I dislike you and your dumb dog

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I know you can't do anything about the crazy dogs inside people's house, but dog treats work wonders
Make friends not enemies
If I run out of treats, I have this as my backup:
_20191103_120426.JPG

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You need some friction tape on those steps so you don't bust your ass when it rains

LMAO!!!

Who do you think I work for FedX? Such trivial things like friction tape are non-essential repairs and therefore, not authorized. Much like that one time I asked for new leaf springs because my truck was listing more than the Titanic, they were deemed non-essential so they did not get repaired or replaced.

Funny that you mention busting my ass. A few winters ago, my truck steps were slick and I went to adjust the mirror to pull off the doghouse. I slid right out the door, smacked my head and elbow along the way, and ended up literally under the truck next to me. Thankfully, the other truck was not going to pull that day so I had a moment to free myself and crawl back out.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
LMAO!!!

Who do you think I work for FedX? Such trivial things like friction tape are non-essential repairs and therefore, not authorized. Much like that one time I asked for new leaf springs because my truck was listing more than the Titanic, they were deemed non-essential so they did not get repaired or replaced.

Funny that you mention busting my ass. A few winters ago, my truck steps were slick and I went to adjust the mirror to pull off the doghouse. I slid right out the door, smacked my head and elbow along the way, and ended up literally under the truck next to me. Thankfully, the other truck was not going to pull that day so I had a moment to free myself and crawl back out.
I had a time when it was pouring rain and I decided to go down the steps of a package car with no friction tape with a couple of packages in my hand without using 3 points of contact
Feet came out from under me and I busted my tailbone and wound up face down in a puddle
Had a bruise on my tailbone for 3 weeks
Talk about learning a lesson the hard way
It is crazy what they deem Non-essential
While the contract was trying to be resolved they would not put any fans in our new package cars
Said the blower was a fan LOL
It only gets to 100 plus here during the summer

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
LMAO!!!

Not sure if this applies to other areas but in my district they won't allow us to put the friction tape in.. they say it can tear up knees.

The leaf spring thing. We are not going to do a 8 hour job and spend over a thousand bucks on springs the truck did not need because the driver asked for them.

Dumbperson

It makes my day when I get to a stop and the dog or dogs come up in the package car
It can really turn a bad day into a good one
I'm a utility guy but I have routes where I know the dogs name and I check dispatch every day to make sure I deliver there haha. Our center had something where they told us to stop giving treats out. Never happen. Treats have saved me from bites, and honestly some of those rural stops I've trained dogs with them to not come to the truck until it's stopped. Then they run in and I have a chew, treat and sometimes a squeaker for the real good boys. I covered one for a month and the last day I had gifts for all of the good dogs. Makes my day

scooby0048

Not sure if this applies to other areas but in my district they won't allow us to put the friction tape in.. they say it can tear up knees.

The leaf spring thing. We are not going to do a 8 hour job and spend over a thousand bucks on springs the truck did not need because the driver asked for them.

The friction tape thing, well, it will just wear out over time so WGAF anyways.

I don't know you personally and have never had any issues with you on here so don't take it wrong but the leaf spring thing just makes me laugh and want punch you in the head all at the same time.

If that's your attitude towards fixing a real problem then you deserve a punch in the head. If you are just going by what your D*head boss tells you so that he makes his bonus, then I don't hold it against you just doing your job. If you think that all of us drivers are just knuckledragging ape hangers who drive trucks with no knowledge of auto / truck mechanics you would also be wrong.

This driver knows a thing or two about wrenching on cars and I also know a thing or two about level 1-5 DOT inspections and that a broken leaf spring is an out of service event. Please enlighten me how a broken leaf spring at the u-bolt and at the shackle is not needed. I would love for you and your boss to explain that when the truck is involved in a fatal or serious injury collision because of faulty equipment.

Asking for new door seals or friction tape "because a driver asked for them" is one thing and I can see not fixing it because the driver asked for it. Fixing the gotdamned problem instead of doing the bare assed minimum to keep the truck running is another. You friend*n guys act like the money is coming out of your pocket. Would you let your wives and kids drive the POS we drive daily for hundreds of miles and countless hours?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
CFEBA6D3-F0C1-45F9-ADFF-4E22749593A3.gif
CFEBA6D3-F0C1-45F9-ADFF-4E22749593A3.gif

I don't know you personally and have never had any issues with you on here so don't take it wrong but the leaf spring thing just makes me laugh and want punch you in the head all at the same time.

If that's your attitude towards fixing a real problem then you deserve a punch in the head. If you are just going by what your D*head boss tells you so that he makes his bonus, then I don't hold it against you just doing your job. If you think that all of us drivers are just knuckledragging ape hangers who drive trucks with no knowledge of auto / truck mechanics you would also be wrong.

This driver knows a thing or two about wrenching on cars and I also know a thing or two about level 1-5 DOT inspections and that a broken leaf spring is an out of service event. Please enlighten me how a broken leaf spring at the u-bolt and at the shackle is not needed. I would love for you and your boss to explain that when the truck is involved in a fatal or serious injury collision because of faulty equipment.

Asking for new door seals or friction tape "because a driver asked for them" is one thing and I can see not fixing it because the driver asked for it. Fixing the gotdamned problem instead of doing the bare assed minimum to keep the truck running is another. You friend*n guys act like the money is coming out of your pocket. Would you let your wives and kids drive the POS we drive daily for hundreds of miles and countless hours?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

Didn’t see your response until just now.

