I Love Working at UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Eventually, the shine will come off. Meantime, you make many good points about counting blessings, and knowing things could be a lot worse. We need to be reminded of that around BC once in a while!

I see that you too have noticed the sense of entitlement that exists within some of the more pro-union members of this forum.

Overpaid Union Thug

Awwwww...I didn't know you still had the ability to trust UPS to direct the pay to part timers...it's cute that you still believe! :funny: I've also heard of wage freezes...but I heard that the last 2 contracts. We'll see what happens.

Well, i figured the more liberal minded sheep of the forum would be all for it. I guess not. Apparently it's only right to redistribute other people's wealth and doesn't apply to them, or in this case, us. Remember the $0.10 "catch up raise" part-timers got a couple of contracts back? What a slap in the face that was.

ymelord

I see that you too have noticed the sense of entitlement that exists within some of the more pro-union members of this forum.
Just curious what wage do you think I am worth. Maybe we feel somewhat entitled because UPS has been making record profits on my 10,11,12 hour days. Less bull chit, harassment, threats, intimidation, and more family time, and maybe my pro-union entitlement attitude, would be, I love my job, I love my pay, and I have always had the greatest customers.

Last edited:

What'dyabringmetoday???

Just curious what wage do you think I am worth. Maybe we feel somewhat entitled because UPS has been making record profits on my 10,11,12 hour days. Less bull chit, harassment, threats, intimidation, and more family time, and maybe my pro-union entitlement attitude, would be, I love my job, I love my pay, and I have always had the greatest customers.
No sense arguing with a guy who really wants to be a supervisor. With the amount of posts he has, it is obvious that this is all that he has in life.

happybob

Feeders
I like my job. Love? Not even close. I will say its the best job I've ever had. Getting paid to drive around and deliver packages for $30+/hr is sweet. We are probably over paid and that's why I proposed that drivers take a pay freeze on the next contract and that part-timers be given our share of the wage increases. I guess that proves how satisfied I am with the job.
Since the majority of us will not take a pay freeze, I sugest you try this. Take whatever increase in pay you receive and give it to a part time employee of your choosing.

Overpaid Union Thug

Since the majority of us will not take a pay freeze, I sugest you try this. Take whatever increase in pay you receive and give it to a part time employee of your choosing.

And I'm sure the majority of "us" didn't bother to fill out contract proposals either but I did and I proposed this. And I'm sure "us" will continue to wonder why their trucks look like they're loaded by someone who really doesn't give a crap anymore because they barely make minimum wage.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

And I'm sure the majority of "us" didn't bother to fill out contract proposals either but I did and I proposed this. And I'm sure "us" will continue to wonder why their trucks look like they're loaded by someone who really doesn't give a crap anymore because they barely make minimum wage.

I'm not sure that you have read many posts on here.

This site is dominated by "me"sters ... you need to get that in the contract otherwise, ain't gonna happen.

ActionJaxson

From post in FB: https://www.facebook.com/ups

Little UPSer Girl.jpg
Little UPSer Girl.jpg

Last edited:

Buck Fifty

If some of you guys are so miserable with what you do, then do all of us a favor and quit. That will open up driver positions for those who may actually enjoy their work. If you were all paid $50/hr, some of you would still be bitching about something.

That just about sums it up.

Mmm, brownies.

LOL!

This should stir up the disgruntled mes on here.

Get a room guys .