How's UPS protecting its employees from the coronavirus threat?

watdaflock?

I am at least starting to wear latex gloves under my regular work gloves, and am taking my own hand sanitizer to work. The closest that I know of in regards to our facility having been exposed to the virus so far is a driver who returned from a trip to Japan, and has become seriously ill and unable to be tested so far.
I wonder what logistics company is used by the FDA to distribute the test kits. Wonder if UPS will be seeing a lot of boxes from Roche?
U.S. Coronavirus Testing Gets A Potential Breakthrough

542thruNthru

Thought I might thumb through this thread to get an idea of how UPS is thinking about the virus... I can see nobody seems to be taking it seriously.. I asked our shop steward her thoughts.. I suggested at least putting a blanket statement out within our facility emphasizing to not come to work if your sick... She said UPS would never even consider it.. I asked what she thought about at least requesting placing some hand sanitizer in and around our facility, but seems unless I or someone else is willing to do so out of our own pocket, there is no chance..

It would be nice if UPS would at least take some basic precautions, but guess that is asking to much.. I am unsure what is ahead in regards to my preload position, but if I had to guess, I think we are going to see some serious bumps in the road in the very near future.. One or two weeks tops..

I am at least starting to wear latex gloves under my regular work gloves, and am taking my own hand sanitizer to work. The closest that I know of in regards to our facility having been exposed to the virus so far is a driver who returned from a trip to Japan, and has become seriously ill and unable to be tested so far.

Does your facility not have soap and hot water? If they do you are free to go wash your hands often for 20 seconds.

Do you expect them to put a bottle of hand sanitizer in every single truck as well?

Box_Troll

You know that Trump is not to blame

The virus itself is not his fault, but historians will look back at the little illiterate Donnie years solely through the lens of its botched coronavirus response. There will be no question that this idiot is responsible for thousands of needless deaths--including many of his staunchest loyal cult supporters.

Historians and experts will painstakingly document how at every step in the process, little Donnie and his team did everything to guarantee as many people would suffer and die as possible.

His cowardice, stupidity, and dereliction of presidential duties will define his legacy.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
The virus itself is not his fault, but historians will look back at the little illiterate Donnie years solely through the lens of its botched coronavirus response. There will be no question that this idiot is responsible for thousands of needless deaths--including many of this staunchest loyal cult supporters.

The historians and experts will painstakingly document how at every step in the process, little Donnie and his team did everything to guarantee as many people would suffer and die as possible.

His cowardice, stupidity, and dereliction of presidential duties will define his legacy.
I liked it when we (hamerica) was just ignoring it. What's going on now is an embarrassment to humanity.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
I had a lady, short haircut, in a rich neighborhood; who had a sat. Air of whatever; she screamed, “stop right there, DO NOT come any closer!” Before I could even walk up her stairs...really lady?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I meant that I feel it's an embarrassment that we are closing schools, works, getting people riled up. These things happen. Old people die. We should have the national guard digging graves, not cleaning toilets. What, are we gonna shut down life every year now? Everytime someone sucks-off a bat and gets a new ching chong disease going?

Box_Troll

Well, at least our Government has made a believable ad about the Coronavirus, and it's surprisingly honest and informative..

Last edited:

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
^either that or its flu shot propaganda...You’re solely mistaken at you expectations that UPS will set any standards about your saftey. “New member” box troll.. it’s in a diad message. Unfortunately the most effort they”ll have to make is going to your funeral.

tramtwo

I guess it's all about marketing and name recognition (we should be calling this thing what it is, the bat flu)... what's happening today is a self-inflicted disaster. It seems as though most of the country has become histrionic.

There's been between 22000 and 52000 deaths in THIS country just since September of 2019 from influenza! Less than 100 from the COVID-19 or the bat flu. We should be flattening the curve but on what?

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200314-201246.png
    Screenshot_20200314-201246.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

MattM

We've had 3-4 containers of Hospital grade germicidal wipes for awhile (which are 60% isopropyl alcohol to begin with). So I know they have the potential. But that's up in the office. I don't think we've cleaned our tugs or cargo loaders (k loaders), or belt loaders in months or years.

They half hazardardly told us we can call in sick but please don't take advantage of the situation. They said we'd all get a DOC talk regardless. A new guy calling in would have the same documented talk with as a person who's only called in sick twice in 8 years (like myself). There's no advantage to being a good employee.