HUB Supervisors Working

takesteady

I love that panicked expression working sups get when a serial grievance filer walks by and they quickly scurry away while shouting into their radio or pretend to be casually lounging inside of a package car 😂

Rubber Puckies

I think the real problem is people that work here, don't want to work here. Add a self-centered union culture to it, and it's become a company whose employees feel that for some reason they should make as much as the CEO..... 😒 Do you really think that your contribution the this empire is by having a high school diploma (maybe) and you can drive a truck? Or because you have this exceptional ability to lift/carry objects?

This isn't the same group of Teamsters that my grandfather was a part of.

Rubber Puckies

I guess what I'm getting at is if a supervisor is working it's because a job is unfilled or an individual doing a particular job, isn't meeting a reasonable expectation for what they should. The supervisors are looking out for the company to make profits. Then to only file a grievance because the company made a bunch of money and that reason that satisfies your greedy conscience then let it be so. But honestly, have you really looked at your fellow co-workers? Do you really deserve to be paid the same as the person that started at the same time as you? There is an atmosphere of entitlement here at UPS that is nauseating.

WorkingAsDirected

How about the company should hire more people to do the union work instead of management doing it. Without any kind of penalty for doing union work, there is no need to hire union employees.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I guess what I'm getting at is if a supervisor is working it's because a job is unfilled or an individual doing a particular job, isn't meeting a reasonable expectation for what they should. The supervisors are looking out for the company to make profits. Then to only file a grievance because the company made a bunch of money and that reason that satisfies your greedy conscience then let it be so. But honestly, have you really looked at your fellow co-workers? Do you really deserve to be paid the same as the person that started at the same time as you? There is an atmosphere of entitlement here at UPS that is nauseating.

Do you understand what a contract is and how it works
Both sides signed the same agreement. part of that agreement is that supervisors should supervise
If not there is a price to pay which in this case is a supervisor working grievance

What’s so hard to understand about this?

Nah
I guess what I'm getting at is if a supervisor is working it's because a job is unfilled
Maybe they should fill it then, and until then, utilize double shifters or other union employees seeking extra work.
or an individual doing a particular job, isn't meeting a reasonable expectation for what they should.
I've yet to hear of a "reasonable expectation" at UPS.
The supervisors are looking out for the company to make profits.
I've never known a supervisor to care about the company as a whole. They're usually just looking after themselves.

And none of these 3 things excuse supervisors performing union work.

Rubber Puckies

Maybe they should fill it then, and until then, utilize double shifters or other union employees seeking extra work.

I've yet to hear of a "reasonable expectation" at UPS.

I've never known a supervisor to care about the company as a whole. They're usually just looking after themselves.

And none of these 3 things excuse supervisors performing union work.
And when there is nobody there to fill it with then what? Can a supervisor work then? Bottom line is, the culture that is present in the company is absolute garbage, whether it be hourly or management. And the work ethic is even worse, which goes back to entitlement, which is the real problem.

takesteady

And when there is nobody there to fill it with then what? Can a supervisor work then? Bottom line is, the culture that is present in the company is absolute garbage, whether it be hourly or management. And the work ethic is even worse, which goes back to entitlement, which is the real problem.
I like how it’s ‘entitled’ to expect UPS to honor their end of the contract that they agreed to.

Nah
And when there is nobody there to fill it with then what? Can a supervisor work then?

If all options are exhausted. Going through the double shift list, calling people who are known for wanting/accepting extra work, etc..

I've been told I couldn't file because they had too many call-ins once. I responded that there is a disciplinary procedure for attendance, and I expect that procedure to be followed if you don't want me filing on sups who cover for absent employees.

I don't disagree about the culture, but the fact that handling packages is not the job of supervisors was agreed to by both the company and the union.

Rubber Puckies

Spoken like a true part time supe that got caught handling packages

How far off am I
Pretty far off. I'm not a PT sup. Our center does a pretty good job at supervisors not working. Our biggest challenge is keeping the building staffed properly. Which is a direct result from how negative the attitude is around the place that stems from scummy hourlies with a chip on their shoulder and take it out on new employees. Surprisingly enough, people tend not to come back after a few days.

quad decade guy

Pretty far off. I'm not a PT sup. Our center does a pretty good job at supervisors not working. Our biggest challenge is keeping the building staffed properly. Which is a direct result from how negative the attitude is around the place that stems from scummy hourlies with a chip on their shoulder and take it out on new employees. Surprisingly enough, people tend not to come back after a few days.
Again, around here there are simply more blue shirts working than hourlies. Just SOP.

cachmeifucan

Well in cach a big hub we are always short staffed. I never filed much but got sick of people getting big ass checks. The supervisor I filed on is a nice guy who works to keep his area running. He was really nice to me today saying thanks so I asked him if he got my grievances and he said yep. I told him il give him something. And then I wrote him up for a hour today.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I don’t really care about sups working. The quick fix to this is properly staffing the hub, but we all know management only cares about its numbers. So it’ll never happen.