Hub break time

unloady

For my first 3 years they called break everyday at the 2 hour mark on the dot. Last 6 months i havent taken a break, majority of the building is sent home at 3 hours. People who stay are those who demand their 3.5 or preloaders.

km3

I live in a RTW state and there are no laws regarding mandatory breaks. I have sorted for 10 hours with just one 10 minute break. Thank you republicans.

Even if there were laws, it probably wouldn't help much. Where I am we do have laws, and both the union and the company join forces to argue that we work under the terms of a contract, which entitles us to overtime for working over 5 hours, not additional breaks.

lolbr

per the state law here, you are guaranteed a 30 minute break after 6 hours worked. That will of course vary one to another.
You might want to check on that. A lot of those laws have a sentence in it somewhere that if you are working under a contract, the law doesn't apply to you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You might want to check on that. A lot of those laws have a sentence in it somewhere that if you are working under a contract, the law doesn't apply to you.
In several of those states it only applies to unionized firms that contract their work to other companies. Basically the construction industry.

The union-company relationship falls like a deck of cards when confronted with a legal issue, I've seen it happen twice here already.
It's not just osha. Basically anybody that works for the state in any capacity shakes their boots.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
In our supplement there is no break for part time inside operations. During peak the preload starts at midnight and works straight through until 9am. Can you imagine unloading trailers for all that time?
That's some BS
I would be going to the bathroom every 3 hrs and taking my time