I Knew This was Coming

YUOVER95

I’m a Tuesday through Saturday driver and I have no problem coming in and working Monday’s if that meant a possibility of getting a short day on Saturday maxing out at 60. If they can just increase to 70 hours just like that and now I can work a full 14 hours Saturday even though I came in on my day off that is not OK. Slippery slope indeed!!!

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m a Tuesday through Saturday driver and I have no problem coming in and working Monday’s if that meant a possibility of getting a short day on Saturday maxing out at 60. If they can just increase to 70 hours just like that and now I can work a full 14 hours Saturday even though I came in on my day off that is not OK. Slippery slope indeed!!!
Love your avatar lol. And you are spot on, the 70 hour rule will be abused making fatigued drivers work inhumane hours.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Playing devils advocate here and I totally agree that working 70 hours as a delivery driver for UPS is asinine but Schwans Frozen Food - when they are advertising for help- always say "must be willing to work 70 hour weeks". They have 4500 delivery trucks on the road daily nationwide. The foot is already in the door. Its all going to depend on how hard you want to fight for your sanity (strike?)
Isn’t Schwann the ones who have had Salmonella issues in the past...yeah, no thank you

Observer

Didn't Walmart get in trouble after Tracy Morgan was in that accident? Too many hours driving will be a disaster for the company as the amount of accidents will increase. If this passes, everyone who is forced to drive over the allowed amount should be filing grievances (yes, I know it's a pain) and with enough publicity to DOT - this insane idea will stop. Of course, the company will probably hire sub-contractors - which can be grieved also. Safety first isn't that what they always say?

F

Frankie's Friend

I think they did have one issue years ago. Then again name a food company that hasn't. Have you bought any eggs or romaine lettuce lately?
That's not my point from earlier posting. Their ice cream was really the rave of their food offerings. When it was found to be tainted (in the late 80s or about 1990?) I don't think they truly recovered their market share. It was a major set back for them.

F

Frankie's Friend

I think they did have one issue years ago. Then again name a food company that hasn't. Have you bought any eggs or romaine lettuce lately?
Uh, that's a broad statement. If the lettuce and eggs were from a specific company like the ice cream was those brands would be avoided. There's deaths associated with this warning.
In fact, the warning on the recent lettuce problems was to quit buying ANY romaine lettuce products becuz it was branded under multiple labels.
Nice try tho.

UPSjedi41

Am I the only that sees the correlation between UPS getting the 70 hour rule and Sunday delivery? If they get 70 hours a week, their Sunday staffing issues are solved. Work anyone and everyone.

F

Frankie's Friend

There will not be a strike. Trump will deem us necessary to the national economy and "force" us to continue to work under the existing contract.
"Us"?
Dude, you never attended the last one.
You won't even be a teamster in August.
So you going to scab our work after you retire? Fitting.

CitizenTruth

UPS Proposes 70-Hour Work Week

“Hey, we did pretty well with 70 hour work weeks for Peak we should be able to change the DOT limit anytime we want.”

What do you all think about this?
I am Voting NO no matter what unless they start respecting their workforce more this company as the worst employee mgmt relations I've ever seen or heard of and it need's to end here with this contract I don't need more money or more hours just want what the contract already states dignity and respect as well as a fair days work for fair days pay.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am Voting NO no matter what unless they start respecting their workforce more this company as the worst employee mgmt relations I've ever seen or heard of and it need's to end here with this contract I don't need more money or more hours just want what the contract already states dignity and respect as well as a fair days work for fair days pay.
This is something called a period ( . ).
Sub note: Put it at the end of a complete thought or sentence as some call it.