How's the view???........

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I used to volunteer to deliver to our county fair after I had returned to the building for the night. UPS never seemed to mind that it took me a hour or more to deliver 3 or 4 COD's about 3 blocks from the building. The center manager went with me one time and was amazed at how much of a hassle it was to hunt down the person in charge of the money. That and the fact that they ALWAYS paid you in cash and ALWAYS tried to cheat you.

Been there, tried to pay for the COD’s that came to over $1000 with $1 bills I told him I’am not screw-in with all that go get a money order I’ll be downtown

rod

Retired 22 years
Been there, tried to pay for the COD’s that came to over $1000 with $1 bills I told him I’am not screw-in with all that go get a money order I’ll be downtown
I didn't mind counting out dollar bills. I considered it a fun stop with no time restrictions because nobody else at our center wanted to do it. I did refuse to take rolls of coins though because you know damn well they were shorted or filled with slugs.

542thruNthru

I didn't mind counting out dollar bills. I considered it a fun stop with no time restrictions because nobody else at our center wanted to do it. I did refuse to take rolls of coins though because you know damn well they were shorted or filled with slugs.

I'll never forget the time I was delivering a COD from leg Avenue to a strip club. The girl came out in her lingerie and started counting 1s. I sat there and watched until she was done. Then said "sorry we only take checks."

542thruNthru

20190817_122041.jpg

Mission bay.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I did get a chance to drive one of the Flame Cars around Atlanta Motor Speedway before a NASCAR race back then. They asked me if I wanted to lap the track and deliver the trophy to the starting line before a race. I turned it down, I'm not a NASCAR fan. I drive around in circles five days a week now, I didn't want any part of it. UPS used to "volunteer" our supervisors to work for UPS Trackside Services back then. UPS would deliver packages to all the pit crews, they would get a cool looking jacket out of it. I was delivering EAMs back then and we would usually send a full package car down there everyday during race week.

rod

Retired 22 years
I did get a chance to drive one of the Flame Cars around Atlanta Motor Speedway before a NASCAR race back then. They asked me if I wanted to lap the track and deliver the trophy to the starting line before a race. I turned it down, I'm not a NASCAR fan. I drive around in circles five days a week now, I didn't want any part of it. UPS used to "volunteer" our supervisors to work for UPS Trackside Services back then. UPS would deliver packages to all the pit crews, they would get a cool looking jacket out of it. I was delivering EAMs back then and we would usually send a full package car down there everyday during race week.
They do about the same thing here during the big NHRA Nationls event. Some years they would even set up a trailer at the track where the racers could ship and receive packages. Every day for a week or so during Nationals time our center is bombarded with NHRA racing stuff for the racers and vendors. Tires, clutches and boxes and boxes of swag.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yes...but you do it in CLOCKWISE circles. BIG difference.