How's the view???........

oldngray

nowhere special
We flew out of a little grass strip that usually always had a cross wind. We did have a few "exciting " moments. We usually flew at about a thousand to two thousand feet unless we were working a fire--then it was MUCH less until the fire bombers got there. Dispatch always chased us out of the area buy the time the bombers showed up. If they were just using helicopters for water drops we got to stick around and fly above. I spent many an hour flying around in a tight circle above a fire. Dispatch by the way was my wife. She organized the teams responding to a fire. I think she like bossing me around.
I don't have a license but did spend some time at the controls of a 172. I would be afraid to land but think I could do it. Not like the Piper Arrow I tried to fly once. That was a real airplane you really needed to know how to fly.

oldngray

nowhere special
Says who? Now you are just making stuff up.
What really makes a difference is how much higher they are than the surrounding terrain. I hiked in the foothills in Colorado that had "hills" a couple of thousand feet higher. Still lower than the real mountains.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't have a license but did spend some time at the controls of a 172. I would be afraid to land but think I could do it. Not like the Piper Arrow I tried to fly once. That was a real airplane you really needed to know how to fly.
My pilot with the DNR always said flying was about the most boring thing a person can do except for the fact that you are always just a split second away from the ride of your life.

rod

Retired 22 years
What really makes a difference is how much higher they are than the surrounding terrain. I hiked in the foothills in Colorado that had "hills" a couple of thousand feet higher. Still lower than the real mountains.
What are you trying to do? Confuse everyone?

oldngray

nowhere special
What are you trying to do? Confuse everyone?
confuse a cat.png