I love bonus

Buck Fifty

Checked my time sheet today from yesterday made 3.7hrs of bonus.... :happy-very::happy-very:

The only thing that sucks about the bonus system is it's usually the young bucks (and does!), genetically lucky people, and people with an insane work ethic that make bonus. Those of us normal humans get the shaft because anytime someone over bonuses on our routes, the numbers magically and mystically change. I imagine it'll catch up to everyone sooner or later though...they'll be human once the brown cryptonite gets to them.

I putting this guy in the top 10 of Dumb asses on this site. Save all that bonus money, you'll need it when your on disability!!!

stink219

When I first started driving I used to average an hour to an hour and a half of bonus a day due to running like a deer, driving recklessly and basically riding the razors edge.
It is laughable how, almost without exception, these bonus babies insist they do it "by the methods".
While i was born at night, it wasn't last night.
Do you think they have managed to convince themselves that this is the case?
3.7 under, LOL!!!!
Agreed, most of our "under guys" have gotten busted for leaving COD's and grabbing checks later, signing for packages, DRing commercial stops, ect. We don't even have bonus language. We do have a "time bonus". If we go over 10 hours in a day, we get paid an extra 20 min for 2 additional 10 min breaks. All drivers get paid instead of sitting out for the breaks. so I look at it as they pay me to drive home.

stink219

Btw, I'm usually about 1.5 paid over everyday. I could care less about "the numbers". I work safe first, packages will get delivered eventually. Less poundage on my spine. I still made over 90k.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
We once had a driver that made bonus like you until he hit a guy on a motorcycle in a intersection. He was the greatest thing since flush toilets but that was the end of his driving career. Be safe and play by the rules.

DS

Fenderbender
Yes thats true.... there's a few routes I know that its tough to make bonus...
Nobody gets 4 hours extra pay from ups from mileage alone in one day.
If it's not you stealing time Mr.K,then they screwed up royally with the time study,
and IE will eventually figure out how you are screwing them.
Just in case you are ignorant about this,every driver works his arse off.
In 95% of all areas,it's next to impossible to run scratch,
yet you skip through it picking flowers and filling your basket with berries.
The Wizard wants to see you in his office.

jaker

trolling
Holy crap there is a lot of bitter drivers on here

I bonus about 2 hours a day and i bet you I follow the methods better then you can ever imagine

Mine comes from me having a rural route and I don't chat with nobody if I can avoid it

And if you want money made
Total hours worked last year 2180 made 83k

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

I bonus about 2 hours a day and i bet you I follow the methods better then you can ever imagine

Mine comes from me having a rural route and I don't chat with nobody if I can avoid it

Total hours worked last year 2

You work 2 hours a year? Sweet gig.

tourists24

Total hours worked last year 2131 made 85k
yep... another by the book methods man that just manages to look good on paper

jaker

trolling
You work 2 hours a year? Sweet gig.
I don't know what's up with my iPad , the moment I go a little long on text the page starts freezing up

So I just post it and come back and edit it because it is quicker

If I only worked 2 hours last year that is one heck of a workers comp year

jaker

trolling
yep... another by the book methods man that just manages to look good on paper
Yep and you know why because I know that at any giving moment they can and will be watching me , so I do everything by the methods so I don't have to hear their crap

Last year I had 10 times where they where following me around and ride alongs , so yeah I do work by the methods

S

serenity now

Please somebody explain what a bonus is? How much does it pay? Is it by the hour? Does this mean he gets 3.7 x $32.00?

yes, that's what it means here * time worked + an additional (3.7 x straight time)
his actual was that much under the planned day (if he is to be believed)
some have mentioned their bonus system is paid at time and 1/2

Total hours worked last year 2180 made 83k
I just talked to your center manager as well and he says you are the best. Good job

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I work in a bonus center and I'm what you would call a bonus driver. I've been on my bid route for over nine years and the other 8 were just me covering various routes. I would be lying if I said all routes bonus equally. I've done routes that I didn't even break a sweat and pulled a 1.5 bonus and other routes that I busted my rump all day and barely got above scratch. With that said I openly promote the bonus and I hope one day they devise a system that somehow reflects equally on all routes.

kingOFchester

We are bonus paid at 1.5 X hourly.

Our center likes to make some of the trips into crazy split trips. I have had airs in loop X. Then had commit times at commercial in loop Y 20 miles away with a mix of houses. Then 10 miles further away in loop Z might have several commercial stops that got mixed in with residential that I have to break off for to service before 17:00. Finish all deliveries in loop Z and return back to loop Y to finish that. Then I head in. The to and from time is calculated from the loop of my last 5 stops even though I started in a loop closer to the building.

So, good bonus is made by a poor plan. Not my problem. Even been called into office being questioned why I bounced around so much. When I explain that their plan forced me to do so in order to make service then I get the "uh, ok".

lateagain

For those that don't know what bonus is, they do a time study on the route and determine how much time it should take you to run it. If you are done faster, the time less than what they determine it should take it paid at overtime rate.

S

serenity now

For those that don't know what bonus is, they do a time study on the route and determine how much time it should take you to run it. If you are done faster, the time less than what they determine it should take it paid at overtime rate.

not at the overtime rate, everywhere

jaker

trolling
I just talked to your center manager as well and he says you are the best. Good job
Me doing what I do has nothing to do with kissing anybody's butt , why I do it is because I can get home to my family quicker and spend time with them

So yeah bonus 2 hours and be home with the family or stay at work another 2 hours and not be home , you pick

oldngray

nowhere special
When bonus was first introduced the first 20 min were paid at straight time because by some convoluted logic UPS claimed they were doing that because they wouldn't pay OT for your 2 ten minute breaks. That was grieved and changed to everything over 8 hour planned day was time and a half. Eventually the center voted to eliminate bonus because it was so unfair to most and time allowances were magically changing for people who were actually making bonus.