I have received a ban threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of a board such as this, with this many members being an easy going, non-controversial atmosphere is a lost cause.
It can be kept mostly family friendly but differing opinions usually create a discussion filled with emotion. Usually here the emotions are kept in check by the posters but sometimes something can be said that sparks a fire that isn't so easily controlled.
I've been on one message board where there are no flames to speak of, mainly well taken jabs. The difference is that nearly everyone on that board have met face to face and some hang out together from time to time. There are only 60ish members total and I have to admit sometimes it gets quite boring with everyone agreeing all the time.

All that said, for the size, this is the easiest going message board I have ever seen.
The Mods do a great job of trying to keep the atmosphere as Cheryl want's.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I have had several messages and emails as why I do not post much on BC. In my opinion,this second paragraph, quote "No matter how much I dislike you - and I do dislike you immensely....." says volumues about interactions on BC.

For example, I myself don't agree eye to eye with "705red" on every topic, but I DO RESPECT his opinions(and everyone else's for that mater). And I'm sure he respects mine. I know in my mind, that face to face, 99.9% of everyone of us would have a great time together at a party. How can anyone dislike someone so much sitting behind a keyboard? This is the kind of Bullsh** that I can't take. So,until the bickering stops and we can get back to the way BC was when it was set up, I'll read the post and sit out.

Paul
i agree completely now,, seems hoax only makes pointless jokes and upstate insults every poster on every issue,,, not much reason to get involved here anymore...............

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
i agree completely now,, seems hoax only makes pointless jokes and upstate insults every poster on every issue,,, not much reason to get involved here anymore...............
Upstate does not insult every poster on every issue. And if there is not much reason to get involved here then why are you throwing jabs? Don't get involved, MOVE ON!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Upstate does not insult every poster on every issue. And if there is not much reason to get involved here then why are you throwing jabs? Don't get involved, MOVE ON!
when i say get involved here i mean this forum and brown cafe,, and yes upstate insults me most of the time and hoax only makes pointless jokes

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
..... In my opinion,this second paragraph, quote "No matter how much I dislike you - and I do dislike you immensely....." says volumues about interactions on BC.

For example, I myself don't agree eye to eye with "705red" on every topic, but I DO RESPECT his opinions(and everyone else's for that mater). And I'm sure he respects mine. I know in my mind, that face to face, 99.9% of everyone of us would have a great time together at a party. How can anyone dislike someone so much sitting behind a keyboard? This is the kind of Bullsh** that I can't take. So,until the bickering stops and we can get back to the way BC was when it was set up, I'll read the post and sit out.
l

Allow me to explain, please -

This is a forum. I have ideas & opinions that I like to bounce off of others. I enjoy when there are different viewpoints, and enjoy when they become passionate in their expression.

As a forum member, and when he posts on topic, I believe 705red is enjoyable to spar with for mental stimulation. Who knows which of us is right in each mental battle. MORE importantly, WHO CARES? It is a forum, for God's sake!

I agree it is almost impossible to like or dislike anyone you have never actually met. The key word here is "almost". .

When someone makes fun of my situation with my kids, how I don't see them, how I am behind on my support and failing my kids, like 705red always ends up doing to me, I'm going to disike him. You insult me? Who cares, I don't. Insult my children, your are gonna get cooked.

I only entered the thread in question because 705red attacked Upstate's children. You may be aware, Upstate & I do not see eye to eye, on anything. I'm sorry I jumped in if it caused anyone grief. I'm positive I would do the same again. Mess with someone's kids, you are a lowlife scum.

I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that this thread would not exist if the members of BC knew what was written by 705red, comparing his son's testicle sizes, questioning Upstate's parenting. It was bad. It deserved to be deleted. It amazes me that 705red would be complaining so much about being warned when he should be happy he is still allowed on here to throw his tantrums.

I've been asked to back off, back down, tone it down. I respect that & will do so - I just had to say that.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
when i say get involved here i mean this forum and brown,, and yes upstate insults me most of the time and hoax only makes pointless jokes
Say what you mean and mean what you say. You said, "Upstate insults every poster on every issue". Far different from this post.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hellfire, not trying to be rude, but this is an INTERNET forum, which has become quite the family. Just like in any family, you'll have your Joaksters, Laid backs, Up-tights:wink2:, and so on. We're a blend of every kind of people and emotion. Stay awhile, you'll become addicted, I guarantee it, I say this last part in the voice of the Men's Wearhouse guy.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hellfire, not trying to be rude, but this is an INTERNET forum, which has become quite the family. Just like in any family, you'll have your Joaksters, Laid backs, Up-tights:wink2:, and so on. We're a blend of every kind of people and emotion. Stay awhile, you'll become addicted, I guarantee it, I say this last part in the voice of the Men's Wearhouse guy.:happy2:
That's funny that you would read Hellfires post that way. I did not read it the same. I assumed he meant there was no reason to get involved in the thread anymore, not BC as a whole.

fethrs

I say this last part in the voice of the Men's Wearhouse guy.:happy2:

oooh! that voice is sooo annoying.

