I’ve worked 59.57 hours this week, and now I’m forced to work Saturday. Now what?

RMR46

I don't know but our local and our center that we're in they cannot force you to work a Six-Day it's in the contract they have to go by the bottom of the seniority list and if you have a 7 with 70 to 120 people and that is just an example they have to go from the bottom then call union if you don't believe me. If you know the number to the hall?

542thruNthru

I don't know but our local and our center that we're in they cannot force you to work a Six-Day it's in the contract they have to go by the bottom of the seniority list and if you have a 7 with 70 to 120 people and that is just an example they have to go from the bottom then call union if you don't believe me. If you know the number to the hall?
Wait... What are you saying?

You say you can't be forced in but then go on to say they have to go from the bottom up on seniority list.

I am completely confused. What supplemental agreement are you?

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
How many drivers in the company are a Tues-Sat 22.4 driver with 59.57 hours being forced to go in on Monday?

I'm guessing 1 in the entire company.
Your guess is wrong.

Back on topic- did we ever get an answer to this? In my (admittedly limited) experience the co. takes hours of service relatively seriously. If the OP is still around I’d like to know what happened.

kdragan77

No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b)
will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours
unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available
Please can I get explanation for this
If I have 54 h (Monday to Friday) they can't force me if 8 h is not available... Correct?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Keep in mind any time that you spent on the clock while coded as on break in your DIAD does not count towards the 60 hour rule. You must subtract out all your (paid off duty) break time from your total hours worked in order to calculate your available DOT hours for the 60 hour rule. The same would apply if you were under the 70 hour rule.
not true in Cali. ALL on duty time is on the 60-70 rule. paid breaks, sitting around waiting on your load, unloading time. any paid time.

If I were you kid, I would ask a senior driver if you are on a 60-70 rule.
It's your responsibility to obey FEDeral DOT laws which supercedes anything UPS tells you even to the point of disobeying a direct order.

How do I know?
Had many arguments with dispatchers, on road supes, feeder managers and even the center manager on this when I ran out of hours on snow nights. They had to pick me up.

Some drivers drove anyway and put their careers and even prison time on their hands if they got in an accident and hurt/killed someone. The company would can you at the very least for going over hours.

542thruNthru

No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b)
will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours
unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available
Please can I get explanation for this
If I have 54 h (Monday to Friday) they can't force me if 8 h is not available... Correct?
And exceed sixth (60) hours

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
not true in Cali. ALL on duty time is on the 60-70 rule. paid breaks, sitting around waiting on your load, unloading time. any paid time.

If I were you kid, I would ask a senior driver if you are on a 60-70 rule.
It's your responsibility to obey FEDeral DOT laws which supercedes anything UPS tells you even to the point of disobeying a direct order.

How do I know?
Had many arguments with dispatchers, on road supes, feeder managers and even the center manager on this when I ran out of hours on snow nights. They had to pick me up.

Some drivers drove anyway and put their careers and even prison time on their hands if they got in an accident and hurt/killed someone. The company would can you at the very least for going over hours.
Since you quoted me I’m responding, although I’m not sure your response was completely directed at me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Here break time is recorded by the company as paid off duty in our ELD logs. I’m not in Cali and I don’t control what the company considers off duty and on duty time. When I log a break I am free to do with that time as I want. The break being considered off duty time is programmed through the IVIS. From what you’ve posted you’ve been retired for some time. How this time is recorded has nothing to do with my preferences nor do I care as long as long as no laws are being broken by me.

How do I know?
If I pull up a log in the IVIS the log shows break time as off duty. I’m just stating how it appears in my RODS (DOT Log>Daily Grid) which is produced electronically on the IVIS a company issued device used by me to comply with DOT rules and regulations. The company may have this programmed differently in different parts of the country but I doubt it for feeder drivers.

I agree that any and all on duty time would count towards the 60 or 70 hour rule.

I’m glad you’re not me.

Thanks,
The kid (I appreciate the compliment)

Last edited:

Mobile29

If you've had 34 hours off between when you punched out Saturday and when you are to start work on Monday , you have reset your hours of service, does not matter what part of the week it is.

TeltBender

People underestimate just how identifying all this information is. Be just a little more vague.

How many drivers in the company are a Tues-Sat 22.4 driver with 59.57 hours being forced to go in on Monday?

I'm guessing 1 in the entire company. Anybody in the management team or with access to the information could easily pinpoint.
I’m not sure why people have ever cared. You aren’t going to get fired for having a BC account XD

wilberforce15

I have told my FT supe to go throw himself off a bridge countless times I’m sure nobody is getting fired for something they said on BC
Same here. That's a whole lot less offensive to HR than other things.

We had flyers passed out specifically stating that discriminatory or hateful social media posts could be cause for discipline for hourlies, if it were taken to be directed at another UPSer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’m not sure why people have ever cared. You aren’t going to get fired for having a BC account XD
Actually, this is not entirely true----there was a member named STUG who used to post pictures on company time that did not paint the company in the best light. The final straw was when he posted a picture of his on car doing something unsafe while on a safety ride with him so, yes, stuff posted here, or on any other social media site, can get you fired.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here. That's a whole lot less offensive to HR than other things.

We had flyers passed out specifically stating that discriminatory or hateful social media posts could be cause for discipline for hourlies, if it were taken to be directed at another UPSer.
UPS has teams of people who spend all day scouring social media for posts that discredit the brand.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
go in, clock in. demand your 8 hours. tell them you'll be in the breakroom if they need anything from you.