Hub closings

A

Anonymous FL HUB

I live in florida and would like to know if they shut down my local hub will we still be paid the 3 1/2 daily guarantee?I'll be proactive because i know it will be asked before i recieve answers. Im a three year senior employee and i have no vacation left and only have 3 option days left.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Last I knew you had to punch in on time to get the guarantee. If they close down no pay unless you burn an option or sick day.

drewed

Shankman
If they call an hour before your shift, that there will be layoffs (or closing) you get your guarantee. pure speculation tho

Johney

I live in florida and would like to know if they shut down my local hub will we still be paid the 3 1/2 daily guarantee?I'll be proactive because i know it will be asked before i recieve answers. Im a three year senior employee and i have no vacation left and only have 3 option days left.
Don't even worry about it they won't shut down your hub for anything short of Nuclear(sp?) War.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nuclear is one of those words that many people mis-pronounce. The Prez hasn't helped.

Realtor is another one.....I hate it when people say real-a-tor. It's pronounced real-tor.

Like chim-a nee (that's another one)

So much to teach and so little time to get it all done. :dissapointed:

Big Babooba

Nuclear is one of those words that many people mis-pronounce. The Prez hasn't helped.

Realtor is another one.....I hate it when people say real-a-tor. It's pronounced real-tor.

Like chim-a nee (that's another one)

So much to teach and so little time to get it all done. :dissapointed:
Those are easy. Try Worcester (wuss - ter). A lot of people say Warchester or Worcestershire (like the sauce).

BrownSuit

Don't even worry about it they won't shut down your hub for anything short of Nuclear(sp?) War.

Actually there was a facility on the coast closed early today and the drivers brought back because of flooding conditions.

With the way the storm has been, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again later this week. From everything I'm hearing, it's not that powerful of a storm, the big issue is lots and lots of rain and it's really not moving.

browniehound

Those are easy. Try Worcester (wuss - ter). A lot of people say Warchester or Worcestershire (like the sauce).

Man, MA is really screwed up! How about the town of "Billerica"? Outside of New England it looks like "Bill-a-R-ika", instead we just say Bill-ricka. Go figure!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have Gila Bend (Hila Bend). It is so easy to tell who the forners (foreigners) are. They can never pronounce it right.

W

westsideworma

yea when people ask me where that is ("warchester") I say hmm never been (worcester is 15 min from me) and apologize :devil3:

jchimienti

what if they call you and say stay home because they are overstaffed do i recieve 3.5 hours? i have my senority and load cars permanently

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

what if they call you and say stay home because they are overstaffed do i recieve 3.5 hours? i have my senority and load cars permanently

I am not certain but I think that any time that they call you before your shift and tell you that you are not needed I think you lose the guarantee and have to use personal time if you wish to get paid for that day. P/T sups please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.