I have a question for everyone.

Trucker Clock

Lol. Sheet it by the methods. Are you management?

Nope. Just trying to keep you from being discharged, like what they just did to @OneBoxAtATime? You know, the reason why we are talking about this right now?

You want to be a Rambo and do things your own way, not follow the methods, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

I have no problem, as a Steward, telling drivers that you have follow, and use, their methods. In fact, I think I'd be derelict in my duties if I didn't tell drivers that they have to follow the methods, and not to do it their own way just because they want to.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
When you go to your first stop, and you have 2 pkgs (it's a business). You only find one, so you sheet up the other one as not found. Then go about your business. About 3 hours later you find the one you were missing. At this point you are about (just an example) 3 miles away. So, when you think it's time to go back and deliver the one you found before 5pm. Do you sheet it up as an extra stop or do you sheet it up as duplicate because you were already there in the morning?
Who cares?

Trucker Clock

There’s 340 “methods”, you’re supposed to use your psychic powers and know them all bc they were never handed out to me in a book or pamphlet. Not even at Integrad.

Nope, and you never will. When you are trained as a driver, from Integrad to the on road with a Sup, you are trained by way of the 340 methods.

The 340 methods also do not describe in detail how to use the DIAD or how to record every situation, such as a LA, or DUP. The 340 methods say to follow current procedures for recording package data.

If you were never trained on how to sheet a duplicate stop, that is a viable defense when you are terminated. Just like @OneBoxAtATime. He could claim at the Panel that he was never trained to record a second delivery to the same address as a duplicate.

The only problem here is if they pull his training packet, and it shows he was trained on duplicates, well, now he definitely would not get his job back because he just made the situation worse. What does he say now? Oh yeah, I forgot though.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Nope, and you never will. When you are trained as a driver, from Integrad to the on road with a Sup, you are trained by way cof the 340 methods.

These methods also do not describe in detail how to use the DIAD or how to record every situation, such as a LA, or DUP. The 340 methods say to follow current procedures for recording package data.

If you were never trained on how to sheet a duplicate stop, that is a viable defense when you are terminated. Just like @OneBoxAtATime. He could claim at the Panel that he was never trained to record a second delivery to the same address as a duplicate.

The only problem here is if they pull his training packet, and it shows he was trained on duplicates, well, now he definitely would not get his job back because he just made the situation. What does he say now? Oh yeah, I forgot though.
Which is why in this situation I feel there was some sort of discipline or directions given in his form 1000 at some point. If there wasn’t, it’s going to be difficult for them to terminate him permanently. Especially with the new diad.

Trucker Clock

Which is why in this situation I feel there was some sort of discipline or directions given in his form 1000 at some point. If there wasn’t, it’s going to be difficult for them to terminate him permanently. Especially with the new diad.

I agree. I feel like they have proof that he was trained on how to treat a duplicate stop and that he was purposely padding his stops, for one reason or another.

Thebrownblob

I agree. I feel like they have proof that he was trained on how to treat a duplicate stop and that he was purposely padding his stops, for one reason or another.
Unfortunately, it does seem so,
Even an overzealous Center Manager would usually get shut down by the labor manager before going to a panel. The company does not like to lose.

oldngray

nowhere special
Even an overzealous Center Manager would usually get shut down by the labor manager before going to a panel. The company does not like to lose.
Could be they are trying to make an example of someone and it ended up being him. This is the time of year for them to find things to nitpick about.

Trucker Clock

Again, I agree. Although there is one scenario that they could be playing out. They may have every intention of not hearing the case at the Panel. They may plan on offering him is job back the day before the panel, without backpay. And as @oldngray said, make an example out of him for others.

And you know he will take it.

Thebrownblob

Again, I agree. Although there is one scenario that they could be playing out. They may have every intention of not hearing the case at the Panel. They may plan on offering him is job back the day before the panel, without backpay. And as @oldngray said, make an example out of him for others.

And you know he will take it.
I’ve been in the hallway of a hotel, of where the panel was being held, after they made the grievant drive three hours to go to a panel and then say return to work Monday. 😬

Trucker Clock

I’ve been in the hallway of a hotel, of where the panel was being held, after they made the grievant drive three hours to go to a panel and then say return to work Monday. 😬

Been there done that.

One time it was actually me. My grievance. They made me drive 5 hours to the JAC just to tell me they were going to pay my grievance as we were about to walk into the Panel.

Trucker Clock

Yep. and they get what they want. They hit the driver in the pocket book and make an example of him. He ends up with a 3 or 4 week suspension.

GenericUsername

Nope, and you never will. When you are trained as a driver, from Integrad to the on road with a Sup, you are trained by way of the 340 methods.

The 340 methods also do not describe in detail how to use the DIAD or how to record every situation, such as a LA, or DUP. The 340 methods say to follow current procedures for recording package data.

The only problem here is if they pull his training packet, and it shows he was trained on duplicates, well, now he definitely would not get his job back because he just made the situation worse. What does he say now? Oh yeah, I forgot though.
99% of us never went to integrad. The rest of us have the same thing being told to us in a variety of different ways from every on road. My "qualifying" was me put out onto a route to cover then doing 3 other routes during that week. I never had the 30 days, the letter to whoever, nor the sales lead. I was just thrown out blind to do things. Hell, I've never seen a methods sheet in my career so far. All of this will prove valuable to me the day they attempt to fire me, give me a month of free vacation and send me to panel just to give me back pay. Stop preaching all this method BS and go back to defending the contract. The methods are there for ORS to give us, not a Steward.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That’s a game they like to play so the grievant has 3 hours to think about whatever it is he’s done

AKCoverMan

If I am at a stop, scan and deliver and realize oops there is one more package (hey, I’m ol! It happens!) then it’s a duplicate stop. If I drive away and have to come back because I can’t find package or late volume or whatever… it’s another stop.

More simply, if I have to go there twice it’s two stops. Why wouldn’t it be? I’m accurately recording what actually happened.

Raw

Raw Member
I`m a high seniority driver that rarely delivers but on occasion I do. How do you input a duplicate stop on new diad?