I Hate Ups

U

UPSer not in USA

Hey.. im working for UPS, in Asia. Till date, we still have TLAs and like you said, we "forced" our sups to listen to our complaints and unhappiness. Just feel good, doesn't it?

retiredone

UPS Jeff said:
I did the Google search and there were 19.8 MILLION hits--wow! I read quite a few and they were right on the money about most complaints!

An update: I hate UPS will now produce 18,700,000 google hits.

I love UPS produces 61,300,000 hits.

boswharfs

retiredone said:
An update: I hate UPS will now produce 18,700,000 google hits.

I love UPS produces 61,300,000 hits.

The best part of this is: when 61,300,000 people say they love UPS, they mean us-the drivers- not the guys wearing the ties.

DS

Fenderbender
I bet that if all the package and preload sups were absent,(insert your own reason why this could happen)and us drivers knew the night before,we could come in an hour early and pull together to finish the wrap.We could designate a couple of vets to stay back and answer phones,and do it without them,and get it done with no missed.

aspenleaf

I know we preloaders get our trucks wrapped up in record time when the sups are out. They have the "methods" they make us follow which means no stacking until the end when all the cages are dumped. So usually there is a huge mess. However when the sups are away we stack throughout our shift and are clean by 7:30 and then we just have to get the packages that were added after we have loaded our trucks. That method is not proper but I still do it (stack in the middle) and let them yell at me (which they do) but I am done by the time my drivers show up and others are still grabbing boxes from cages. So I love when my sup calls in! But I know you drivers could do it all if given the chance.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its pretty amazing what a bunch of well tuned individuals can accomplish. Which is the reasons most of us have cell phones. Most shifts can run themselves, and do. Management is like a guy who wont ask for directions when he is lost. Me, ..... if Im lost I ask everyone. Because I dont know..... where iam going....... and neither do they.
I lost 25 minutes going back for a misdelivery, so I was told. The lady just wanted to know where her other pkg was, and it was not on my truck. So tomorrow when there is a big----- ? WHY----- by my sporh, Ill write dunno ask (insert name) it cost me .5 sporh.
UPS is so lucky to have the dedicated ones they have, yet they dont appreciate it at all. Just like someone said, Imagine what 325,000 dedicated employees could do to the competition. But no one in The big house seems to read the biggest UPS blog there is.

D

DJoseph

I loathe UPS with every fibre of my being. I ordered a rug from RugsExpress.com several weeks ago. When it didn't show up I called them and learned that UPS sent the rug back to the manufacturer that shipped it! I called UPS and they insist that I had called their 800 number and arranged for the package to be held, and that I never showed up so they sent it back after five days.

I NEVER CALLED UPS!!! I was under the impression the rug was being shipped via DHL. But UPS refused to consider any other possible reason for THEIR mistake, they were adamant that I placed a hold on the delivery and that it was all MY fault! Bastards! If I'd known the rug was being shipped via UPS I'd have happily paid extra for a competent and reliable company like Fed Ex or DHL to deliver it.

I live in an apartment building in Manhattan. In the past 10 years I've lived here I've received hundreds of packages. UPS is the ONLY company that consistently leaves notices in the building lobby without bothering to even ring my doorbell to see if I'm home (and I'm always home days since I work nights). So at least half the time I have to make a trip to the distribution center and pick up the packages myself.

Anybody here remember REA (Railroad Express Agency). They were the big dogs for quite a while. The same thing that brought them down can happen to UPS, and will, if it keeps it's current policy of only catering to the stockholders....not to mention corporate greed.

DS

Fenderbender
As for your rug,9 times out of 10 the package is returned to the shipper because there`s multiple address labels on it.So this would
be the shippers fault.As far as the driver not ringing your doorbell goes,since we make 3 delivery attempts,after you get the first info
notice,have you ever left the driver a note downstairs?Or called the 1-800 number and asked for a certain delivery time...say between 12noon and 4PM?The best way to make sure you get your stuff is to make a point to meet your driver and talk to him/her,usually the
same driver does the same area every day.and we are so overworked,that we welcome customers that realize how tight our
schedule is and work with us to make life better for both of us.

disneyworld

Anybody here remember REA (Railroad Express Agency). They were the big dogs for quite a while. The same thing that brought them down can happen to UPS, and will, if it keeps it's current policy of only catering to the stockholders....not to mention corporate greed.
Anybody remember American Messenger Service from the NE.Maybe Fedex Ground will go the same way they did.

New Englander

Well in my center, we have alot of rural routes. The seals on the back doors dont work and it sucks in dirt from the back door. After a couple of hours, you literally have an 1/8 of a inch of dirt on the boxes.

It's far from just the door seals. How many trucks can you actually see the road through the floor cracks etc......

If you look in the back corners of the floor in a P500 you will find two holes about two inches in diameter, this allows road dirt to come into the truck regardless of the door seals.

Average at Best

I actually miss the old yearly TLA's. It didn't accomplish much but it forced your supervisor to actually sit and talk with you one on one. Now if you can get their ear for more then 5 seconds unless it's a disciplinary matter it's a miracle.

TLA stands for "Tough Luck, :censored2:." As in, I talk about my problems with him and the company, he listens, and then he pats me on the back and says, "tough luck..."

UPS Lifer

its comes down to ups management being "drama queens." If there is no drama in their jobs they dont think that they are doing a good job. Can you imagine a ups where management actually listens to employees thoughts and really follow up on things......ah what a wonderful dream.

Hey! did you say something....I was kind of busy adjusting my crown!
:thumbsup:

Mike Hawk

Speaking of dirt, anyone know what the black stuff all over boxes is? At the end of the day my hands and lower arms are covered in it. It seems like it is everywhere, on the boxes, on the belts, on the floor and in the air.