I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

40% of america no retirement savings:

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Apr 15

Employers continue profiting by lowering pensions for ever-fewer employees & changing their structures. Many millions now face either poverty in retirement (if they can retire) or else burdening their children. Another part of American dream turns into a nightmare for millions.

D4MYWViW4AEO0EG.jpg
Not an issue for any of my coworkers.

rickyb

Do you have the China wage grown chart in 1982-1984 dollars to compare? Or even a chart for any other nation that you tout?
chinas real wages are going up in multiples.

american real wages rose for 150 years if i recall and ended in 1973.

rickyb

i had a total eureka moment of how this system of control works.

so we always hear about how america prides itself on individualism. im thinking this is a huge propaganda system now:

the way to stop power abuse is solidarity with each other and putting yourself in other peoples shoes. for example, if a coworker is abused by a supervisor, you can support that coworker by reporting it, and not talking to the supervisor and doing worker slow downs.

so basically the american propaganda of individualism is a way of stopping all this so people with power can do whatever they bloody well please. individualism is also a sham philosophy because the truth is we are products of our environment to a large extent. when you act like you are in control of your life, you are setting yourself up for failure.

chinas real wages are going up in multiples.

american real wages rose for 150 years if i recall and ended in 1973.
China can hardly compare China wages with US wages. 24 yuan which is on the high side. Is about $3.59 usd.

So no, again, you have nothing to compare?

rickyb

China can hardly compare China wages with US wages. 24 yuan which is on the high side. Is about $3.59 usd.

So no, again, you have nothing to compare?
finding real wage growth is not something im familiar with i only know chinas are very quickly rising.

theres gotta be a few EU countries whos real wages are rising. canadas isnt.

finding real wage growth is not something im familiar with i only know chinas are very quickly rising.

theres gotta be a few EU countries whos real wages are rising. canadas isnt.
So China has been around for 4000 years and just now they have wage growth @ $3.59 or .55 in 1970 money.

Show me some growing wages in the EU. Or anywhere, other than a super low wage nation.

rickyb

So China has been around for 4000 years and just now they have wage growth @ $3.59 or .55 in 1970 money.

Show me some growing wages in the EU. Or anywhere, other than a super low wage nation.
wth are you talking about.

china is going up in multiples for wage growth. they are rapidly catching up to american levels of wages.