I Love A Parade

newfie

waking up to trump.jpg

vantexan

I wonder how many of those fellows were dead in the next 7 years? The Germans were doing a lot more at that point than goose stepping in parades. All Trump wants to do is show a little love and pride for the military. Personally if it costs that much to have a parade I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. But it's not a sign of a Nazi like state developing. That's the rhetoric of those who hate the military.

newfie

I wonder how many of those fellows were dead in the next 7 years? The Germans were doing a lot more at that point than goose stepping in parades. All Trump wants to do is show a little love and pride for the military. Personally if it costs that much to have a parade I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. But it's not a sign of a Nazi like state developing. That's the rhetoric of those who hate the military.

I'm not opposed to looking at the bottom line but do it objectively and look at all parades and air shows and if you want to cut a percentage then have at it.

I would think however a parade celebrating the birth of our nation would have priority and should be well done.

And if it's politics you're worried about then those in congress should lead by example and not participate in the many parade events they showed up for on the tax payers dime

Box Ox

Yes their looking pretty lame when they want to argue against the leader of our nation holding a celebration honoring our nation.

"Put troops out there so we can thank them — leave tanks for Red Square,” said Gen. Anthony C. Zinni, a retired four-star Marine general and former head of United States Central Command, who until this year served in the Trump administration as a special envoy to help resolve disputes in the Persian Gulf.

Muriel Bowser, Washington’s mayor, said displaying tanks and heavy equipment was “not the American way” of honoring the military."

‘Leave Tanks for Red Square’: Trump’s July 4 Celebration Unsettles Military

It will be fine

"Put troops out there so we can thank them — leave tanks for Red Square,” said Gen. Anthony C. Zinni, a retired four-star Marine general and former head of United States Central Command, who until this year served in the Trump administration as a special envoy to help resolve disputes in the Persian Gulf.

Muriel Bowser, Washington’s mayor, said displaying tanks and heavy equipment was “not the American way” of honoring the military."

Why does that general hate the military?

amazondriverdude

Has there ever been a Republican president that Democrats haven't accused of being one or more of the following:

1) Racist
2) Hitler
3) Mentally unstable

It's the same playbook over and over. Then when the next Republican president comes in office they come out with the bull:censored2: line "Boy, I miss the days of Bush" Sure you do.

newfie

We gonna have a parade , enjoy your tears

bacha29

We gonna have a parade , enjoy your tears
My county is so strapped for cash that it had to eliminate the VA representative position and replace it with a part time gig and ask volunteer veterans to come in and help with benefit applications.The VA hospital over in the next county is asking for wage and benefit concessions for it's employees.

Pay no mind to matters such as these far more critical needs we still have to spend tens of millions of dollars on a publicly funded campaign rally all for the benefit and enjoyment of Dear Leader for which a number high ranking military officials are running around trying to find a legitimate way to try to get OUT of having to go to this mindless extravaganza .

moreluck

golden ticket member
fly overs? they would take place anyway as training exercises over the desert.
America is proud of its military.
fireworks are donated.
Security would be anywhere Trump goes.
Port-a-potties are probably the most expensive item.