I guess amazon is upgrading ?

35years

Gravy route
Love the comments in the first link
The sky is falling...

We are going from a 49 to a 70 lbs limit.
Cant get up driveways in that beast.
No a/c, no radio
No way I am turning off the engine and closing the door at every stop.

Welcome to the real world of delivery.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
@Mugarolla has discussed this before. The reason is unclear but its thought that because UPS wants to be able to put anyone in the seat when needed that they require everyone to have one. Too many rules to remember for DOT to rely on management to not screw up.

If routes change, and It needs a larger package car, UPS is not going to check to see who has a DOT card as to what size package car to put on that route.

Or, Bob called in sick today and his route is hanging. Joe is the only available driver, but he can't run that route because he doesn't have a DOT card in order to drive that P10.

Or, Bill broke down on route. The only available spare package car is a P10, but they can't send it out to Bill because he does not have a DOT card and cannot drive that package car.

It's easier to just require all package car drivers to have a DOT card.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No one held a gun to their head and made them drive for amazon.

What should they do, go flip burgers for $10 an hour?

Amazon put them in a small Sprinter van for that $15 an hour. Now, Amazon wants to put them in a truck with no air conditioning at that same $15 an hour.

Yes, they have a right to bitch.

Last edited:

Package Stick

"Send it."

Amazon put them in a small Sprinter van for that $15 an hour. Now, Amazon wants to put them in a truck with no air conditioning at that same $15 an hour.

I feel thankful to have the Teamsters. I would rather have a union that's (sometimes) crap vs no union.

These people are stupid, and they are paid as such. Even our PTers are stupid for not voting, and they are paid as such.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
My neighborhood has under 100 homes and is 25 miles from their DSP. One day last week we had 3 different Amazon drivers in our neighborhood at the same time.

The one that delivered across the street was missing it's rear bumper.:)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I feel thankful to have the Teamsters. I would rather have a union that's (sometimes) crap vs no union.

These people are stupid, and they are paid as such. Even our PTers are stupid for not voting, and they are paid as such.

$15 an hour to drive for Amazon with little or no benefits.

$25 an hour to drive for FedEx with little or no benefits.

$40 an hour to drive for UPS with full benefits.

The difference? We have a Union.

purehavanne

Massive turnover coming from their workforce. You KNIW amazon greedy ass is gonna brick out these freightliners. Their drivers are gonna sh** their pants and walk off the job

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They could drive a truck with no air conditioning for UPS for around 35$ an hour.