I have a question for everyone.

Sixth Punch Sense

I think the real question (which has skirted around but not asked), is the OP in a bonus center/route? If so I think you're most likely :censored2:ed. If not who cares about numbers?

Edit: Good luck OP I hope you keep your job!

over9five

Staff member
I wouldn't worry about getting that star on your forehead from your supervisor for making your SPOHR.
I'd just dup the stop like we're supposed to....

GenericUsername

I`m a high seniority driver that rarely delivers but on occasion I do. How do you input a duplicate stop on new diad?
Top right 3 dot (or lines, I don't recall) after you scanned the package. You can change it to duplicate stop, change from resi to business and vice versa.

Trucker Clock

Dude why is this job so difficult for you guys? You can literally just scan a not found package and deliver it.

It's not difficult to follow the methods. Yes, you can just scan and deliver it like you suggested. But you can also be terminated for what you just suggested. Don't believe me? Ask the OP.

Trucker Clock

Stop preaching all this method BS and go back to defending the contract.

Method BS? My job is to enforce the contract, and let members know that we are also bound by the same contract. And following methods is in the contract. There are consequences for not following the methods, or working as instructed. Ask the OP.

So yes, it is my job to inform the members that they need to follow the methods or else they can end up on the unemployment line. If you don't agree, I could care less.

The methods are there for ORS to give us, not a Steward.

No, the methods are for the ORS to instruct you on. My job is to inform you that if you don't follow the methods, there could be consequences. Ask the OP.

Trucker Clock

You end up losing time on paper.

Who cares?

Exactly. If I have to go back to 2 stops and sheet them as duplicates, I will not get time credit for those 2 stops. Who cares? I will lose time on paper and be more over allowed than what I actually was. Who cares?

You will not be terminated for running over allowed, but you can be terminated for padding stops.

For those who have bitched, yes, I am a Steward and I am here to tell you to follow the methods. You will never be terminated for following the methods.

Scan and drop a duplicate stop, without sheeting it correctly, yes, you can be terminated.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When you go to your first stop, and you have 2 pkgs (it's a business). You only find one, so you sheet up the other one as not found. Then go about your business. About 3 hours later you find the one you were missing. At this point you are about (just an example) 3 miles away. So, when you think it's time to go back and deliver the one you found before 5pm. Do you sheet it up as an extra stop or do you sheet it up as duplicate because you were already there in the morning?
We were told if the wheels move, it's another stop.

Johney

Call your ORS, put the decision on them then work as directed.

This is the correct.
Incorrect. You may text it to ORS or require a response through the DIAD, but under no circumstances do you take any sketchy direction’s w/o some proof. Say ORS says two stops and Mr LP comes along doing a records audit do you think ORS is going to admit they said that? Not likely.

ManInBrown

When you go to your first stop, and you have 2 pkgs (it's a business). You only find one, so you sheet up the other one as not found. Then go about your business. About 3 hours later you find the one you were missing. At this point you are about (just an example) 3 miles away. So, when you think it's time to go back and deliver the one you found before 5pm. Do you sheet it up as an extra stop or do you sheet it up as duplicate because you were already there in the morning?
Extra stop, same scenario if you had one NDA package for a business or a residence but couldn’t find the other package which wasn’t NDA. You can’t spend time searching if you have more NDA stops left. If it’s your last NDA stop then you can spend all the time to look. You’re not padding stops because you couldn’t find it and would’ve jeopardized service on the remaining NDA stops you had left had you searched for it.

And you don’t hit not found if it’s 9:45 in the morning, and it’s not an air. You hit not found in the afternoon or whenever you sort the rest if your day and you can’t find it. Then you hit not found.

If both packages were let’s say ground and you couldn’t find one and delivered the other. Then at 4:30 you found the other, then it’s a duplicate stop. Now your padding stops if you sheet as an extra stop, because they’re going to say why didn’t you touch every package to find it.

Last edited:

OneBoxAtATime

I really hope you get your job back, but it doesn't matter how others deliver them. You're a 20 year driver. You know the methods.

Just because GenericUserName takes credit for another stop, does not make it right. Some drivers sheet it as a duplicate, per the methods, some sheet it as another stop. Hopefully your discharge will be reduced to a suspension and you can come back.

If you come back, do it by the methods. If you have to return to the same address with another package that you have already delivered to, it is a duplicate stop. Good luck.
thanks brother!

