I am rethinking UPS as a career

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

haha since the contract sucks for people who were there only 6 months, my balls aren't in a vice. im quitting today friend that place what a bunch of clownasses

The sad part is the joke is on you. You will be replaced before the day is over and will be forgotten before the week is over.

Please make sure to stand the fries up and put extra napkins in my Mickey D's order. Dave.

grandma

lol you're jealous and mad. how do you figure the joke is on me? there is an 80% chance that whoever it is who replaces me won't last past training. i will be forgotten but I do not care to be remembered. you are full of assumptions regarding my job prospects. also stop eating fast food you fat friend, try a salad or go to subway. why are you so mad?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

lol you're jealous and mad. how do you figure the joke is on me? there is an 80% chance that whoever it is who replaces me won't last past training. i will be forgotten but I do not care to be remembered. you are full of assumptions regarding my job prospects. also stop eating fast food you fat friend, try a salad or go to subway. why are you so mad?

Oh, I would like some extra BBQ sauce too, please. Thank you.

The joke is on you if you think anyone gives a **** as to why you are quitting or even that you are quitting.

grandma

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

The Milkman

Like said before , who cares if they listen , I am going to give it to him EVERY time I see him , or anyone esle . I tell the truth , so every thing I tell him is the truth . Meeting drivers 3-4 times a day , leaving hub at 9:45 some days , to many air stops ( run straight air and still have late ???? ) Misloads , bad loads , all TRUE !! SO I feel better when I talk to any suit , If I see I SUIT in my hub , I go talk to them !!!!!!!!!! All my fellow drivers laugh and say I am CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say " I AM CRAZY , I WORK AT UPS " :)

You sound Just like I did when I was still working..I blasted them every chance I could. Did they care? No..Did it change anything? No.. Did it make me feel better ? Yes..So venting worked for me and whether or not they liked it or not it was the TRUTH..And I retired over 4 yrs ago leaving all their Lies and unethical treatment of Drivers and Customers behind me:fightings:

grandma

You sound Just like I did when I was still working..I blasted them every chance I could. Did they care? No..Did it change anything? No.. Did it make me feel better ? Yes..So venting worked for me and whether or not they liked it or not it was the TRUTH..And I retired over 4 yrs ago leaving all their Lies and unethical treatment of Drivers and Customers behind me:fightings:

Thank you for your thoughtful post. To be honest this is something I have been kicking around for a long time. I am the primary caretaker for my baby girl (with another on the way) and I feel just rotten that sometimes I am so dead tired that I must sleep for hours while she sits there bored. Not to mention how dangerous that is, when I wake up she is always into something she should not be. I look forward to interacting with her more, she needs that during her developmental years. In addition, almost half my weekly hundred bucks goes into my tank so I can get to the job, that just seems wrong. No paid holidays, no benefits, no vacation, no sick time, not even $10 an hour, who needs it. My back hurts a little and my wrists/shoulders hurt a lot. I have been promised a promotion since Thanksgiving but as of yet no word on that. No one knows how to promote people since the new system went into place. They can't even get direct deposit right. I hoped to make UPS a career, but it seems that the management is somewhat incompetent. I hope Warren Buffet is reading this, let this serve as a warning get your money out of this company run by incompetents, I have seen things from the inside!! lol.

grandma

A brisk walk/job for a few minutes each day can do wonders at reveling stress. Find a quiet place to sit and just think about things quietly each day, or read a book. Eat better food, why don't you make yourself tuna sandwiches (light on the mayo) or other nutritious meals. Do these things with your family.
Stress is a killer, and you clearly have high levels of stress if a two-sentence post not even addressed to you can make you fly off the handle like that.
If we are both Teamsters then we are both in an international brotherhood, and I am my brother's keeper. So why don't you try to take more deep breaths and relax more.

Brown_Noser

Large Member
OK, you people joke. But I looked into working at McDonald's as opposed to working at UPS part time.

