I Knew This was Coming

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If true, that they even proposed a 70 hour DOT week in package if needed, It shows every UPS employee that the 9.5 language is a joke to them.
It also shows that dispatching over 10 hours a day IS the goal.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That would be different and would need to be addressed by the Union.

I truly believe that this is something that they want to have in their back pocket "just in case".
Then it should read with more specificity. Example
“at the drivers discretion”
“Only in November and December”

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
And when will it be 80 hours?
A non-DOT employee could work 80 hours if he wanted to.
He'd be a zombie, and a possible safety hazard, but UPS would work them.

To be fair, Managers during peak probably work 60-70 hours a week.
To do that AND physical labor, NO WAY.
There's a reason books have been written about labor strife from the 1800's to present.
That's also the reason why unions exist and they need to give UPS a history lesson.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Combine this with the “any 2 days off in the week” language and it’s some horrifying shyt
....and these sheep like Dan will go in tomorrow morning, walk past the Company dominated Safety Committee props and demomstrations, pretend to stretch at the PCM and listen to the fake news safety rhetoric, chase the honestly unattainable metrics, and still believe this Company gives a GD about our wellness beyond their own liability.

SMH....please wake up people.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
There's never a need great enough to have exhausted workers driving commercial vehicles on public roads. This is a losing issue for the company. Can you imagine the bad publicity around 70 hour work weeks?

Playing devils advocate here and I totally agree that working 70 hours as a delivery driver for UPS is asinine but Schwans Frozen Food - when they are advertising for help- always say "must be willing to work 70 hour weeks". They have 4500 delivery trucks on the road daily nationwide. The foot is already in the door. Its all going to depend on how hard you want to fight for your sanity (strike?)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Playing devils advocate here and I totally agree that working 70 hours as a delivery driver for UPS is asinine but Schwans Frozen Food - when they are advertising for help- always say "must be willing to work 70 hour weeks". They have 4500 delivery trucks on the road daily nationwide. The foot is already in the door. Its all going to depend on how hard you want to fight for your sanity (strike?)
Holy crap they're still in business? Loved those deliveries when I was a kid.
Thing is, once we give something up there's no getting it back. We have to draw the line somewhere. 60 is enough.