How's the view???........

Hawaii50

Looks a lot like San Diego. I was about to ask if you were on my truf.
04E14A67-64B3-4800-9AE2-1B710BA57E63.jpeg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Oh absolutely. Though I wouldn't want to live there.
I was stationed there for a couple years back in the 80's so got some good memories. A feeder driver I know moved there after retiring a few years back and he seems pretty happy. Biggest drawback (for me anyway) is cost of living, good luck buying a decent place unless you're a millionaire+.

542thruNthru

I was stationed there for a couple years back in the 80's so got some good memories. A feeder driver I know moved there after retiring a few years back and he seems pretty happy. Biggest drawback (for me anyway) is cost of living, good luck buying a decent place unless you're a millionaire+.
Dad was stationed in O‘ahu when I was young. It was great being just a couple blocks from the beach. The main thing my parents hated was the traffic. It takes forever to get anywhere.

rod

Retired 22 years
San Diego's pretty nice but Honolulu's got it beat imho.
Honolulu sucks. Horrendous traffic and homeless all over the place has ruined what I'm sure was ONCE a beautiful city. Been there once to see Pearl Harbor, the USS Missouri and Waikiki Beach. Wouldn't go back now if you paid me. Maui was nice but it was even getting over-used. My nephew lives just outside of Honolulu now and I'm sure we could stay with him for awhile but no thanks.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
All the islands are pretty nice with the exception of Kaho'olawe.

Agreed. Have spent time on all the main islands except Moloka'i. Thinking of staying there for a few days in February.
Have had a condo in Poipu since 1996 and it's getting to be a little to built up now for my liking.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not anymore but after so many years of shelling it's like a wasteland or at least it was. We did some training there and it was the only place in Hawaii that I ever thought was ugly looking.
I thought Hawaii had a lot of ugly places. When I was there 10 years ago the place was over ran with homeless people living in every park and the roads were littered with abandoned cars.