I no longer enjoy working for ups.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
People who want to spend almost every hour they can at work regardless of money clearly have no life, enjoy nothing.
Lol.
I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

How can you tell me I enjoy nothing? That I have no life?
I enjoy lots of things.
I greatly enjoy food. I enjoy hanging out with friends and family. I have been known to appreciate the company of certain ladies. I enjoy the work that I do. I enjoy spending my free time programming computers.

My record for the year (so far) has been almost 18 hours on the clock in a day.
I had more fun that day than I've had in a good long while.
Got to run for 2 drivers I've never gotten to know before, and spent my evening in a trailer with my favorite coworker.
I also made as much that day as I can in a week of preload.

With all due respect, just because it isn't something you'd want, doesn't mean it isn't worth having. :)

Shiftless

As I sit here reading
"I no longer enjoy working for ups."

I am reflecting back to when I worked at UPS. I can say I had management I worked under who were just not nice people and really had no people skills that came to them naturally. Then there were others who you would give the extra mile any time they asked. I also admired those who said enough of this B S and quit as an hourly or management!

Its ALL About CHOICES! I chose to make their dispatch their issue, NOT MINE! That mind set followed me thru till I retired. My end goal was once I realized I'm staying for the long haul, I need to retire early and well!

Why be unhappy! Deal With it or Quit I say!

542thruNthru

Lol.

I enjoy lots of things.
I greatly enjoy food. I enjoy hanging out with friends and family. I have been known to appreciate the company of certain ladies. I enjoy the work that I do. I enjoy spending my free time programming computers.

Got to run for 2 drivers I've never gotten to know before, and spent my evening in a trailer with my favorite coworker.

With all due respect, just because it isn't something you'd want, doesn't mean it isn't worth having. :)

I believed every word you were saying till I got that part.

Nah
Lol.

I enjoy lots of things.

It's pretty simple, when you think about it.

>Things cost money.
>You earn money by working.
>If you enjoy lots of things, you must work more so you can attain/afford them.

Work sucks. Sitting around all day because you can't afford to do anything sucks more.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Been 3 months since I quit and I do miss actually working instead of just sitting around the house, but I also enjoy my knees not feeling like crap and I don't miss the feeling of dread / anxiety whenever I walk into the building in the morning. I would've stayed if the pay was $25/hour. $20.50 was not worth it for the work I did and the BS I had to put up with.
You weak

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Been 3 months since I quit and I do miss actually working instead of just sitting around the house, but I also enjoy my knees not feeling like crap and I don't miss the feeling of dread / anxiety whenever I walk into the building in the morning. I would've stayed if the pay was $25/hour. $20.50 was not worth it for the work I did and the BS I had to put up with.
I feel you....

I do.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut working from home gives you opportunity to be paid and accomplish 50 million other things.

In the comfort of your own home.

Unless you don't like your home.

DonaruTarampu

I feel you....

I do.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut working from home gives you opportunity to be paid and accomplish 50 million other things.

In the comfort of your own home.

Unless you don't like your home.
Yeah it's nice to be able to Skype with your favorite office girl while touching yourself under the table. My dog can't report me to HR.

Last edited:

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
History lesson, the union came up with a 22.4 they claim it was the middle ground to get rid off excessive ot. My building is full of losers who want to work 6 days a week and 10-13 hour days.

this is pretty much spot on. Management will somehow try to make it seem like a personal problem, or you’re lazy, but the truth is no part timer should be working 6 days.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
this is pretty much spot on. Management will somehow try to make it seem like a personal problem, or you’re lazy, but the truth is no part timer should be working 6 days.
Why?

You haven't given a reason for why sixth day punches are bad, you've just made clear what you would want for yourself.

Our base pay if we request our guarantee is a bit over 12K gross.
If we work a sixth day, we make almost 4K more.

"Special" day work is generally pretty easy, so why shouldn't people?
My day also gets done around 9:30 in the morning, meaning that I still get basically my full weekend.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Why?

You haven't given a reason for why sixth day punches are bad, you've just made clear what you would want for yourself.

Our base pay if we request our guarantee is a bit over 12K gross.
If we work a sixth day, we make almost 4K more.

"Special" day work is generally pretty easy, so why shouldn't people?
My day also gets done around 9:30 in the morning, meaning that I still get basically my full weekend.

because my life doesn’t revolve around a part time job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol.

I enjoy lots of things.

@542thruNthru paragraph 2 sentence 6...