I need to Vent

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It's interesting how the OP's original comments get twisted around to be sh***y management, management that doesn't care, etc.

What about the fact that the OP simply got his feeling hurt? What's the big deal? Is he scarred for life? Why does everyone jump to the "management sucks" position and "the world is unfair to me" at every opportunity? It's the other driver that hurt his feelings. So what????

FilingBluesFL

So if you skip lunch you get any week you want? Sweet.

Skip lunch, run your ass off, and make better than "production."

This one guy in particular, on a Friday, they'll give him an EXTRA 20-30 stops. He'll bitch, and scream, and yell about it, and then he'll get in at the same time and sometimes EARLIER than what he usually runs!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Ive been at UPS 13 years now and been driving for about 9. Doing a good job at work is what I strive to do. I'm never in the office,and I typically carry a heavier workload than most. When I ask for simple things around work you would think I was trying to pull someones wisdom tooth. Other drivers who wine and complain a lot seem to get the preferential treatment. This really gets under my skin. When I ask for something,9 times out of ten I get the"We have a lot of issues going on". Well today I had to use and FMLA day. I even had a fellow driver,one who I considered a friend,text me and say that I ****** up his day. It kind of shocked me and also put me in a sour mood. However,I wasnt at work to hear what a sup actually told him. Maybe they said"We had you of today but so and so called in and thats why you can't be where you need to" Management is good about putting drivers against that drivers. I wish I had a tape recorder to play back what some on car sups say about other drivers!

Do you personally pay union dues in you "Right to Work State?"

If not then learn to enjoy eating shi^t.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you run your :censored2: off every day and skip your lunch your an idiot plain and simple. I don't feel bad for them. Just like I tell the driver supe if he bitches about over allowed, I tell him this job is a marathon your not going to win the race in 1 day.

Integrity

Binge Poster
hello supervisor, this is (you) I will not be in today*click*

Why would you do anything more than that?

OP it sounds as if you are coming to the stunning realization that management does not care about you!! We all learn it, takes some longer than others!! The sooner you realize your the only person in that place that truly cares about you, the better off you will be!!
grgrcr88,

Some still care at UPS most don't, but some do.

Do you care about your fellow man? More specifically your coworkers?

Sincerely,
I

Marlin3030hntr

Hey I feel what he's saying I'm not a rabbit just focused when I'm out on route, I don't skip my lunch and breaks, I'm in the union in a RTW state as are 99% of the people in our building. The heavy dispatch follows me route to route, but the one time you need something management is always there to crush and destroy plans and when you call in out of necessity they are quick to try to blame you for a bad day in the center and try to get other driver mad at you (luckily it doesn't work most of the time since they all know me) it's just frustrating and does create personal distain for the job.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you run your :censored2: off every day and skip your lunch your an idiot plain and simple. I don't feel bad for them. Just like I tell the driver supe if he bitches about over allowed, I tell him this job is a marathon your not going to win the race in 1 day.

​If you skip your lunch it's like giving the company free labor. Almost like sorting and loading your truck before start time. Whoops.