I no longer enjoy working for ups.

Staydryitsraining

From what I see in my center they will run you into the ground and get whatever they can out of you. Watched a 22.4 get back last week just to be grabbed before he can clock out and told to get another truck you got 2 more pickups. It is crappy what they do to you guys and I feel for you but keep on going. All you're waiting for is people to retire or die. (That line was told to me when I interviewed for the post office years ago when I asked how long it took to become permanent lol)

I saw a couple other people say it and its great advice.....SLOW DOWN!!!! Smell the roses and don't kill yourself. That is what the company wants. They want you to burn yourself up 2 years into it and quit so they get cheap labor rinse and repeat. This is why the 22.4 was created.
History lesson, the union came up with a 22.4 they claim it was the middle ground to get rid off excessive ot. My building is full of losers who want to work 6 days a week and 10-13 hour days.

Upass.

History lesson, the union came up with a 22.4 they claim it was the middle ground to get rid off excessive ot. My building is full of losers who want to work 6 days a week and 10-13 hour days.
They always ask me to come Mondays , but i never did . I am 22.4 driver , but i am a man. I don't work my weekends.

iruhnman630

20200610_171508.jpg

542thruNthru

it's your own fault.

You don't know what it's like out there anymore. It's not like the 80s when you only had to worry about produce pirates and boat snatchers.

We have to drive through red light and wear a bullet proof vest now. At least 4 or 5 times a day a porch pirate will jump on my truck and tell me...
giphy-219.gif

Luckily we have new anti-theft devices now since they took all our guns away.
Bpov.gif

SMH

JJinVA

From what I see in my center they will run you into the ground and get whatever they can out of you. Watched a 22.4 get back last week just to be grabbed before he can clock out and told to get another truck you got 2 more pickups. It is crappy what they do to you guys and I feel for you but keep on going. All you're waiting for is people to retire or die. (That line was told to me when I interviewed for the post office years ago when I asked how long it took to become permanent lol)

I saw a couple other people say it and its great advice.....SLOW DOWN!!!! Smell the roses and don't kill yourself. That is what the company wants. They want you to burn yourself up 2 years into it and quit so they get cheap labor rinse and repeat. This is why the 22.4 was created.

True to a degree. Our center is growing fast. It seems like everytime I turn around another driver interest list is going up. We're already maxing out the 22.4s and temp drivers, got two more drivers going to school next week, which means 2 more full time positions are about to open up. Then add in people retiring, dying, getting into serious accidents (rare) etc. I dont think the wait is going to be as long as it may seem. Especially at my center we have alot of older heads who look like they might retire any day now.

DonaruTarampu

Been 3 months since I quit and I do miss actually working instead of just sitting around the house, but I also enjoy my knees not feeling like crap and I don't miss the feeling of dread / anxiety whenever I walk into the building in the morning. I would've stayed if the pay was $25/hour. $20.50 was not worth it for the work I did and the BS I had to put up with.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Been 3 months since I quit and I do miss actually working instead of just sitting around the house, but I also enjoy my knees not feeling like crap and I don't miss the feeling of dread / anxiety whenever I walk into the building in the morning. I would've stayed if the pay was $25/hour. $20.50 was not worth it for the work I did and the BS I had to put up with.
What job did you do at ups ?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
What's wrong with having a good work ethic?

I'm young, have no wife or children.
I like my job. (Just not the majority of my supervisory team).

I volunteer for the extra hours whenever I can get them. Sock the money away for a rainy day, and sacrifice now, so that I don't have to work 16 hour days down the line.

I'm not sure why you'd feel those guys looking to pick up more hours are losers.

Staydryitsraining

What's wrong with having a good work ethic?

I'm young, have no wife or children.
I like my job. (Just not the majority of my supervisory team).

I volunteer for the extra hours whenever I can get them. Sock the money away for a rainy day, and sacrifice now, so that I don't have to work 16 hour days down the line.

I'm not sure why you'd feel those guys looking to pick up more hours are losers.
People who want to spend almost every hour they can at work regardless of money clearly have no life, enjoy nothing.