I Knew This was Coming

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am Voting NO no matter what unless they start respecting their workforce more this company as the worst employee mgmt relations I've ever seen or heard of and it need's to end here with this contract I don't need more money or more hours just want what the contract already states dignity and respect as well as a fair days work for fair days pay.

Is this the only "real" job that you have ever had? If not, while it is certainly not all sunshine and rainbows, UPS is not even close to being among the most abusive work environments.

F

Frankie's Friend

Is this the only "real" job that you have ever had? If not, while it is certainly not all sunshine and rainbows, UPS is not even close to being among the most abusive work environments.
Please enlighten us on worse work environments. You work in an obscure, small center. You don't work in L804 type environments nor does every management "team" treat their employees the same.
TTKU

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please enlighten us on worse work environments. You work in an obscure, small center. You don't work in L804 type environments nor does every management "team" treat their employees the same.
TTKU

When I was in college I worked summers in a Christmas ornament factory. Women would work 10-12 hours shifts inserting the clips in to the balls. They wore gloves to try to prevent the inevitable cuts from the broken glass. Production quotas were strictly enforced and those who couldn't keep up were either reassigned or let go.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When I was in college I worked summers in a Christmas ornament factory. Women would work 10-12 hours shifts inserting the clips in to the balls. They wore gloves to try to prevent the inevitable cuts from the broken glass. Production quotas were strictly enforced and those who couldn't keep up were either reassigned or let go.
WDFD

TTKU
Working on the production line at an aluminum plant. Start at about $20 an hour, with benefits right a way. Up to 12 hour days on your feet. Not to mention super hot. A very dangerous place to be without enough sleep.

Inthegame

TTKU
During college stints, I worked at a large national bakery (union) with a bad crowd of juvenile delinquents who would throw dough balls at each other when the bosses weren't around (almost all day). Get hit with a dough ball at 60mph and you wake up real quick. Oh the humanity...
I left that hellhole for the tranquility of a pkg route.

F

Frankie's Friend

Working on the production line at an aluminum plant. Start at about $20 an hour, with benefits right a way. Up to 12 hour days on your feet. Not to mention super hot. A very dangerous place to be without enough sleep.
The dude was talking about harassment not heat.

F

Frankie's Friend

During college stints, I worked at a large national bakery (union) with a bad crowd of juvenile delinquents who would throw dough balls at each other when the bosses weren't around (almost all day). Get hit with a dough ball at 60mph and you wake up real quick. Oh the humanity...
I left that hellhole for the tranquility of a pkg route.
I worked in a cast iron foundry. The work was hard and extremely hot but the management was not.
Working at ups is not as physically taxing as two other jobs I've had but the stress from management is 5 times more.

@CitizenTruth was commenting on managrment/employee relations. That's what I responded to with upstate's response. Of course, his tiny center is the litmus test for everyone else's experience. SMH

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I worked in a cast iron foundry. The work was hard and extremely hot but the management was not.
Working at ups is not as physically taxing as two other jobs I've had but the stress from management is 5 times more.

@CitizenTruth was commenting on managrment/employee relations. That's what I responded to with upstate's response. Of course, his tiny center is the litmus test for everyone else's experience. SMH
Yep...even within other union jobs mgt isn’t as bad as here....

F

Frankie's Friend

Yep...even within other union jobs mgt isn’t as bad as here....
That's probably because the bottom feeders they hire in at $9/hr jump into management as soon as possible so they don't have to work. They become today's supes and portray the recipe for disaster.
Great deal.

CitizenTruth

This is something called a period ( . ).
Sub note: Put it at the end of a complete thought or sentence as some call it.
Lol if that's what your worried about your in the wrong forum, some people lmao this is a place to rant if you want punctuation stick your finger up your ass

CitizenTruth

Well that's great for you, where I am from not the case I have had other jobs and know other people and the cap they pull at ups is the worst of the worst period

F

Frankie's Friend

Well that's great for you, where I am from not the case I have had other jobs and know other people and the cap they pull at ups is the worst of the worst period
There you go dude! You figured out how to use a period.
You seem kinda testy dude. Are you on your period? Just sayin

F

Frankie's Friend

Devastating.
The bosses should've sent the slackers to you so you could have had one of your "one sided conversations" with them to get them to adhere to standards.