I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

We are not retreating because of any bubble. A bubble means fundamentals are not supporting the price. A declining price does not constitute a bubble. Please explain the bubble you are referring to.
i was thinking what you said about housing being a lifestyle not an investment, well if you buy high its gonna have a squeeze on your lifestyle.

i was thinking what you said about housing being a lifestyle not an investment, well if you buy high its gonna have a squeeze on your lifestyle.
What is high today will be ridiculously low in 10+ years. I bought high 4 years ago. It would be a ridiculously low price today. I should have bought 2, but I have to live within my means.

rickyb

What is high today will be ridiculously low in 10+ years. I bought high 4 years ago. It would be a ridiculously low price today. I should have bought 2, but I have to live within my means.
some places in america havent recovered from the 2008 bubble

rickyb

Again, where? You need to know where in order to dig deeper and find out why. How much do you or would you pay for rent?
i pay $600 and the most i would pay is 1100 or so. i dont know man u gotta look it up. i was gonna buy property this year, im glad i didnt.

rickyb

turns out America doesn't like free markets in times like these:

Coronavirus: After shipment seized from Canada, FBI redistributing nearly 1M masks and gloves

upload_2020-4-3_12-23-43.png

upload_2020-4-3_12-24-10.png

rickyb

if we followed a market response right now then things would be very ugly. capitalism depression. its already not working even with govt response.

Last edited:

rickyb

in rome the oligarchs who ran the economy impoverished it to the point that they ended up with the dark ages. same will be true for many western countries. america spent 10 trillion on bailouts, 8 trillion for big corporations. renegade inc figures for every $1200 in individual welfare, they spent $18000 in corporate welfare. alot of small business will go bankrupt. there will be more homeless. middle class biz will sell out to wall st. and they will impose austerity to justify for all the money they spent now on corporate welfare. so you will look like greece did recently with 25% unemployment.

in rome the oligarchs who ran the economy impoverished it to the point that they ended up with the dark ages. same will be true for many western countries. america spent 10 trillion on bailouts, 8 trillion for big corporations. renegade inc figures for every $1200 in individual welfare, they spent $18000 in corporate welfare. alot of small business will go bankrupt. there will be more homeless. middle class biz will sell out to wall st. and they will impose austerity to justify for all the money they spent now on corporate welfare. so you will look like greece did recently with 25% unemployment.

Your economy thrives on 20%-30% unemployment. Why would you complain when the us spirals down to your expectations?

rickyb

upload_2020-4-7_12-36-21.png