How's UPS protecting its employees from the coronavirus threat?

watdaflock?

UPS's contingency plan.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
My supervisor told me Friday there are no measures being taken because the virus is “bullshxt”. The Coronavirus is gonna catch ups with there pants down asses out. Even if it is hyped up better safe then sorry. We will work until we all get sick and if you think any less you haven’t been at ups long enough.
Karmas a bitch and it will catch up to this ignorant :butt: hole.

Box_Troll

Thought I might thumb through this thread to get an idea of how UPS is thinking about the virus... I can see nobody seems to be taking it seriously.. I asked our shop steward her thoughts.. I suggested at least putting a blanket statement out within our facility emphasizing to not come to work if your sick... She said UPS would never even consider it.. I asked what she thought about at least requesting placing some hand sanitizer in and around our facility, but seems unless I or someone else is willing to do so out of our own pocket, there is no chance..

It would be nice if UPS would at least take some basic precautions, but guess that is asking to much.. I am unsure what is ahead in regards to my preload position, but if I had to guess, I think we are going to see some serious bumps in the road in the very near future.. One or two weeks tops..

I am at least starting to wear latex gloves under my regular work gloves, and am taking my own hand sanitizer to work. The closest that I know of in regards to our facility having been exposed to the virus so far is a driver who returned from a trip to Japan, and has become seriously ill and unable to be tested so far.

OKLABob

Thought I might thumb through this thread to get an idea of how UPS is thinking about the virus... I can see nobody seems to be taking it seriously.. I asked our shop steward her thoughts.. I suggested at least putting a blanket statement out within our facility emphasizing to not come to work if your sick... She said UPS would never even consider it.. I asked what she thought about at least requesting placing some hand sanitizer in and around our facility, but seems unless I or someone else is willing to do so out of our own pocket, there is no chance..

It would be nice if UPS would at least take some basic precautions, but guess that is asking to much.. I am unsure what is ahead in regards to my preload position, but if I had to guess, I think we are going to see some serious bumps in the road in the very near future.. One or two weeks tops..

I am at least starting to wear latex gloves under my regular work gloves, and am taking my own hand sanitizer to work. The closest that I know of in regards to our facility having been exposed to the virus so far is a driver who returned from a trip to Japan, and has become seriously ill and unable to be tested so far.
ups doesn’t care about the virus that’s the thing. We will all work until we get it they damn sure aren’t gonna pay us to be off for it. Just take every precaution you can that’s all you can do. I drive I started wearing gloves all day if I have to itch my face or eat I use sanitizer then I’ll put my gloves back on.