I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

As long as you think you're going to create a world where everyone lives in a nice home and has plenty you're living in a fantasy world.
the wealth and technology is already there.

america in the midst of the recession had enough for $50,000 for every person.

your attitude is not what gave us capitalism from feudalism, its what maintains the status quo and keeps us in chains.

rickyb

“One of the ways in which you can engineer a crisis is to cut off the flow of credit,” he said. “This was done in Eastern, Southeast Asia in 1997 and 1998. Suddenly, liquidity dried up. Major institutions would not lend money. There had been a big flow of foreign capital into Indonesia. They turned off the tap. Foreign capital flowed out. They turned it off in part because once all the firms went bankrupt, they could be bought up and put back to work again. We saw the same thing during the housing crisis here [in the United States]. The foreclosures of the housing left lots of housing out there, which could be picked up very cheaply. Blackstone comes in, buys up all of the housing, and is now the biggest landlord in all of the United States. It has 200,000 properties or something like that. It’s waiting for the market to turn. When the market turns, which it did do briefly, then you can sell off or rent out and make a killing out of it. Blackstone has made a killing off of the foreclosure crisis where everyone lost. It was a massive transfer of wealth.”

Neoliberalism's Dark Path to Fascism

vantexan

“One of the ways in which you can engineer a crisis is to cut off the flow of credit,” he said. “This was done in Eastern, Southeast Asia in 1997 and 1998. Suddenly, liquidity dried up. Major institutions would not lend money. There had been a big flow of foreign capital into Indonesia. They turned off the tap. Foreign capital flowed out. They turned it off in part because once all the firms went bankrupt, they could be bought up and put back to work again. We saw the same thing during the housing crisis here [in the United States]. The foreclosures of the housing left lots of housing out there, which could be picked up very cheaply. Blackstone comes in, buys up all of the housing, and is now the biggest landlord in all of the United States. It has 200,000 properties or something like that. It’s waiting for the market to turn. When the market turns, which it did do briefly, then you can sell off or rent out and make a killing out of it. Blackstone has made a killing off of the foreclosure crisis where everyone lost. It was a massive transfer of wealth.”

Neoliberalism's Dark Path to Fascism
Oh, you mean the crisis engineered by George Soros? That's how he made his money, betting against currencies in the futures market. Caused several Southeast Asian currencies to crash.

rickyb

Oh, you mean the crisis engineered by George Soros? That's how he made his money, betting against currencies in the futures market. Caused several Southeast Asian currencies to crash.
no idea, but billionaires create all kinds of problems for people;
look what they did to UPS workers.

the housing crisis was mostly because of the rich.

rickyb

my semi hysterical immigrant coworker worked through his breaks because it was busy. i have no idea why, alot of guys with his job title take all their breaks...

vantexan

Soros, Lulz.
Soros made billions causing a number of currencies to crash in the financial futures market. I have wondered if the real reason he has backed liberal groups is he believes through their efforts he can ruin the U.S. Dollar and make billions more doing it.

BrownArmy

Soros made billions causing a number of currencies to crash in the financial futures market. I have wondered if the real reason he has backed liberal groups is he believes through their efforts he can ruin the U.S. Dollar and make billions more doing it.

Maybe.

Do you know how much of his own money Soros spent fighting fascists and communists in Europe?

Eventually he became a boogeyman for the ascendant right-wing in EUROPA.

And, as the Nationalist Right-Wing gained power in Europe, and around the globe (even here in the good ‘ol USA), the boogeyman Soros became a boogeyman not only in Europe, but here, in the States.

FFS man, the conspiracy theories about Soros fall apart at a glance.

It’s sad that you’ve identified with the conspiracy theories of right-wing nationalists from Europe.

You’re weak, and not the sharpest tool in the box.

Carry on.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Maybe.

Do you know how much of his own money Soros spent fighting fascists and communists in Europe?

Eventually he became a boogeyman for the ascedant right-wing in EUROPA.

And, as the Nationalist Right-Wing gained power in Europe, and around the globe (even here in the good ‘ol USA), the boogeyman Soros became a boogeyman not only in Europe, but here, in the States.

FFS man, the conspiracy theories about Soros fall apart at a glance.

It’s sad that you’ve identified with the conspiracy theories of right-wing nationalists from Europe.

You’re weak, and not the sharpest tool in the box.

