I have to quit UPS ASAP

Please tell me if there is any penalty

• Just do it

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • There is no penalty

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've thought about this, since I've just been hired as a seasonal feeder driver. I start training next week. After seeing how last minute UPS runs, would not hesitate to take a good job offer.
They wouldn't think twice about dumping you, or me. That's just the point we're at right now.

Zowert

Which is why I think the "I make a good living at my air conditioned office job but am bored and want to become a UPS driver" posts are so funny.

There’s a dude at some cyber security firm I deliver to that’s beeen asking me for HR’s phone number. Says he is bored sitting in an office all day and would love to be a UPS driver. I walked in there one rainy day for an on demand p/u, I was soaking wet and this guy says something about how he’d kill to be out working in the rain... Dude is way out of touch.

Nike

There’s a dude at some cyber security firm I deliver to that’s beeen asking me for HR’s phone number. Says he is bored sitting in an office all day and would love to be a UPS driver. I walked in there one rainy day for an on demand p/u, I was soaking wet and this guy says something about how he’d kill to be out working in the rain... Dude is way out of touch.
Bro I hear yah, but it's all psychological.
I worked in an office too years ago and felt the same way when I saw my UPS driver. Being inside all day dealing with office politics as a man takes a toll on your mind. Being on your own outside all day, and more or less being your own boss could be appealing to a lot of men on the other side.

rod

Retired 22 years
Bro I hear yah, but it's all psychological.
I worked in an office too years ago and felt the same way when I saw my UPS driver. Being inside all day dealing with office politics as a man takes a toll on your mind. Being on your own outside all day, and more or less being your own boss could be appealing to a lot of men on the other side.

It used to be that way but now the drivers may as well wear shock collars.

Staydryitsraining

Well I’m like about 2 weeks driving , I’m a casual driver ( just for the season ) I need to leave UPS because I got a job opportunity in my career ( pilot ) I have to move to Arizona in the next 7 days ,I need to leave UPS , but I’m not sure if there is any charges if I leave UPS, or any penalty , my contracts says until January , but I love aviation and I haven’t expect this opportunity to me , I think if anyone is in the same situation you will do the same. I’m so sorry to leave the job but I have no option I’m moving to AZ for the job.
Why did you write this?

quad decade guy

Ups Airline is one of the biggest in the world and pilots make mucho denero. Can you imagine if this very situation came into play somewhere down the road....I can guarantee whatever pilot job he takes,
won't pay didly compared to UPS Airline.

And just quit. You really think after a couple no call/no show's....you won't be fired? Or that anyone even cares now?

Dr.Brownz

Well I’m like about 2 weeks driving , I’m a casual driver ( just for the season ) I need to leave UPS because I got a job opportunity in my career ( pilot ) I have to move to Arizona in the next 7 days ,I need to leave UPS , but I’m not sure if there is any charges if I leave UPS, or any penalty , my contracts says until January , but I love aviation and I haven’t expect this opportunity to me , I think if anyone is in the same situation you will do the same. I’m so sorry to leave the job but I have no option I’m moving to AZ for the job.

Ask UPS if they can payout (in the next few months) what you will make as a pilot over the rest of your life. When they balk tell them see ya later!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If the volume dried up, would the company keep you on just to be nice?

There's the door, run!