HR said I'm permanent, Sup say's I'm not

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Doesn't matter what HR says. What the contract states is what matters. The master states you are a seasonal employee.

watdaflock?

I'm a package handler and my start date was 10/30/2018. Before I was hired in my HR rep told me I would be a permanent worker as long as my start date was before 11/1/2018. So now I've worked 3 days and I talked to my supervisor today and was told that I am seasonal and that HR didn't know what they were talking about. This seems a bit ridiculous to me and I'm not sure how to handle the situation. Any advice would be appreciated, as I was really looking forward to making a career out of this opportunity. Thanks in advance.
My advice is, quitting now will not help your chances of being hired.

Think of it this way; you're hired but are still on probation, so you can be fired for practically no reason.

Straight gangsta tonight BOSS. View attachment 220652

Winning! Send me one, please. Right now.

The dark side

I'm a package handler and my start date was 10/30/2018. Before I was hired in my HR rep told me I would be a permanent worker as long as my start date was before 11/1/2018. So now I've worked 3 days and I talked to my supervisor today and was told that I am seasonal and that HR didn't know what they were talking about. This seems a bit ridiculous to me and I'm not sure how to handle the situation. Any advice would be appreciated, as I was really looking forward to making a career out of this opportunity. Thanks in advance.

Not to be a ball buster, in the time period you got hired you wont make senority until peak. You can be kept permanently if managment wants to. Just do what your supes tell you to do and there shouldnt be an issue with them not wanting to keep you towards the end of your probation period.

Pneuma

I have been waiting a week after interview and haven't heard anything. I have talked to a guy at the hub and he says they need help bad. I figured it would be very fast getting on with peak here.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have been waiting a week after interview and haven't heard anything. I have talked to a guy at the hub and he says they need help bad. I figured it would be very fast getting on with peak here.
E3B237A2-1AAE-4DFC-BE2A-46B8E66BF0C9.gif
3588FCBC-382D-4349-BD21-4F61D50D9887.gif

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
You technically are seasonal. However, there is a good chance that they'll let you stay anyways. Atleast at my building, we kept a couple guys hired as late as December. Do a good job between now and January 15. If you work just 1 day after Jan. 15 then you are considered a regular employee with your seniority date reverting back to your hire date.

It also doesn't hurt to drop hints to your sups that you want to stay.
As long as you aren't a complete :censored3: up, you'll be kept on. UPS hubs around the country are hemorrhaging part timers. The attrition rate with em is worse than BUD/S SEAL training.

Box Ox

How good are the health benefits? I've heard it's declined some and not as good as it used to be.

Some folks like to bitch about it. But dentists' and doctors' offices still check plan benefits before you go back and say "Holy :censored2:, we rarely see insurance this good anymore". Current health coverage is not a concern for me.

Liquid Red

Some folks like to bitch about it. But dentists' and doctors' offices still check plan benefits before you go back and say "Holy :censored2:, we rarely see insurance this good anymore". Current health coverage is not a concern for me.

I know....I saw my dentist last month and they were all hot and heavy to do anything and everything. (I just did $8K in dental work...think I'm good for awhile) :w00t:

Pneuma

First night loading was pretty fun. Supervisor was very chill and hilarious even though she did hit me in the head with a package. Loading isn't bad just very fast paced. will I have to worry about PPH loading semi trailers twilight? Very small hub I'm at.