I have the LOCK of the year..........

U

ups_vette

804:
I agree with you on the majority of the issues discussed here. However, this is one time you're OFF BASE.

L

local804

raspberry.gif

Watch my friend......Watch and learn......

U

ups_vette

804:
I'm joking with you. Personally I like the Yankees, but as far as them being a lock, I wouldn't bet the ranch on em. Too many things can happen. Any playoff team can hot for a few games in a series and it'll be over.

F

fups

Watch the Giants go back .... this time win it all.... that's a lock

L

local804

Hey Fups,
You have to put the jokes on the have you heard any good ones lately thread.Either you posted on the wrong link, or please send some of that grass your smoking over here
lol.gif

C

clarkie

804-
I've got three reasons why the Yankees are a long shot.

1. Jeff Weaver

2. Jeff Weaver

3. Jeff Weaver

P

proups

Atlanta Braves: they will win their 12th or 13th consecutive division title this year (I lost count!).

They have not been successful in the playoffs because they relied too much on starting pitchers and keeping the games close. This year, they dealt Glavine, Millwood, and Remlinger to get some bats in the lineup.

It worked! They have had the BEST record in baseball since early July and do not look to be letting up. They also score runs in double digits and beat people badly. I think this equates to another World Series pennant.

L

local804

Proups,
Division title means balls........It the championship that means eveything.Coming in second isnt good enough in the major leagues.And of that said, they only have 1 in that span.

P

proups

804: the Braves are a different team this year. Almost all of their position players made the All Stars. They lead the majors with the best record in baseball, and have for a couple of months.

How many consecutive years have the Yankees won their division? By the way, who did their coach play for and coach years ago?
proud.gif

L

local804

Hey proups,
I do not think that the braves have the best record you were talking about.Do you want to take a guess who does?
blagube.gif

F

fups

ummm.... i'm trying to think of who beat the braves last year in the playoffs........ anyone know..???? CHOKE!!!!!! every year

we ain't got no band Randy!!!

L

local804

It worked! They have had the BEST record in baseball since early July and do not look to be letting up. They also score runs in double digits and beat people badly. I think this equates to another World Series pennant.
sorry proups
smack.gif

P

proups

local804: congratulations to your Yanks. But you are wrong about the record - go look at the sports pages. The Braves had the best winning percentage since mid-July in all of baseball. They just choke EVERY October (at least they get there).

By the way, is that idiot owner really going to can Joe Torre? He is the best thing that has happened to the Yankees since Billy Martin.

T

tieguy

I'm rooting for the Cubs. I think Sammy Sosa's humility is such a great example for baseball.

B

brown39

Pay back to Pedro, you deserved to be on the brink and then CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE. will join the long list of bosox CHOKERS !!!! Its just too bad he couldn't have gotten THE LOSS !!!!