HUB Supervisors Working

PT Crazy

In our HUB all part time supervisors are working. As in doing union work. They are being told by the Sort Manager and their full time manager to work. Has anyone ever filed a shift wide grievance to get it to stop? We can kind of over look it during peak. Being short handed or whatever the excuse. We need it to stop. They are taking our work away. We seem to have a weak Union Local Leadership at the Union Hall. Any suggestions would be helpful. And yes management will find a way to put a target on our back for filing. LOL Thank for your help.

quad decade guy

In our HUB all part time supervisors are working. As in doing union work. They are being told by the Sort Manager and their full time manager to work. Has anyone ever filed a shift wide grievance to get it to stop? We can kind of over look it during peak. Being short handed or whatever the excuse. We need it to stop. They are taking our work away. We seem to have a weak Union Local Leadership at the Union Hall. Any suggestions would be helpful. And yes management will find a way to put a target on our back for filing. LOL Thank for your help.

Newsflash: this has happened in ANY hub I've ever worked in. Most of the "part-timers" I see have blue shirts on. It's rare to see any thing else. Hourlies get sent home and blue shirts work away. I have seen this going on from LA to NY.

My suggestion? Go part-time mgt for job security.

PT Crazy

Newsflash: this has happened in ANY hub I've ever worked in. Most of the "part-timers" I see have blue shirts on. It's rare to see any thing else. Hourlies get sent home and blue shirts work away. I have seen this going on from LA to NY.

We plan on hitting them with grievances. I have more job security and rate of pay than part time management. Top rate!
We can make even more $$ with the grievances. Just wondering if there is a way to do a shift wide grievance.

Package Stick

"Send it."

Part-time management for job security? You have got to be trolling or on drugs.

Hourlies don't "get sent home", they chose to leave. Ask my FT sup what happens if they tell me to go home, and I see sups working.

They made that mistake once.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Would expect nothing less from an idiot like you

SMDH

Mdet

Hey the best thing to do is wait until after the new year and once the first week of January hits I would file every day. I am a union steward in my building and I wait about 20 mins or so if they are working more then that hit them. I would keep a note on days u do it and fill out the grievance report and do it that way.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
THERE IS A TIME LIMIT DON'T BLOW IT
IMG_20201219_184140189.jpg

quad decade guy

Would expect nothing less from an idiot like you

SMDH
Right. Back at ya.

So, we had a feeder driver who was a serial grievance filer. One dark and stormy night, he had an accident. It just happens that he was a Union Hall agitator. He was fired and it stuck. Pretty rare around here.

Btw, his grievances were for sups working(which is happening all the time here). When I need my trailer wrapped up, it's always a part time sup......the union folks have been sent home. Don't believe it? Normal here. NORMAL.

Go to any hub around here. Just observe for a few seconds....it's all right there.

Why I'm attacked personally for these observations? Not sure. I just have to assume nasty, hateful posters...

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
We plan on hitting them with grievances. I have more job security and rate of pay than part time management. Top rate!
We can make even more $$ with the grievances. Just wondering if there is a way to do a shift wide grievance.
Correct. If layoffs happen, union positions are secured while management positions are not. Sups like touching packages to make the day go by faster. Imagine holding a clipboard all day, getting yelled at on the regular for :censored2: you have no control over.

Tell me again that you're so thrilled to be a sup

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Correct. If layoffs happen, union positions are secured while management positions are not. Sups like touching packages to make the day go by faster. Imagine holding a clipboard all day, getting yelled at on the regular for * you have no control over.

Tell me again that you're so thrilled to be a sup
Had one do it. Was thrilled for the pay raise and never having to lift anything again. Wanted to play on his phone. That ended a week later. Now he's miserable.

Dr.Brownz

File a grievance immediately. if your steward says it is not worth it go directly to your BA and say you want penalty pay for all the supervisors working or you are calling the National Labor Relations Board. If your BA doesn;t have you paid within 2 months, call the NLRB and tell them that your BA is letting UPS get away with this (letting management do union work) let the chips fall where they may, never stop fighting. Never give up. They will try to intimidate you countless times but do not fall for it. Be prepared they will come after you. Do everything by the book. Don't let them get to you. You will win in the end if you file all the proper papers.