How's the view???........

542thruNthru

sketch-1630073292996.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went back to my Center today for the first time since I retired last October. Founder's Day Celebration with six retirement ceremonies. I had worked with each of these people for over thirty years. Catered breakfast from Cracker Barrel too.
C959C826-55B9-42A0-A990-527EF81B518F_1_201_a.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Four of these people hadn't worked in a year. Two were out with disabilities, they just made it official. My job steward retired too. He walked in and quit one day without notice after he was offered a Business Agent job with Local 728. Best steward we had too. The slacker who bid on my route came off it, he couldn't handle it. To my manager's credit, they gave them a decent sendoff. I don't remember Founder's Day even being mentioned.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I went back to my Center today for the first time since I retired last October. Founder's Day Celebration with six retirement ceremonies. I had worked with each of these people for over thirty years. Catered breakfast from Cracker Barrel too.View attachment 349863
You're a better man than myself. I could never get myself to walk into my old center. I don't even like having to go to the Customer Counter to ship out a parcel.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You're a better man than myself. I could never get myself to walk into my old center. I don't even like having to go to the Customer Counter to ship out a parcel.
Some of those people I worked with for over forty years, I did it for them. I didn't hate my job like a lot of people do, I have never understood that mindset. I wasn't forced to work there, I made a couple of million dollars over my career. I don't dwell on things in life I don't like. I ignored the stupid parts of the job and tried to enjoy the things I liked about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some of those people I worked with for over forty years, I did it for them. I didn't hate my job like a lot of people do, I have never understood that mindset. I wasn't forced to work there, I made a couple of million dollars over my career. I don't dwell on things in life I don't like. I ignored the stupid parts of the job and tried to enjoy the things I liked about it.
Precisely! There are so many miserable malcontent drivers in my center. I just don’t understand it. It’s not a hard job unless you let it be. I actually feel embarrassed for some of them when I see them and hear them talk. Luckily I only have to be around them for a short time in the morning.

This year’s founders day gig was a disaster. Management bought cupcakes but gave a guilt trip speech about how good we have it. Meanwhile the malcontents were swarming and making fun of the free food in between all the usual whining about not having the perfect route for….something like…..the 275th day in a row.