Micky D worker

• Competitive wages
  • Free uniforms*
  • Free or discounted meals
  • Flexible hours
  • Medical insurance*
  • Prescription drug coverage*
  • 24-hour nurse line access
  • Vision discount*
  • Available dental*

Part Timer UPS

• wages: Chump change
  • wear your on clothes
  • Have to buy your own meals. But why bother, you only have a 10min break.
  • No flexible hours
  • Medical insurance after 1yr and 1.5yrs wait until family is covered.

UPSGUY72

OK, you people joke. But I looked into working at McDonald's as opposed to working at UPS part time.

I fixed it.

Micky D worker

• Competitive wages ( compared too.. Go work there and see how good they are)
  • Free uniforms* ( Who would buy them)
  • Free or discounted meals ( you forgot the healthy part )
  • Flexible hours ( Go apply and see how flexible they are)
  • Medical insurance* ( that you have to pay out of your competitive wages I don't pay anything at UPS)
  • Prescription drug coverage* ( you get a discount on certain prescriptions I don't pay anything at UPS )
  • 24-hour nurse line access ( It call the ER or your DR )
  • Vision discount* ( Free a UPS )
  • Available dental* ( If your pay for it it free at UPS )
Part Timer UPS

• wages: Chump change ( your get $3.37 the first 4 years and then one every 6 months there after )
  • wear your on clothes ( 90 % of the jobs out there you where your own clothes )
  • Have to buy your own meals. But why bother, you only have a 10min break. ( your working 3 1/2 or less due you really need lunch )
  • No flexible hours ( If you want flexible hours start your own business)
  • Medical insurance after 1yr and 1.5yrs wait until family is covered. ( It's free and some of the best you can get )

The Milkman

Thank you for your thoughtful post. To be honest this is something I have been kicking around for a long time. I am the primary caretaker for my baby girl (with another on the way) and I feel just rotten that sometimes I am so dead tired that I must sleep for hours while she sits there bored. Not to mention how dangerous that is, when I wake up she is always into something she should not be. I look forward to interacting with her more, she needs that during her developmental years. In addition, almost half my weekly hundred bucks goes into my tank so I can get to the job, that just seems wrong. No paid holidays, no benefits, no vacation, no sick time, not even $10 an hour, who needs it. My back hurts a little and my wrists/shoulders hurt a lot. I have been promised a promotion since Thanksgiving but as of yet no word on that. No one knows how to promote people since the new system went into place. They can't even get direct deposit right. I hoped to make UPS a career, but it seems that the management is somewhat incompetent. I hope Warren Buffet is reading this, let this serve as a warning get your money out of this company run by incompetents, I have seen things from the inside!! lol.

Yes..Seeing it from the inside paints a different picture than all those logistics happy delivery commercials.. It is a tough Job no doubt and you will have to make many sacrifices along the way and it can go from bad to worse at any moment. Your body will ache, your brain will become fuzzy with ever changing instructions and the new P/T or friend/T sup or center manager that comes into your center will again start a new cycle of insanity. If you can endure like I did and countless others you should be able to retire somewhat comfortably depending on how the pension is funded and getting involved in the 401k at a young age will help big time. Iv'e seen many divorces over the years and heard of all the missed family outings and school events missed by having a LIGHT Day which was requested well in advance, but in the long run I now look back and say to myself....It was worth all the BS I took as I retired at 55 and I am enjoying life now and wondering about the current state of affairs that current UPSER'S face.......I feel for all of you, and as you said I saw it from the INSIDE:clubbing:

UPS Lifer

I wonder where he/she got the information since this is not tracked in UPS Employee systems.
The only system I can think of is the retirement system since that info has to be supplied.

It's called a SWAG! Hoke! Like you 35 plus years before retiring and coming up on 40 years of marriage to the same woman. It isn't UPS that is the problem. The problem is already there and it becomes easy to blame the company for the problem.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

So dead tired after working a 3 hour shift you cant watch your kids?