Carry on.
His criminal record and money made off black Wednesday don’t really help.

BrownArmy

His criminal record and money made off black Wednesday don’t really help.

Soooo, we love the right-wing criminals, but pillory the left-wing criminals?

You don’t find me on here screaming about Sheldon Adelson.

Soros is a billionaire, seems to me the biggest problem with Soros for some of you is that he’s a liberal.

I thought y’all liked capitalists that played the ‘system’ and were, like, ‘really smart’.

Please.

El Correcto

god is dead
Soooo, we love the right-wing criminals, but pillory the left-wing criminals?

You don’t find me on here screaming about Sheldon Adelson.

Soros is a billionaire, seems to me the biggest problem with Soros for some of you is that he’s a liberal.

I thought y’all liked capitalists that played the ‘system’ and were, like, ‘really smart’.

Please.
Not really I’m just putting it out there he shouldn’t be defended. I’ve seen you actually ranting about Koch brothers and Citizens United v. FEC - Wikipedia. Not sure if it was at the same time, but just saying you aren’t above throwing ire at the puppeteers.

BrownArmy

Not really I’m just putting it out there he shouldn’t be defended. I’ve seen you actually ranting about Koch brothers and Citizens United v. FEC - Wikipedia. Not sure if it was at the same time, but just saying you aren’t above throwing ire at the puppeteers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Soros against anything, save for the re-re attempts by some to make him the Illuminati agent that wants to put reptile eggs in your brain.

The conspiracy theories against him (probably nothing to do with the fact he's Jewish) are so ridiculous, it's absurd.

Yet, Texican thinks Soros is behind every bush, shrub, and tree.

It's laughable.

vantexan

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Soros against anything, save for the re-re attempts by some to make him the Illuminati agent that wants to put reptile eggs in your brain.

The conspiracy theories against him (probably nothing to do with the fact he's Jewish) are so ridiculous, it's absurd.

Yet, Texican thinks Soros is behind every bush, shrub, and tree.

It's laughable.
He actually did make billions causing currencies of several Southeast Asian countries to crash. I wonder if he's ever set foot in Thailand since then? And I do wonder if he's really a liberal. Big supporter of Obama, and Obama had intended to implement cap-and-trade. If anything would ever bring our economy to it knees, especially with trying to recover from the Great Recession, it would be cap-and-trade. But Republicans won the House in 2010 and that was that. Why are you so sensitive about Soros?

rickyb

He actually did make billions causing currencies of several Southeast Asian countries to crash. I wonder if he's ever set foot in Thailand since then? And I do wonder if he's really a liberal. Big supporter of Obama, and Obama had intended to implement cap-and-trade. If anything would ever bring our economy to it knees, especially with trying to recover from the Great Recession, it would be cap-and-trade. But Republicans won the House in 2010 and that was that. Why are you so sensitive about Soros?
i thought i recall hearing the george soros stuff was conspiracy theories as well.

the koch bros get alot of attention. but i like to think most billionaires are rotten.

rickyb

Kai Newkirk‏Verified account @kai_newkirk 23h23 hours ago

Kai Newkirk Retweeted The Washington Post

The American people (under Obama) bailed out GM & brought back auto industry from the brink. Now GM takes a huge Trump tax cut and shuts down plants in MI, MD & OH while paying CEO $22M and spending $100M on stock buybacks? This is disgusting corporate greed & class war. #StopGM

Kai Newkirk added,

The Washington PostVerified account @washingtonpost
GM to lay off 15 percent of salaried workers, halt production at five plants in U.S. and Canada https://wapo.st/2Bzr96Z
207 replies 1,050 retweets 2,100 likes

Kai Newkirk‏Verified account @kai_newkirk 23h23 hours ago

Kai Newkirk Retweeted The Washington Post

The American people (under Obama) bailed out GM & brought back auto industry from the brink. Now GM takes a huge Trump tax cut and shuts down plants in MI, MD & OH while paying CEO $22M and spending $100M on stock buybacks? This is disgusting corporate greed & class war. #StopGM

Kai Newkirk added,

The Washington PostVerified account @washingtonpost
GM to lay off 15 percent of salaried workers, halt production at five plants in U.S. and Canada https://wapo.st/2Bzr96Z
207 replies 1,050 retweets 2,100 likes
The workers were probably pretending to work.