I guess amazon is upgrading ?

specter208

If routes change, and It needs a larger package car, UPS is not going to check to see who has a DOT card as to what size package car to put on that route.

Or, Bob called in sick today and his route is hanging. Joe is the only available driver, but he can't run that route because he doesn't have a DOT card in order to drive that P10.

Or, Bill broke down on route. The only available spare package car is a P10, but they can't send it out to Bill because he does not have a DOT card and cannot drive that package car.

It's easier to just require all package car drivers to have a DOT card.
Does Integrad still train with a manual car?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Money can overcome some working conditions.

$40 an hour can overcome some working conditions that $15 an hour cannot overcome.

For $40 an hour, I can handle delivering hundred pound bags of dog food.

I don't like it, but they pay me very well to do it.

Delivering those same hundred pound bags of dog food for $15 an hour, screw that.

I'll bet you those $100 an hour workers didn't take a different job with better working conditions for $40 an hour.

So yes, money does come into play.

@Brownslave688
tenor (12).gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

$40 an hour can overcome some working conditions that $15 an hour cannot overcome.

Delivering those same hundred pound bags of dog food for $15 an hour, screw that.

I'll bet you those $100 an hour workers didn't take a different job with better working conditions for $40 an hour.

Yes over course it overcomes some things. The point is if working conditions are bad people will Bitch. You can claim
That they have no right to bitch because of how much they make but that’s just a personal opinion that matters little to the person doing the bitching.

Spoken like a true millennial.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes over course it overcomes some things. The point is if working conditions are bad people will Bitch. You can claim
That they have no right to bitch because of how much they make but that’s just a personal opinion that matters little to the person doing the bitching.

OK.

But I still laugh when a $40 an hour driver bitches about delivering.a hundred pound bag of dog food when an Amazon driver delivers that same hundred pound bag of dog food for $15 an hour.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This might be why they are getting bigger trucks. Laughed at all of the comments talking about “oversized” packages. Uhhhh you guys don’t know what oversized is.

39F37528-7B1B-4E9A-A621-99D4009BD50D.jpeg

iowa boy

Any one else notice in the second video that shows the walk-thru in the truck it has some if not all of the equipment in place for Amazon to utilize telematics like UPS does with the seat belt sensor and the bulk head door sensor?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yup, I think they call their version "mentor"

b953fpi9mig41.jpg

Pretty neat they also have that key fob and push button start system as well...

PS, Wut happened to these vans from a couple years back? Did anyone ever seen them in your area at all?

Morgan-Olson-Amazon-CSF-lay.jpg

Last edited: