Huge Mistake

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So in your opinion your best way to knock off an incumbent is splitting vote between 2 opposition slates......sounds a little like your being selfish and not helping your cause as you said earlier to get Sam out
Sam is the only incumbent breaking ranks running on an opposing slate, pandering for the dissension vote.
By running a similar slate, with a similar mission statement, it splits their voter base.

Understand now?
It's Union Politics 101 and why I lost my last election by 12 votes, as well as why didn't originally intend to run in this election.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Sam is the only incumbent breaking ranks running on an opposing slate, pandering for the dissension vote.
By running a similar slate, with a similar mission statement, it splits their voter base.

Understand now?
It's Union Politics 101 and why I lost my last election by 12 votes, as well as why didn't originally intend to run in this election.
This may be your problem......your over thinking......if you just fight for the members rights they would be asking you......but if you act at work the same way you act on here....you will never get your members faith in you....reporting people to management who you don't agree with and talking condescending to people usually not good characteristics of a leader

5habits100

This may be your problem......your over thinking......if you just fight for the members rights they would be asking you......but if you act at work the same way you act on here....you will never get your members faith in you....reporting people to management who you don't agree with and talking condescending to people usually not good characteristics of a leader
Well put

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I do all of that...and then some.

I've been "asked", and I continue to be "asked", 3 times by the incumbents for last year's BA appointment.

If they really thought I ever "ratted" anybody out, then why would half of them have run with me in the last election, while continuing to try and reel me in now???

But then again, these incumbents have an admitted SCAB on their slate instead.
Tells you why I said no.....no????

But in the end, this one thing is the truth:

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I've been "asked", and I continue to be "asked", 3 times by the incumbents for last year's BA appointment.

If they really thought I ever "ratted" anybody out, then why would half of them have run with me in the last election, While continuing to try and reel me in now???

But in the end, one thing is true:

Do you report people on this sight? As far as being an official it sounds complicated for you......you were offered a ba job and you turn it down then you want to run for office.......you have a lot of I's and me's in your reasons......you say I don't want to run with this slate........you said it's not a good fit for me........if you have intentions of being an official your concern should be the members and what they want.......just my opinion

Coldworld

60 months and counting

If they really thought I ever "ratted" anybody out, then why would half of them have run with me in the last election, while continuing to try and reel me in now???

But in the end, this one thing is the truth:

Young kid Rock!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you report people on this sight? As far as being an official it sounds complicated for you......you were offered a ba job and you turn it down then you want to run for office.......you have a lot of I's and me's in your reasons......you say I don't want to run with this slate........you said it's not a good fit for me........if you have intentions of being an official your concern should be the members and what they want.......just my opinion
Yea, OK???

Let me get my hammer and nails, so I can nail myself to the cross.

Again, "you don't know me", or what I'm dealing with in my Local.
So subscribe to the "tabloid election rhetoric" if you want, I don't care.
Because after all, you don't get a vote.

Anybody "who really knows me", knows better.

Anybody with any objectivity following this thread, knows you're chasing me with a bias fueled by differing IBT election political opinions...

...so keep fishing.

10 point

If reporting someone else's post on this site was a cardinal offense there'd be a lot less posters on here since 2013.

Taking sides for political reasons and then lobbying personal attacks using inside information is worse than just reporting a post that is vulgar or demeaning.

People on here always talk "Brotherhood" and then attack each other for some fools gold award of some kind so those that know (or think they do) who you are can beat their chest. Childish. Not professional. I've been sucked up into it myself.
I have yet to see any real offerings on here about solutions to pertinent issues that face the union, divided as it is right now.

I'll support whoever is running the union for my co-workers sake. I'm not going to trash people on here (except USNY) for not seeing my point of view but will try to appreciate people for the job they do.

Can we all cut out the condescending and childish jabs that disparage? I need wisdom from other posters from time to time so I believe we all need to stick together even if we don't agree with who is at the top. We're at the bottom so we'd better quit biting and devouring each other.
Hoffa (or whoever) can't destroy the public's opinion about the union like we can. We are the next generation's hope. Let's not sink the ship.