I hope everyone will be able to get over this. We are all different, we can't expect everyone to agree with our views and beliefs. Time to move on. You'll feel better. I gaurantee it!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: I have received a band threat! Triple threat, even.

when i say get involved here i mean this forum and brown cafe,, and yes upstate insults me most of the time and hoax only makes pointless jokes
That's only 2 of the members. You're letting 2 out of hundreds, sway you? I say you need a thicker skin, or a monitor that translates what is being posted.:wink2:

Allow me to explain, please -

This is a forum. I have ideas & opinions that I like to bounce off of others. I enjoy when there are different viewpoints, and enjoy when they become passionate in their expression.

As a forum member, and when he posts on topic, I believe 705red is enjoyable to spar with for mental stimulation. Who knows which of us is right in each mental battle. MORE importantly, WHO CARES? It is a forum, for God's sake!

I agree it is almost impossible to like or dislike anyone you have never actually met. The key word here is "almost". . I really hated BBAG....LOL:wink2:

When someone makes fun of my situation with my kids, how I don't see them, how I am behind on my support and failing my kids, like 705red always ends up doing to me, I'm going to disike him. You insult me? Who cares, I don't. Insult my children, your are gonna get cooked.

I only entered the thread in question because 705red attacked Upstate's children. You may be aware, Upstate & I do not see eye to eye, on anything. I'm sorry I jumped in if it caused anyone grief. I'm positive I would do the same again. Mess with someone's kids, you are a lowlife scum.

I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that this thread would not exist if the members of BC knew what was written by 705red, comparing his son's testicle sizes, questioning Upstate's parenting. It was bad. It deserved to be deleted. It amazes me that 705red would be complaining so much about being warned when he should be happy he is still allowed on here to throw his tantrums.

I've been asked to back off, back down, tone it down. I respect that & will do so - I just had to say that.
From what you say, it sounds as though 705 commented about upstates predicament with his son. If that is the case, I can only speak for myself, in that I have no comment, because upstate did not solicit input. He just stated that personal tidbit, so that we would have a clue, in another thread. Whatever the case, LTD, upstate is a big boy and can fend for himself, and usually does quite well.

If modstaration is in order, let them modstarate. JMHO, as always, and this opinion comes from not having a clue as to what was posted.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

From what you say, it sounds as though 705 commented about upstates predicament with his son. If that is the case, I can only speak for myself, in that I have no comment, because upstate did not solicit input. He just stated that personal tidbit, so that we would have a clue, in another thread. Whatever the case, LTD, upstate is a big boy and can fend for himself, and usually does quite well.

If modstaration is in order, let them modstarate. JMHO, as always, and this opinion comes from not having a clue as to what was posted.

Now THAT will be the day!

Everyone here is an adult and can take care of themselves.

At the time this happened, I saw Upstate was not on-line, and felt someone should call 705red on the comments. If Upstate showed as online at the time, I would have kept my mouth shut. I would have done the same regardless of who's children the comments were made to, because I am in a similar position. I do not apologize for what I said, I do apologize to Upstate if I stepped on his toes.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Upstate why were you upset he would take his kid to union meetings? Just wondering, maybe your meetings are different then my locals. At my locals a kid would just be bored, but that wouldn't make anyone upset for taking their kid there. Either your meetings are WAY cooler and more 'adult' ;) or you have a problem with this ideologically?
Not taking sides at all, but I see nothing strange about taking a kid to a part of life his mother/father engages in. No different than taking him/her to a shoot, or a country club, or the local bar to learn to shoot a game of pool.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Now THAT will be the day!

Everyone here is an adult and can take care of themselves.

At the time this happened, I saw Upstate was not on-line, and felt someone should call 705red on the comments. If Upstate showed as online at the time, I would have kept my mouth shut. I would have done the same regardless of who's children the comments were made to, because I am in a similar position. I do not apologize for what I said, I do apologize to Upstate if I stepped on his toes.
You were out of line. Who made you the protector? This is why upstate is who he is. I'm sure he would have gathered his wits and said what needed to be said, in only a way he could. You, on the other hand, and I'm just going by what I've seen you post, will let just about anything come out of that mouth. JMHO

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not taking sides at all, but I see nothing strange about taking a kid to a part of life his mother/father engages in. No different than taking him/her to a shoot, or a country club, or the local bar to learn to shoot a game of pool.
Sort of like "Take your kid to work" day.
I know most kids would love to go on a package car for a day ... too bad that's not feasible.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

You were out of line. Who made you the protector? This is why upstate is who he is. I'm sure he would have gathered his wits and said what needed to be said, in only a way he could. You, on the other hand, and I'm just going by what I've seen you post, will let just about anything come out of that mouth. JMHO

Steve - If this came from ANYONE but you, I would take it into consideration. My SIG line has always been for you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Steve - If this came from ANYONE but you, I would take it into consideration. My SIG line has always been for you.
Isn't that what I just posted about you? Raed my posts over. That'll be your homework for tonight. Maybe you'll get some new insight.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

Isn't that what I just posted about you? Raed my posts over. That'll be your homework for tonight. Maybe you'll get some new insight.

Yes it is - and what I've had as my sig line for a week or so after reading your riveting replies as "I had a bowel movement today" and earth-shattering threads of yours such as "my cousin's daughter's hamster had the sniffles, here's a picture"

Status
Not open for further replies.