I am sick of working over 9 1/2 !

tieguy

Banned
Your sick of working over 9-1/2?? Are you serious? Unemployment has hit over 8% nationwide, in the state I reside in, almost 9%. Do you know how lucky we all are that we have a job? Sometimes we all need a little dose of reality. I'd be happy to work over 9-1/2, and be looking for more.

I was thinking the same thing as I started to read this post. Here we are fighting over working too many hours while people are losing their jobs and homes every where we look.

ladybrown

I was thinking the same thing as I started to read this post. Here we are fighting over working too many hours while people are losing their jobs and homes every where we look.

People at UPS are losing their jobs and homes too.....because those who are still working are working too many hours!!!!!:angry:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can imagine Hoax stealing the crappy printer, like in Office Space.

Great movie - it is referred to often at the office.

Corporations are amusing places or frustrating depending on how each individual reacts to a given situation ... regardless whether it is an office setting or in the hub or in a package car.

As you can guess, I tend to see the humor in it all.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Your sick of working over 9-1/2?? Are you serious? Unemployment has hit over 8% nationwide, in the state I reside in, almost 9%. Do you know how lucky we all are that we have a job? Sometimes we all need a little dose of reality. I'd be happy to work over 9-1/2, and be looking for more.[/quote

Idon't even believe it's safe. I was stubling around like a drunk last week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your sick of working over 9-1/2?? Are you serious? Unemployment has hit over 8% nationwide, in the state I reside in, almost 9%. Do you know how lucky we all are that we have a job? Sometimes we all need a little dose of reality. I'd be happy to work over 9-1/2, and be looking for more.

The point being made here is that we have drivers going out with 9 1/2 hours (or more) while we have drivers either working the preload or sitting at home. Lower the dispatch and put some of these drivers back on the street so that we can take care of the customers and get the sales leads so that we can get Hudson and Salesguy off our butts. It's not whether we should feel lucky that we have a job. As far as the dose of reality, I see it everyday on my area. WalMart used to get 70-90 pkgs daily--some days I am lucky if they get 30. NDA volume is down. It doesn't surprise me anymore when I walk in to a business and ask where so and so is and they tell me that they have been laid off.

We all appreciate our jobs and the benefits and wages that we receive. We don't need to be reminded how "lucky" we are to have a job. Lower the dispatch and put more drivers back on the street.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Thurs I was out blind on a rte in an old P800. High step, no power steering POS. One driver took a whole shelf off of me. Another was supposed to come and help but he didn't (but that is another story). I didn't clock out until 10:15pm. That truck beat the crap out of me, as did the rte. I was so tired this morning that I didn't even get on BC.:sick:
I understand how that goes. When I was a cover driver I always seemed to get stuck in one of our two POS 800s. I don't miss it at all. I feel sorry when they send those out during peak on rural routes....or the death trap 500s we still have lurking around. Although my route has way more volume then I did on "junk routes" I'll take my P12 over it ANYDAY

Dragon

Package Center Manager
If you have the same amount of stops as last year or in the past, do you have the same amount of pieces or do you have less? That is why you are getting more stops, not saying its right, but that maybe why you are getting more stops.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I agree with UPSTATE, we can keep the unemployment numbers lower, the customer satisfaction higher. I know that they say they save because of the benefit package, But i believe a person making good money puts a good amount back into the economy and we would all benefit.