i hit the air-driver jackpot... i think....

chopstic

Bully for your BA. But the National says (a) that Air drivers don't get ground pay for "Exceptions" and (b) that Article 40 overrides all Regional and Local agreements. So your "no exceptions" is contrary to contract, and you need to be careful grieving any violations or you may lose the benefit.

Not necessarily full text (some are only differences), or searchable (some are images only), but see http://www.makeupsdeliver.org/page.php?20 or (better, since it has the 2002 agreement) http://tdu.org/node/1617. The Teamsters site has pulled down their page of contracts (why??? -- because they prefer an ignorant membership?). But see (b) above.

exceptions huh? Somehow I dont think the union would let that kind of language fly. Maybe UPS will make an "exception" and have me deliver ground packages all day as an air driver, maybe they'll make an "exception" and lay off all ground drivers to let part-timers do the work. exception is to ambiguous of a word.

Just for clarification my job title is "exception air driver". So every package i transport is an exception.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This becomes a common theme at BrownCafe

They start a thread
Want advice
Then don't finish the thread by telling everyone what happened and why.

I hope we find out what was the outcome.
We have had air drivers go help FT drivers after 10:30 am and they get paid FT driver rate for their whole day. One package in a shuttle is not worth filing a grievance. Will be thrown out.

chopstic

This becomes a common theme at BrownCafe

They start a thread
Want advice
Then don't finish the thread by telling everyone what happened and why.

I hope we find out what was the outcome.
We have had air drivers go help FT drivers after 10:30 am and they get paid FT driver rate for their whole day. One package in a shuttle is not worth filing a grievance. Will be thrown out.

Sorry... been gone for a while
, Yep, they ended up paying me the top driver wage plus overtime on the driver wage which came out around $43 something an hour. Now I'm envious of all you who actually make this on a daily basis... holy crap!!!.... do you all live in mansions and drive ferraris? paychecks really grow fast when you're making this kind of money

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

, Yep, they ended up paying me the top driver wage plus overtime on the driver wage which came out around $43 something an hour. Now I'm envious of all you who actually make this on a daily basis... holy crap!!!.... do you all live in mansions and drive ferraris? paychecks really grow fast when you're making this kind of money

I live in a condo and drive a Colorado. My ex-wife got the mansion and the Ferrari.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Wow

I would have bet a lot of $$$$ that it would not have been grievable.
Congrats on the bonus, and be glad you have a union that had your back to win it. You know damn well they wouldn't have done it on their own.

7_15_13.gif

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Didn't think so either, congrats to you. As for the mansion and Ferrari's, um, not at this juncture in my life. I'm happy just to get my bills payed and my family fed.