Michael Scott

Extra stop, same scenario if you had one NDA package for a business or a residence but couldn’t find the other package which wasn’t NDA. You can’t spend time searching if you have more NDA stops left. If it’s your last NDA stop then you can spend all the time to look. You’re not padding stops because you couldn’t find it and would’ve jeopardized service on the remaining NDA stops you had left had you searched for it.

And you don’t hit not found if it’s 9:45 in the morning, and it’s not an air. You hit not found in the afternoon or whenever you sort the rest if your day and you can’t find it. Then you hit not found.

If both packages were let’s say ground and you couldn’t find one and delivered the other. Then at 4:30 you found the other, then it’s a duplicate stop. Now your padding stops if you sheet as an extra stop, because they’re going to say why didn’t you touch every package to find it.
If I cant find something i dont care what time it is im hitting not found. I dont need orion jumbling up some route over and over to get me back to the stop i couldnt find. If and when i find it later i just go back, scan, deliver. Nobodies getting fired for padding stops for doing this unless they have an issue of actually padding stops besides this.

OneBoxAtATime

Nope, and you never will. When you are trained as a driver, from Integrad to the on road with a Sup, you are trained by way of the 340 methods.

The 340 methods also do not describe in detail how to use the DIAD or how to record every situation, such as a LA, or DUP. The 340 methods say to follow current procedures for recording package data.

If you were never trained on how to sheet a duplicate stop, that is a viable defense when you are terminated. Just like @OneBoxAtATime. He could claim at the Panel that he was never trained to record a second delivery to the same address as a duplicate.

The only problem here is if they pull his training packet, and it shows he was trained on duplicates, well, now he definitely would not get his job back because he just made the situation worse. What does he say now? Oh yeah, I forgot though

OneBoxAtATime

Nope, and you never will. When you are trained as a driver, from Integrad to the on road with a Sup, you are trained by way of the 340 methods.

The 340 methods also do not describe in detail how to use the DIAD or how to record every situation, such as a LA, or DUP. The 340 methods say to follow current procedures for recording package data.

If you were never trained on how to sheet a duplicate stop, that is a viable defense when you are terminated. Just like @OneBoxAtATime. He could claim at the Panel that he was never trained to record a second delivery to the same address as a duplicate.

The only problem here is if they pull his training packet, and it shows he was trained on duplicates, well, now he definitely would not get his job back because he just made the situation worse. What does he say now? Oh yeah, I forgot though.
in the contract is say you can't get fired by technology, I guess that's not true because.
I did!!

ManInBrown

If I cant find something i dont care what time it is im hitting not found. I dont need orion jumbling up some route over and over to get me back to the stop i couldnt find. If and when i find it later i just go back, scan, deliver. Nobodies getting fired for padding stops for doing this unless they have an issue of actually padding stops besides this.
Why would you hit not found at 9:45 in the morning. If it’s an air, yeah hit not found. You sort the truck for ground during NDA? And if you don’t how is it not found, you didn’t look. And correct no one would get fired for a one time thing, but if you did it a lot and they don’t like you, and you don’t show up with a tub of Vaseline in your back pocket every morning then it’s definitely something they could dig into further and use as discipline. Not a chance in hell the firing would stick, but it’s a way to thin the herd during the slow months Jan-Mar

If there is one nda and one ground and you can’t find the ground you don’t have to hit not found. It’s common sense if you find later it’s an extra stop. You didn’t have time to search for long during nda service.

OneBoxAtATime

If I cant find something i dont care what time it is im hitting not found. I dont need orion jumbling up some route over and over to get me back to the stop i couldnt find. If and when i find it later i just go back, scan, deliver. Nobodies getting fired for padding stops for doing this unless they have an issue of actually padding stops besides t

Why would you hit not found at 9:45 in the morning. If it’s an air, yeah hit not found. You sort the truck for ground during NDA? And if you don’t how is it not found, you didn’t look. And correct no one would get fired for a one time thing, but if you did it a lot and they don’t like you, and you don’t show up with a tub of Vaseline in your back pocket every morning then it’s definitely something they could dig into further and use as discipline. Not a chance in hell the firing would stick, but it’s a way to thin the herd during the slow months Jan-Mar

If there is one nda and one ground and you can’t find the ground you don’t have to hit not found. It’s common sense if you find later it’s an extra stop. You didn’t have time to search for long during nda service.
I'm talking about 2 ground pkgs! I'm going tomorrow to see the stops they claim I padded. Ill let you know brother.