I hate when res customers tell you to just put it by door

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I one of the things that bug the hell out of me; is when the customer is in front of their home, they see you and continue what they are doing. Then when they see you approach them they say oh its for me! just put by the door, when they are by the sidewalk or lawn:biting:. Is it just me being irrational or does anyone feel irritated by this senseless act of lazyness?

rod

Retired 22 years
I never thought that was a big deal. At least you could use the MC button and didn't have to search around for a safe place out of the weather

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It doesn't bother half as much as when I have a heavy pkg and the guy is sitting on the porch watching me carry it to him. Lazy :censored2:.........

rocket man

100 pct yes and no one says who is it anymore, they look thru the peep hole and dont say nothing untill youare about to leave.:biting::angry:

DS

Fenderbender
It doesn't bother me,after all its our job.If they come across with the holier than thou attitude,I have to train them.

browniehound

I one of the things that bug the hell out of me; is when the customer is in front of their home, they see you and continue what they are doing. Then when they see you approach them they say oh its for me! just put by the door, when they are by the sidewalk or lawn:biting:. Is it just me being irrational or does anyone feel irritated by this senseless act of lazyness?

It bothers me when they have a long driveway and they are pulling out of it as I walk up it. I'm carrying a tiny pacrel and they totally ingnore me when I could have just handed it to them. Instead I have to walk 1/8 of a mile to their house:whiteflag:.

satellitedriver

Think about the question you are asking.
Which one of you are being senseless, in their act of laziness?
If the customer had not been home, you would have put it on the porch, as you are paid to do.
The customer pays for your service and is busy taking care of their home chores (unpaid) and you think they should drop what they are doing to help make your day less stressful?
So, to directly answer your question, the driver is being selfishly lazy.
Service is all we have as an advantage over our competition.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If the customer had not been home, you would have put it on the porch, as you are paid to do.
The customer pays for your service and is busy taking care of their home chores (unpaid) and you think they should drop what they are doing to help make your day less stressful?
Touche' Of course you are right Sat.

browniehound

Satellite,
I totally agree with you in regards to leaving the package on a customer's porch while they are doing yard work. But, can you see where I'm coming from? I'm walking up their long driveway carrying an evelope or small parcel and they continue to back out and ingnore me.

The intstance I'm remebering was a rich woman (sorry) and I raised my hand as to signal for her to grab the small parcel but she ingnored me and continued to the street. I was hoping she would stop and take the package. She didn't.

I really felt ashamed and totatlly like a 2nd class citizen.

DS

Fenderbender
Instead I have to walk 1/8 of a mile to their house:whiteflag:.
Thats a good walk,how many stops like this do you have?
1/8 of a mile is 660ft...x2 thats 1320 ft...back to the truck
It takes at least 3 minutes to walk 1/4 mile,and thats without a package .I hope you had a nice time study.

browniehound

Thats a good walk,how many stops like this do you have?
1/8 of a mile is 660ft...x2 thats 1320 ft...back to the truck
It takes at least 3 minutes to walk 1/4 mile,and thats without a package .I hope you had a nice time study.

DS, I was thinking of one particular stop. I can't drive down the driveway because I would have to back out. I don't have many of these long walks, maybe 3 on the entire route.

Also, I guess its less than a 1/8 of a mile because I timed the walk. It takes me 2 minutes and change to walk the delivery off.

dillweed

Gosh, I never realized how much drivers resent driving down a lane to make deliveries.

Next time I'm expecting a pkg I'll wait by the side of the road all day so it can just be thrown out the door as they drive by.:dissapointed:

Of course it is our job to take the package to the porch, just as if no one was around. That's not really the point. The point is how little regard people show , not only UPS drivers, any service people. Just think of the circle of courtesy that could develop from one act of kindness. The customer stops what he is doing and takes the package, the next stop the driver picks up the newspaper on the way to the customers door, that customer goes to the supermarket and holds the door for mother pushing a basket filled with groceries and kids, the Mom allows another car to go ahead of her into the traffic, the driver of that car slows down to let the UPS truck change lanes to make his exit off the freeway.

New Englander

Of course it is our job to take the package to the porch, just as if no one was around. That's not really the point. The point is how little regard people show , not only UPS drivers, any service people. Just think of the circle of courtesy that could develop from one act of kindness. The customer stops what he is doing and takes the package, the next stop the driver picks up the newspaper on the way to the customers door, that customer goes to the supermarket and holds the door for mother pushing a basket filled with groceries and kids, the Mom allows another car to go ahead of her into the traffic, the driver of that car slows down to let the UPS truck change lanes to make his exit off the freeway.

You shouldn't push that off as an original thought. I've seen the commercials as well. :dissapointed:

New Englander

Though in all honesty.

The only time I get upset is when a customer asks me to do something out of the ordinary.

Like bring the package inside to the table.
Leave one package in the garage and one on the porch. (one is usually heavy)
Commercial stops who like to think I'm going to put the cheese by the cheese counter, fudge by the fudge counter and everything else in the corner! lol
The residential who needs to ask their husband where to have you leave it etc.....

I always give the residential customer the option. "Would you like the package now or up at the door?" If I meet them outside.

It's our job.

probellringer

my favs are customers that open the door only enough to fit the diad thru sideways to sign:-)censored::censored2::censored2:)..so i stand back with package so they have to come out n get it....my favorite service to provide for customer is when its raining-and they say "i'll be right there "-is to hold package over my head like an umbrella -in order to obtain the sig-gotta love methods.....