I don’t send trucks down the road with broken springs or other safety items and none of the other mechanics at my hub would do that either so yeah, I am a bit skeptical that the guy would be stupid enough to risk his job like that, because if you got into a accident and he ignored that write up he would be gone, and he would deserve to be gone.

With that said...

If the mechanic left a truck on the road with the leaf spring cracked you should take a pic of it and refuse to drive it, broken at the shackle and at the u bolt? Was it missing a leaf? Anyway, If the mechanic is knowingly allowing trucks to go on the road with failed FED items that is something that needs to be addressed with management, don’t think they would not ask why did you take the truck if you saw the spring was broken crap should you get into an accident.

The reason I posted what I posted is a lot of times we get requests for stuff on writups will no explanation of what the truck is doing and then when you find out what it’s doing a lot of times it’s not related to the repair requested. Wasting time Replacing good parts and or trying to figure out why the driver thinks it needed that repair takes time away from the other 34 package cars in my assigned fleet.

I know a lot of you guys think we don’t want to fix the trucks but if you worked in automotive you would realize that We simply don’t have the time to keep the trucks in the condition we would like, we have to prioritize the best we can. The funny thing is management gives us the OT this time of year when we have the least access to the trucks, then in January when we should be getting everything in shape they cut our OT to zero and we don’t have the time.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
Didn’t see your response until just now.

I don’t send trucks down the road with broken springs or other safety items and none of the other mechanics at my hub would do that either so yeah, I am a bit skeptical that the guy would be stupid enough to risk his job like that, because if you got into a accident and he ignored that write up he would be gone, and he would deserve to be gone.

With that said...

If the mechanic left a truck on the road with the leaf spring cracked you should take a pic of it and refuse to drive it, broken at the shackle and at the u bolt? Was it missing a leaf? Anyway, If the mechanic is knowingly allowing trucks to go on the road with failed FED items that is something that needs to be addressed with management, don’t think they would not ask why did you take the truck if you saw the spring was broken crap should you get into an accident.

The reason I posted what I posted is a lot of times we get requests for stuff on writups will no explanation of what the truck is doing and then when you find out what it’s doing a lot of times it’s not related to the repair requested. Wasting time Replacing good parts and or trying to figure out why the driver thinks it needed that repair takes time away from the other 34 package cars in my assigned fleet.

I know a lot of you guys think we don’t want to fix the trucks but if you worked in automotive you would realize that We simply don’t have the time to keep the trucks in the condition we would like, we have to prioritize the best we can. The funny thing is management gives us the OT this time of year when we have the least access to the trucks, then in January when we should be getting everything in shape they cut our OT to zero and we don’t have the time.
I always sympathize with the mechanics who work alone. I know you guys don't get the resources or time you need to do your job and it sucks that drivers always take it out on you. I remember our mechanic had to red tag a sprinter van we had because a brake light was out and his boss wouldn't let him drive to the parts store and get one. He isn't allowed to have anything extra on hand in order to fix anything so when stuff breaks he has no choice to but to red tag trucks until he is approved and able to order the parts.

scooby0048

If the mechanic left a truck on the road with the leaf spring cracked you should take a pic of it and refuse to drive it, broken at the shackle and at the u bolt? Was it missing a leaf? Anyway, If the mechanic is knowingly allowing trucks to go on the road with failed FED items that is something that needs to be addressed with management

The truck was written up a few days before in regards to the leaf spring by someone else. When I got into the truck, the DVIR was signed scheduled for service. I looked at the spring and saw the problem. I asked mechanic why it wasn't fixed, his words, "Because I haven't got approval or another set of springs and I can't order them right now, they are non-essential." The next thing I did was let management know and told him I would not be going out in that truck. The manager red tagged the truck right there and called the automotive supe. I don't what transpired the mechanic is still there so I'm guessing not much.

we get requests for stuff on writups will no explanation of what the truck is doing and then when you find out what it’s doing a lot of times it’s not related to the repair requested. Wasting time Replacing good parts and or trying to figure out why the driver thinks it needed that repair takes time away from the other 34 package cars in my assigned fleet.

That I understand. I have no problems with that logic at all. Some people don't know the difference between oil and coolant so I'm sure their descriptions are comical at best and it wouldn't make sense to throw parts at a mystery problem. We have 1 mechanic and he knows I know what I'm talking about so that should have been a non-issue getting it fixed.

I know a lot of you guys think we don’t want to fix the trucks but if you worked in automotive you would realize that We simply don’t have the time to keep the trucks in the condition we would like, we have to prioritize the best we can.

I understand this as well, as we only have one mechanic for 30+ trucks. Maybe that's the problem with our mechanic, he is just overwhelmed. Nothing ever seems to get fixed here so the company had to hire an outside contractor to help with the repairs. Fixing the DPFE can so it wouldn't constantly try to regenerate was not a priority just like leaf springs were not a priority. IDK.

MrBates

If you have a dog that's beating his face against the window because you walked by... you should probably be taken out back and beat. And the dog should be trained..

And when I say trained I mean, get his ass whooped. I know now a days everyone is about talking and being sensitive..

Yes I had a bad week with dogs.. carry on.

I had an invisible fence ninja dog sneak up on me. The one time I forget to honk my horn at the stop and some mammoth German Shepard jumps out from behind a tree and totally catches me off guard. Lucky for me I just walked past the invisible fence line as he stopped within a few feet of me growling up a storm like he wants something brown for dinner. From that point on I always DR'd it to the corner of the garage.