I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

planning ahead requires maturity. and we are not mature we are a bunch of corrupt monkeys:

upload_2020-3-28_22-27-25.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
"efficiency" is having just enough equipment outside of a pandemic.

so youre :censored2:ed during a pandemic of course ;)
You're confused.
Efficiency is always having just enough.
Actually, I think both of you are wrong.
Speaking of ventilators, 'efficiency' is maybe 10% over the average ... operationally, one manages the load to where it never exceeds the 10% over average.
That's what the 'flattening the curve' is all about.

11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-articleLarge.jpg

What does it mean to “flatten the curve”?
The ideal goal in fighting an epidemic or pandemic is to completely halt the spread. But merely slowing it — mitigation — is critical. This reduces the number of cases that are active at any given time, which in turn gives doctors, hospitals, police, schools and vaccine-manufacturers time to prepare and respond, without becoming overwhelmed. Most hospitals can function with 10 percent reduction in staff, but not with half their people out at once.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Actually, I think both of you are wrong.
Speaking of ventilators, 'efficiency' is maybe 10% over the average ... operationally, one manages the load to where it never exceeds the 10% over average.
That's what the 'flattening the curve' is all about.

11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-articleLarge.jpg

What does it mean to “flatten the curve”?
The ideal goal in fighting an epidemic or pandemic is to completely halt the spread. But merely slowing it — mitigation — is critical. This reduces the number of cases that are active at any given time, which in turn gives doctors, hospitals, police, schools and vaccine-manufacturers time to prepare and respond, without becoming overwhelmed. Most hospitals can function with 10 percent reduction in staff, but not with half their people out at once.
Ya that's what I said.

rickyb

the myth of capitalism is that its a system thats worked. and i dunno, maybe a long time ago it was at least sustainable but still bad for most people. however, sometimes the truth gets out:

upload_2020-3-29_21-33-52.png

rickyb

many americans can measure their wealth in scientific notation. you take a number and then times 10 to the power of negative 3 or 6 or something.

so for example say you have $2.47 x 10 to the negative 7 wealth. thats:

$0.000000247

aka you are broke as :censored2: