumbled the state around.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went to a car show today called "Caffeine and Octane", its a car and tv show that was started by some friends of mine. The '63 Corvette Split-Window Coupe won Best In Show, the original owner drove it there. The red '69 Coupe is similar to the white one I drove for 25 years. The van is an international Metro, a red McLaren, silver Porsche Spyder, and British Racing Green '54 MG. There were lots of cool antiques and exotic cars there. I deliver to Ricky Gadson who is one of the TV show's hosts everyday on my route.
fullsizeoutput_b59.jpeg
IMG_4953.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG
fullsizeoutput_b5a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b5e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b60.jpeg

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I went to a car show today called "Caffeine and Octane", its a car and tv show that was started by some friends of mine. The '63 Corvette Split-Window Coupe won Best In Show, the original owner drove it there. The red '69 Coupe is similar to the white one I drove for 25 years. There were lots of cool antiques and exotic car there. I deliver to Ricky Gadson who is one of the TV show's hosts everyday on my route.View attachment 243289 View attachment 243290 View attachment 243292 View attachment 243293 View attachment 243294 View attachment 243295

I’ll take the TF, please.

rod

Retired 22 years
I went to a car show today called "Caffeine and Octane", its a car and tv show that was started by some friends of mine. The '63 Corvette Split-Window Coupe won Best In Show, the original owner drove it there. The red '69 Coupe is similar to the white one I drove for 25 years. The van is an international Metro, a red McLaren, silver Porsche Spyder, and British Racing Green '54 MG. There were lots of cool antiques and exotic cars there. I deliver to Ricky Gadson who is one of the TV show's hosts everyday on my route.View attachment 243289 View attachment 243290 View attachment 243292 View attachment 243293 View attachment 243294 View attachment 243295
I'd take that old beat up looking delivery truck that someone invested a hundred grand into to get it looking that bad.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
He obviously had a hydraulic kit in it and it was trailered in from out of state. It got a lot of looks from everybody. My laugh of the day was when my wife asked me if it was that low to the ground to keep dogs from getting under it.
IMG_4971.JPG